Tuesday, September 30th, 2014

Solodex BYCC

Posted By: Duane 3NE 2NR13/06/10No Comments;
Tags:, , , Photographers: Duane 3NE 2NR, Vivek Maharaj, Ricardo Martinez and Lyden Thomas
Categories: Drag & Wind / Time Attack, Event Coverage, Solodex  Views: 6,453

Solodex BYCC

This was definitely one of the least attended BYCC events in years; given the world cup matches, Montreal F1 and Le Mans 24Hrs all this weekend it was not too surprising either.

It definitely was not the quietest BYCC though! The few drivers that took part got in A LOT of seat time as there was no line up to get on the track. Added to the “anti-lag” on Pyke’s Vauxhall “Toco Special” Viva, was also the MONSTER sound coming from the engine, blow-off and drive train of Jody’s 666 widebody Subaru Impreza.

36 Responses to “Solodex BYCC”

1. User avatar

MG Man

Jun 15th, 2010

i missed this one, but I personally like the BYCCs that have fewer cars…………more track time and shorter queue to run
    I envy the guys who were there

2. User avatar

rjaggs

MG Man wrote:
    I envy the guys who were there

the downside is that I don’t have tires for the next event

3. User avatar

MG Man

rjaggs wrote:
    MG Man wrote:
    I envy the guys who were there

the downside is that I got carried away

fixed :mrgreen:
    the key is no matter what, to limit your runs
    my intention was to do two sets of runs, max, and focus on clean lines, not speed
    I have the same limit is you in that I only have one set of tyres. It’s hard but when your budget is limited, you need to hold back, or in my case sometimes, just stay home :-(

4. User avatar

Aaron 2NR

Jun 15th, 2010

i passed by around 2:30pm…didnt bother to stop…

there were about 3 evo’s, ignis and a b13…

5. User avatar

Duane 3NE 2NR

Jun 15th, 2010

It was good, felt like a real track practice day.

OMM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Image

Crix you might want to check that back tyre :|

6. User avatar

MG Man

***rolls back gate***
    ***kicks HSR***

7. User avatar

moti

Jun 15th, 2010

damn; should have attended this event

8. User avatar

Reyos

Jun 15th, 2010

Had about 15 cars doing laps during the course of the day….
    Only 3 cars were allowed on the course at a time. Anytime anyone else wanted to go on, all they did was line up. When the guys on the course saw a car in the line one would come out to make room for the other. :mrgreen:
    It was nice to see some of the new guys coming out to try the BYCC to get a little more aquainted with their cars…hope to see them at future events.

In the morning the track was a bit wet and very slippery but it dried out nicely in the evening.
    I went through two tyres…but got A LOT of needed seat time.
    Looking forward to the next event.

9. User avatar

Reyos

Jun 15th, 2010

When I was leaving, I saw members of the V8 club rolling in. Would have been nice to hear those cars on the course!

10. User avatar

Ignorant Ignis

sorry i couldn’t make it …… i was in Guadeloupe at the time :(

11. User avatar

moti

Ignorant Ignis wrote:
    sorry i couldn’t make it …… i was in Guadeloupe at the time :(

and yuh still ain’t lend me the iggy :x

12. User avatar

rjaggs

MG Man wrote:
    rjaggs wrote:
    MG Man wrote:
    I envy the guys who were there

the downside is that I got carried away

fixed :mrgreen:
    the key is no matter what, to limit your runs

to add insult to injury is 2 drivers in 1 car…and 1 of them inherited his level of restraint from the other :lol:

13. User avatar

VK-Sportsman

Jun 15th, 2010

Couple of shots I took 8-)

Image
    Image
    Image

More here

14. User avatar

Team Loco

MG Man wrote:
    ***rolls back gate***
    ***kicks HSR***

shut up kevin or thread may get locked

couldnt make it to this one…..committed myself this year to only solodex

15. User avatar

Reyos

Jun 16th, 2010

rjaggs wrote:

ROFL :lol:

16. User avatar

chris1388

Jun 16th, 2010

so what happen to all the hype that was made about ryan peyrau coming to that event to give tips ???

17. User avatar

Reyos

Jun 16th, 2010

chris1388 wrote:

Chris i must apologize to you and the others for that….That was a huge error on my part.
    When I called Ryan a few weeks ago and he readily agreed to come help, I told him I would confirm all the details closer to the event. I had it on my list of things to do but it slipped me :oops: ….I remembered Sunday morning but it was too late to do anything.

I’ll ask him to come at the next BYCC and if he agrees, I’ll make sure to remind him a few days before the event. I am really sorry about that…. :(

18. User avatar

Duane 3NE 2NR

Jun 16th, 2010

nice photos Suzuki Sportsman!!!
    you can add them to the main event if you like, PM me.

19. User avatar

NLVA200

Jun 17th, 2010

this event was the first time i took my swift sport for a spin at a bycc.

tis addictive :twisted:

20. User avatar

MG Man

Jun 17th, 2010

blacktriple_s wrote:
    this event was the first time i took my swift sport for a spin at a bycc.

tis addictive :twisted:

lol thats why I avoid them
    easy to end up like djaggs and done yuh tyres :lol:
    but in all honestly I love the poorly attended BYCCS
    you get the hard core, serious dexers, more tack time, and people who you can bug for help in improving your times :!:

21. User avatar

rjaggs

Jun 17th, 2010

MG Man wrote:
    blacktriple_s wrote:
    this event was the first time i took my swift sport for a spin at a bycc.

tis addictive :twisted:

lol thats why I avoid them
    easy to end up like djaggs and done yuh tyres :lol:
    but in all honestly I love the poorly attended BYCCS

yuh gone back callin meh djaggs again… :evil:

22. User avatar

wagonrunner

Jun 17th, 2010

MG Man wrote:
    lol thats why I avoid them
    easy to end up like djaggs and done yuh tyres :lol:
    but in all honestly I love the poorly attended BYCCS

no bugging without testdrives eh.

rjaggs wrote:
    yuh gone back callin meh djaggs again… :evil:

throw some bitters on him. :lol: :lol:

23. User avatar

NLVA200

Jun 17th, 2010

MG Man wrote:
    blacktriple_s wrote:
    this event was the first time i took my swift sport for a spin at a bycc.

tis addictive :twisted:

lol thats why I avoid them
    easy to end up like djaggs and done yuh tyres :lol:
    but in all honestly I love the poorly attended BYCCS

yea boi.. i only make a few laps an when i reach home i find like the outer edges of my tyres lookin a just little bit worn and have some abrasions.. :oops:

so fas dex does eat yuh tyres out?

24. User avatar

pete

Jun 17th, 2010

Should see mine from the last solodex event!

Generally we run a much higher tyre pressure at solodex than we would on the street. Softer tires tend to roll a bit and the sidewall starts to get eaten up. On the street I run 28-30 psi and for solodex I take it up to 36-38.

Also, overly aggressive driving tends to wear tyres faster than clean lines. If you find you’re tyres are wearing too fast you need to look at where you’re going into corners too fast and understeering as I find that is what really chews the tyres.

25. User avatar

rjaggs

Jun 18th, 2010

pete wrote:

also trying to catch up to/keep up with d car in front is not a good idea…it leads to what u said

26. User avatar

wagonrunner

Jun 18th, 2010

rjaggs wrote:

as yuh say that. all well and good, to test your mettle a bit, and try to shorten the gap.
    but the drivers who seemingly thought they could could bumper the car in front of them out of their way, (almost as if in the same manner they drive on the roads), WTF was up with that?

27. User avatar

d spike

Jun 19th, 2010

rjaggs wrote:
    MG Man wrote:
    blacktriple_s wrote:
    this event was the first time i took my swift sport for a spin at a bycc.

tis addictive :twisted:

lol thats why I avoid them
    easy to end up like djaggs and done yuh tyres :lol:
    but in all honestly I love the poorly attended BYCCS

yuh gone back callin meh djaggs again… :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

28. User avatar

MadCrix

Jun 23rd, 2010

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
    It was good, felt like a real track practice day.

OMM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Image

Crix you might want to check that back tyre :|

tyre went flat, picked up a screw….. that why the back came around and the bumper decided to eat that cone lol

drove home on meh donut :(

29. User avatar

Rudman

Jun 23rd, 2010

EVOs have donuts??….. :shock:

30. User avatar

MadCrix

Jun 24th, 2010

yup all FU cars have donuts man.. the shiddy thing is

if u get a flat in front. the donut will not fit cause of the huge calipers. so i have to jack up the back. put the donut on that side, then jack up the front and put the back tire in front :(

31. User avatar

MG Man

Jun 24th, 2010

what a shiddy car

32. User avatar

Rudman

Jun 24th, 2010

Yea, dat is shiddy. I was really wondering how that donut would have cleared those Brembos.

33. User avatar

d spike

Jun 29th, 2010

MG Man wrote:
    what rubbish you saying?
    Everybody knows you supposed to remove the Brembo and then put on the spare
    sheesh

If the rotor is big enough… forget spare and drive on the rotor… :lol:

36. User avatar