Thursday, November 27th, 2014

- It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Jump to:  

Civic Ryder
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:31 am 
Riding on 13's

I have the 1996 Civic Vi (Multi Matic). The Engine Oil I am Using is Mobile 1 10W 30 and Transmission Oil I am Using is The Honda ATF Z1. The mileage is approx 130 000km. Is this Body engine oil OK and should I switch to the Honda CVT oil??????

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

SR
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:22 pm 
Chief Cook & Instigator

stick to the honda oem oil for the tranny

if the car is not cvt then u dont need to use the cvt oil

the 10w 30 is fine unless there is excessive wear and u are burnign oil between oil changes

3stagevtec
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:43 pm 
TriniTuner 24-7

the Honda Multi Matic is a CVT, and i high recommend using the new Honda CVT tranny fluid.. the Honda automatic tranny fluid is no longer rated for use in their CVTs... (just check the back of the bottle..)

silvyrsurfyr
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:52 am 
3NE 2NR for life

3stagevtec wrote:
the Honda Multi Matic is a CVT, and i high recommend using the new Honda CVT tranny fluid.. the Honda automatic tranny fluid is no longer rated for use in their CVTs... (just check the back of the bottle..)

where in trinidad can i buy HMMF(Honda multi matic fluid)? i have a honda fit and on the tranny dipstick thats the recommended oil

Dave
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:15 pm 
3NE 2NR Moderator

try car boutique, they had many original Honda oils a day ago

ek4ever
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:07 pm 
Riding on 18's

silvyrsurfyr wrote:
3stagevtec wrote:

where in trinidad can i buy HMMF(Honda multi matic fluid)? i have a honda fit and on the tranny dipstick thats the recommended oil

You can get Honda CVT Fluid at the following places:

Federal - Tarouba
Autonation - El Socorro
Chaguanas Auto Supplies
Garvin's - Long Circular Rd
Car boutique - St James
Faiz Auto - Marabella
SAS Racing - Cipero St, Sando

Honda makes a multi-matic specific fluid called HMMF ULtra. Have never seen this around. The CVT fluid is supposed to be HMMF equivalent, however, it should be noted that some multi matics used ATF-Z1. You need to refer to your owners manual to know the right fluid.

enigma
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:03 pm 
Sweet on this forum

ek4ever wrote:
silvyrsurfyr wrote:
3stagevtec wrote:

You can get Honda CVT Fluid at the following places:

Federal - Tarouba
Autonation - El Socorro
Chaguanas Auto Supplies
Garvin's - Long Circular Rd
Car boutique - St James
Faiz Auto - Marabella
SAS Racing - Cipero St, Sando

Honda makes a multi-matic specific fluid called HMMF ULtra. Have never seen this around. The CVT fluid is supposed to be HMMF equivalent, however, it should be noted that some multi matics used ATF-Z1. You need to refer to your owners manual to know the right fluid.

The mulimatic is CVT. It WILL NOT use the ATF-Z1. All the other info is correct.

CD4Accord
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:21 am 
Riding on 17's

Concerning oil.. Mobil 1 is a great choice if you don't mind the cost...

If you are looking for something marginally cheaper but still synthetic, I have had good luck with the Total 9000 and the Gulf Formula Synthetic.. Both of which can be had for between 200 and 220 for 4L

ek4ever
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:33 pm 
Riding on 18's

@enigma

Yes the multimatic is a CVT but it was released before the Honda CVT fluid was made available and those came from the factory with the ATF-Z1. Owners were required to replace the fluid with ATF-Z1 (M4VA transmission). When the CVT fluid was introduced Honda then specified CVT for the multimatic. Therefore some of the first multimatics specified ATF-Z1 for replacement fluid.

enigma
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:10 am 
Sweet on this forum

ek4ever wrote:
@enigma

Yes the multimatic is a CVT but it was released before the Honda CVT fluid was made available and those came from the factory with the ATF-Z1. Owners were required to replace the fluid with ATF-Z1 (M4VA transmission). When the CVT fluid was introduced Honda then specified CVT for the multimatic. Therefore some of the first multimatics specified ATF-Z1 for replacement fluid.

That is correct. But that happened that way for a reason. The ATF-Z1 was not compatible, which they realised afterwards. Hence the change.Hence my statement.

ray d saint
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:46 am 
I LUV THIS PLACE

Is there a shortage of the ATF-Z1 fluid?? i am from the east and places like "rev-tec, Maximum auto and Troy auto" are all out of that fluid... guess i will have to treck to Autonation.

Has any one tried the Valvoline Engine Oil in a honda?

insidious76
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:59 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

Wat about castrol 20/w50 with a slick 50?

CD4Accord
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:27 pm 
Riding on 17's

ATF-Z1 doesnt exsit anymore.. Honda replaced it with DW1
It is backward compatible so tha tis now what you will be buying

ray d saint
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:38 pm 
I LUV THIS PLACE

^^ Tks man....