Wednesday, November 26th, 2014

Solodex Tobago 2010

Posted By: NarendZORCE18/09/10No Comments;
Tags:, , , Photographers: NarendZORCE
Categories: Event Coverage, Solodex  Views: 3,520

Solodex Tobago 2010

‘Bagodex or Tobago Solodex was last held in 2008. The event brought all of the dexterity/defensive driving competition to the laid back landscape of our sister isle Tobago, with great success and a tremendous first showing from the Trinidadian competition. Having skipped 2009, ‘Bagodex 2010 was set to let Tobago’s best answer the call. After all entries were evaluated it was agreed that just four classes would be run – ES, SS, EP and EPR.

The SS class was the best subscribed with Vishnu Charran, Devi Nath and Reyos Seebaran trading top times of the day. Anthony Farah threatened to come close to their times and in the end was a half second away from third place in class. In the end Vishnu took the win with a 43-second time. The ES class proved to be a battle as well between Randell Thomas and Nicholas English. Despite having to revert to “plan B” i.e. his mom’s Nissan Tiida Randell Thomas would take the fastest time of ES for the day showing particularly good driving skill neatly sliding the car around the final hairpin cone.

The EP class was filled with cars that we don’t normally see, like Garth James’ Galant VR4, Jack Azar’s RWD RB26DETT Skyline, Bushan Tackoor’s homebuilt Impreza WRX and Larry Rampersadsingh’s hopped-up “Angry Lunchbox” Suzuki Ignis which came complete with roll cage and slick tires. In the end Larry took the win and the fastest official time of the day with a blistering 42.238 pass. The EPR class saw the lone Evo VII of Raoul Yates
posting the fastest Mitsubishi competition time of the day of 43.286. It was not enough to hold off rally aficionado Skene Howie who despite sharing his car for the day with Troy Small managed to lock in the fastest time in EPR – 42.911 seconds, less than a second off of the day’s top time.

After regular competition was over each class winner was entered into the final round to determine the overall ‘BagoDex 2010 Champion. Randell, Skene, Vishnu, and Larry were given the same car with a fresh set of tires. This year the Race of Champion car was the SR20VE-powered B14 Sentra of Reyos Seebaran shod with a fresh set of Pirellis. 2008 Champion Devi Nath was automatically entered into competition as well. After a short warmup lap each driver was given one hot lap and in the end Skene Howie took the win.

All in all ‘BagoDex 2010 was an amazing event and the challenge trophy was kept in Tobago. Our sister isle seems to be producing some serious driving talent as well and there was talk after the event of setting up a dedicated Tobago Solodex series of events. With two class winners and the overall Championship, they have got the Trinis on the run. By all accounts, everyone was eagerly looking forward to ‘BagoDex 2011.

<CARS>

Tobago Solodex 2010 Official Results

Photography by Miguel Granville and Celeste Hart

73 Responses to “Solodex Tobago 2010”

1. User avatar

MISHI

Sep 21st, 2010

what was the overall standings? where did I place?

2. User avatar

ingalook

Sep 21st, 2010

Vishnu I watch your runs boy… real nice and efficient… believe it or not my last run where I made the "Reyos corner" I was actually close to your run… I knew it felt fast, Larry told me it was looking good, and then I listen to Reyos

I’m sure it would have been at the very most a 44 sec run… that is, if I didn’t take Reyos’ advice on how to take a corner

Looking at the vid I just went into that corner way too hot… I was in the "zone" and the vtec was sounding nice I guess…

I am trying to get a program to do picture-in-picture so the SS men can compare their driving styles and see where we are gaining or loosing time and what is going on with our cars.

The Bago-dex course proved that it isn’t about power-to-weight… its more about suspension/brakes/tyres, driver skill, and lines

I looking forward to Dex 6 though… I coming hard… I’m a "come-from-behind" specialist :P

3. User avatar

mazdamaniac

Sep 21st, 2010

ingalook wrote:

The change of scenery actually seemed to work well for me this time.
    You guys really pressuring meh, ah cant afford tuh make ah slip.
    From the experience gained by all, Dex 6 looks to be quite the battle especially in SS,
    Will Darrell’s vtec push him to a second win?
    Will DE BEDFORD finally engage the VVL?
    Will X2 finally balance his honda hatch with the bag of cement to the right side?
    Will Devi finally learn his lesson and stay out of SS?
    Will we find DAVE?
    or will the crims shine through?
    It’s anyone,s guess

4. User avatar

DEVI

Sep 21st, 2010

lol….i have spoken to the cones and they will not tip come dex 6….therefore the Oxy will be first in SS on race day…beware de Oxy power! :)

5. User avatar

Ignorant Ignis

Sep 21st, 2010

DEVI wrote:

doh worry bout dex 6 …cause it wont count for you anyway.

try not tipping any cones in the shoot out and this could be your year :mrgreen:

6. User avatar

ingalook

Sep 21st, 2010

Poor Cone-Lall

He started out life like this:

Image

but ended up like this:

Image

WHY DEVI WHY?????

7. User avatar

Reyos

Sep 22nd, 2010

^^ Trying to get the results so that I can upload it……i’m waiting to see how close i was in SS as well.
    As soon as i get it i’ll post it.

8. User avatar

NLVA200

mazdamaniac wrote:
    blacktriple_s wrote:
    no vids of my virgin run? :oops:

What yuh mean run???? I couldnt tell if the swift was movin :oops: :oops: :evil:

:oops: oops:

thanks for the link.

i felt right at home competing against another slow car in ss :D

btw, ah have a headahce, yuh have any paracetamol?

9. User avatar

mazdamaniac

blacktriple_s wrote:
    mazdamaniac wrote:
    blacktriple_s wrote:
    no vids of my virgin run? :oops:

:oops: oops:

thanks for the link.

i felt right at home competing against another slow car in ss :D

btw, ah have a headahce, yuh have any paracetamol?

The cure might be worse than the sickness depending on the alcohol content :drinking:

10. User avatar

Reyos

blacktriple_s wrote:
    mazdamaniac wrote:
    blacktriple_s wrote:
    no vids of my virgin run? :oops:

:oops: oops:

thanks for the link.

i felt right at home competing against another slow car in ss :D

btw, ah have a headahce, yuh have any paracetamol?

you real brave boy!! :lol:

11. User avatar

wagonrunner

mazdamaniac wrote:
    blacktriple_s wrote:
    btw, ah have a headahce, yuh have any paracetamol?

we left plenty cans of it with reyos. so once the greedy bastard eh finish them off……………..
    swing by his home for dose. :lol:

12. User avatar

chris1388

Sep 22nd, 2010

these video men do the fastest car for the day a rell injustice boy lol….. haven’t seen one vid of any of the ignis’ runs yet

13. User avatar

mazdamaniac

chris1388 wrote:

It look like we anti-zuki, doesn’t it :? :roll: 8-)

14. User avatar

wagonrunner

chris1388 wrote:

*Clears throat*

SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

methinks he may not be around long enough to get this one. :lol:

15. User avatar

mazdamaniac

mazdamaniac wrote:
    chris1388 wrote:

It look like we anti-zuki, doesn’t it :? :roll: 8-)

and we are.

Look as zuki leadin by default

16. User avatar

ravi901

Sep 22nd, 2010

Nice vid. background music bess.

17. User avatar

ravi901

Sep 22nd, 2010

^^ oh yeah, i forget to mention, – the zuki leading bcuz he had Karl navigating with gps ;-)

18. User avatar

wagonrunner

ravi901 wrote:

and still i had to coax the bugger into taking certain corners.
    when he finally did it, on the downhill from speyside, Vishnu had already "tek we heself" :lol:

GPS is nice though. If it included elevation…………… :twisted:

19. User avatar

MISHI

Sep 22nd, 2010

AYE meh cyar is a styar!!!! LOL!!!

20. User avatar

NLVA200

Sep 23rd, 2010

wagonrunner wrote:
    ravi901 wrote:

and still i had to coax the bugger into taking certain corners.
    when he finally did it, on the downhill from speyside,
    Vishnu had already "tek we heself" :lol:

GPS is nice though. If it included elevation…………… :twisted:

:D :D :D
    that was too much fun. ah know it was hard for the subie to catch up so didn’t wanna use super pursuit mode.

if allyuh did tell meh karl wwas the type to ‘coax’ drivers , i woulda leh him ride shotgun a lot sooner :wink:
    after that island run though, i learnt a lot of what NOT to do with my car, well when he is co-driver anyway :lol: seems my tyres took a nice lil beating prior to dex.

nice background music there Vishnu. :twisted:

21. User avatar

mazdamaniac

Sep 23rd, 2010

Yeh, angie have some mad skills to time the video with the radio music playing inside the car

22. User avatar

wagonrunner

Sep 23rd, 2010

blacktriple_s wrote:
    seems my tyres took a nice lil beating prior to dex.

you and the sports up TS. :lol:
    allyuh hadda watch more initial D, improve the tire management. :lol: :lol:

23. User avatar

ingalook

Sep 25th, 2010

Hey guys I want to see the overall points standing in SS… cars website only shows the first 3 (I not there)

Link mih up somebody