On behalf of the organizers of the Arima Grand Prix, I wish to confirm that this Event has been cancelled. We regret that this is being indicated at this eleventh hour, but this is how the Authorities in this country deal with these major issues, and we then ask ourseves why we are so backward in comparison to countries like Barbados, and those even smaller than us.Full Story
Please click on the link below to read the weather bulletin and post replies
trinituner.com • View topic – The official tropical weather thread: image updates on pg 1.
Click here to see the latest satellite pictures and forecasts for the weather in T&T
trinituner.com • The official tropical weather thread
BarbadosToday.bb is reporting that “Barbados is getting ready to unveil a multi-million dollar motor racing venture that could change the face of sports tourism here and in the Eastern Caribbean.”Full Story
Jameer Ali and Robert Amar are inviting all interested persons to a meeting to give everyone an update as to what has taken place so far and what will happen in the coming weeks with regards to Wallerfield for racing and a drag racing and circuit racing track. Anyone can attend.Full Story
Advisory Notice: Churchill Roosevelt Highway 19.06.2010
via trinituner.com • View topic – Advisory Notice: Churchill Roosevelt Highway 19.06.2010.
Sammy’s Multilift Services Limited has being awarded the contract to lift, transport and install the 241 Metric Ton Aranquez Bridge across the Churchill Roosevelt Highway (CRH).
As a result the Churchill [...]
The tropical wave that was yesterday unsually far south and given a 60% chance of developing into a tropical cyclone in 48 hours has been downgraded to a 40% chance and the system has been moving WNW and out of the path of T&T but may still affect the Lesser [...]Full Story
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 PM EDT SUN JUN 13 2010
FOR THE NORTH ATLANTIC…CARIBBEAN SEA AND THE GULF OF MEXICO…
1. A LARGE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM LOCATED ABOUT 975 MILES WEST-SOUTHWEST
OF THE CAPE VERDE ISLANDS IS PRODUCING WIDESPREAD CLOUDINESS ALONG
WITH SOME SHOWERS AND [...]
Trinidad & Tobago Meteorological Service
09th June 2010
During the next 2 to 3 hours the foreleg of an active Tropical Wave is forecast to produce cloudy to overcast conditions accompanied by heavy showers and thundershowers over the islands, in particular Tobago.
The heavy showers and thundershowers are expected to produce signficant [...]
READ TOPIC – trinituner.com • View topic – Rain = Flood.
There is flooding on the Solomon Hochoy highway under the Chase Village Flyover. Motorists are advised to avoid this area unless absolutely necessary.
Flood bulletins have been issued by the MET Office and further flooding is expected in the Caroni basin.