Sunday, December 21st, 2014



- It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:05 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours


Jump to:  


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
adriano7910
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:53 pm 
Offline
Riding on 17's
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:38 pm
Posts: 1585
I did a search and the topic had no definite conclusion.
The car a a original local sir b16a5 auto. car pull healthy and only mods at a intake and exhaust.
The car performs as should to in vtec and pull healthy redlines at 7200rpm or thereabout but once it goes into fourth gear and or at 160kph is stays at 160 and wont accel more and has a constant rpm of 4k.

NB only tried this in d4
Car has 17" 205 40 17 tyres.

What i want to know. is this normal. is this a electronic speed governor. does it happen on all classic model auto sir's
Is there any difference between driving in d4 d3 2 or 1 as pertains to the top speed.
All input welcomed


Last edited by adriano7910 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
Top
 Profile  
 
adriano7910
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:28 pm 
Offline
Riding on 17's
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:38 pm
Posts: 1585
update. found out that local sir auto are limited to 160 in d4 as it is a more economical gearing ratio and d3 is the sport gear ratio


Top
 Profile  
 
ek4ever
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:41 pm 
Offline
Riding on 18's
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:51 am
Posts: 1740
Location: Spot of Pain
^^ Exactly. The problem is that the D4 gear ratio is too low .... good for fuel economy, not for performance. The B16A cannot overcome the final drive ratio and therefore is out of the VTEC powerband ... 5500 rpm +. A 5 speed auto would've been better.


Top
 Profile  
 
adriano7910
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:51 pm 
Offline
Riding on 17's
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:38 pm
Posts: 1585
ek4ever wrote:
^^ Exactly. The problem is that the D4 gear ratio is too low .... good for fuel economy, not for performance. The B16A cannot overcome the final drive ratio and therefore is out of the VTEC powerband ... 5500 rpm +. A 5 speed auto would've been better.

probably true. actually by logic it is true. but i got a chance at a incredible well maintained sir that wasnt for sale but only because of knowing a intermediate between us got the chance so i cldn't be picky


Top
 Profile  
 
bonestock
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:08 pm 
Offline
Street 2NR
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:08 am
Posts: 33
adriano7910 wrote:
ek4ever wrote:
^^ Exactly. The problem is that the D4 gear ratio is too low .... good for fuel economy, not for performance. The B16A cannot overcome the final drive ratio and therefore is out of the VTEC powerband ... 5500 rpm +. A 5 speed auto would've been better.

probably true. actually by logic it is true. but i got a chance at a incredible well maintained sir that wasnt for sale but only because of knowing a intermediate between us got the chance so i cldn't be picky

Get a knowledgeable B16A mechanic to port and polish your head and you will see it cross 160 in D4 :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
red_dragon
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:09 pm 
Offline
Riding on 16's
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:43 pm
Posts: 1254
^ how is a PP head gone over come a OD 4th gear ????


Top
 Profile  
 
bonestock
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:23 pm 
Offline
Street 2NR
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:08 am
Posts: 33
red_dragon wrote:
^ how is a PP head gone over come a OD 4th gear ????

ask my mech, my head was recently PP and with ease i reach to 170 without going into D3.
P.S. - i am bonestock, no intake nor exhaust work....PP is the only mod i have and a drop in K&N


Top
 Profile  
 
red_dragon
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:36 pm 
Offline
Riding on 16's
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:43 pm
Posts: 1254
hummm
very nice for you
I was stock manual with aem CAI and 200km in 4th gear ....


Top
 Profile  
 
bonestock
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:48 pm 
Offline
Street 2NR
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:08 am
Posts: 33
red_dragon wrote:
hummm
very nice for you
I was stock manual with aem CAI and 200km in 4th gear ....

nice!!! i could imagine how that used to run, a manual B16A is a totally different beast yes...


Top
 Profile  
 
adriano7910
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:11 pm 
Offline
Riding on 17's
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:38 pm
Posts: 1585
bonestock wrote:
adriano7910 wrote:
ek4ever wrote:
^^ Exactly. The problem is that the D4 gear ratio is too low .... good for fuel economy, not for performance. The B16A cannot overcome the final drive ratio and therefore is out of the VTEC powerband ... 5500 rpm +. A 5 speed auto would've been better.

probably true. actually by logic it is true. but i got a chance at a incredible well maintained sir that wasnt for sale but only because of knowing a intermediate between us got the chance so i cldn't be picky

Get a knowledgeable B16A mechanic to port and polish your head and you will see it cross 160 in D4 :wink:

very strange but cool


Top
 Profile  
 
JDM_GUY
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:14 pm 
Offline
Riding on 17's
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:39 pm
Posts: 1468
If you down size the rims to 15" (just as a test) it might cross that speed. Check me and we will put on my 15"and go for ah spin.


Top
 Profile  
 
adriano7910
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:39 pm 
Offline
Riding on 17's
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:38 pm
Posts: 1585
JDM_GUY wrote:
If you down size the rims to 15" (just as a test) it might cross that speed. Check me and we will put on my 15"and go for ah spin.

update in d3 the car pulls beyond the 160 mark. pulls to wat we know it suppose to go up to which is 180kph. but i'd love to see the diff the 15" make. so i'll take u up on that offer sometime.


Last edited by adriano7910 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
hudson
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:00 pm 
Offline
Riding on 13's

Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:25 pm
Posts: 8
Location: San fernando
I will say the thing about the 15 inch rims could be true since i went back to 15 from 17 my SIR goes up to 190km/hr in D4 also it is a totally different car when it comes to performance only mod i have is a cold air intake


Top
 Profile  
 
adriano7910
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:28 pm 
Offline
Riding on 17's
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:38 pm
Posts: 1585
well the honda manual says d4 should go to top speed and d3 should go to 178kph... soo ill have to try the 15"


Top
 Profile  
 
Zim
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:42 am 
Offline
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:33 pm
Posts: 6128
Location: Charlieville
^Yeah the 17s throwing u off, I easily pass 160 km/h on mine in D4. I barely run it beyond that tho :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
adriano7910
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:15 am 
Offline
Riding on 17's
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:38 pm
Posts: 1585
on 17's in d4 - reaches to 160 then changes gear with ease and then max since then (ran into traffic) 170kph

on 15's tried it once but ran it to traffic again. Felt the same though. Since then cannot try it again because my 15's tyres are shot to hell. Cant try that speed with those tires.


Top
 Profile  
 
Zim
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:30 am 
Offline
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:33 pm
Posts: 6128
Location: Charlieville
^Hmm, I see, well the previous owner rebuilt my tranny, so I dunno if my speed is normal, feels fine2 me, except 4th gear is really weak :(


Top
 Profile  
 
Zim
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:31 am 
Offline
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:33 pm
Posts: 6128
Location: Charlieville
I'd lose the 17s tho....


Top
 Profile  
 
adriano7910
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:23 am 
Offline
Riding on 17's
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:38 pm
Posts: 1585
Zim wrote:
I'd lose the 17s tho....


i would like to also but its real expensive 17's o.z superlegga 17x 7 '14lbs each' and new 205/40/17 dirrezza z101 and if i sell that ill be taking a heavy loss and to find ppl who wanna trade their 15x7j's with good tyres for 17 with tyres and pay the diff hard

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Zim
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:59 pm 
Offline
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:33 pm
Posts: 6128
Location: Charlieville
^ :lol: daz yuh ride? I cudda swear I saw it in Trincity on Saturday bro, looking good. Oh shucks, hmm, yea I feel u. Those are good wheels btw :)

Guess u might as well keep them then, if that's the case. How does the car pull otherwise? IMO, once it not lazy on lower speeds, u ok. I barely carry mine up 2 160 tho, so the lack of top end (170 km/h +) isn't a big issue for me.

Put in a gearbox yes, wah ah go tell yuh :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
adriano7910
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:53 pm 
Offline
Riding on 17's
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:38 pm
Posts: 1585
Zim wrote:
^ :lol: daz yuh ride? I cudda swear I saw it in Trincity on Saturday bro, looking good. Oh shucks, hmm, yea I feel u. Those are good wheels btw :)

Guess u might as well keep them then, if that's the case. How does the car pull otherwise? IMO, once it not lazy on lower speeds, u ok. I barely carry mine up 2 160 tho, so the lack of top end (170 km/h +) isn't a big issue for me.

Put in a gearbox yes, wah ah go tell yuh :lol:


Yea i was in trinicity on saturday.
Car pulls Very healthy low down. and it not really a issue of wanting to go to 220 its just the car is suppose to do it easily and if i know it isnt it will bother me.


Top
 Profile  
 
Zim
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:07 pm 
Offline
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:33 pm
Posts: 6128
Location: Charlieville
Nice, I knew I saw correct then :P
Oh, good to know, so does mine. Hmm, well thing is the previous owner of mine said before the rebuild it reached 220 easily. But I not fretting. I'm tempted 2 go manual, but unsure at the moment, as there are other things I want to sort out with the car.


Top
 Profile  
 
Novicecardude
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:27 pm 
Offline
Riding on 13's
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:40 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Curepe & Princes Town
Hey i have a B16A5 with auto transmission and it hits 220 on D4 and around 170 D3, original 15" rims.


Top
 Profile  
 
adriano7910
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:45 pm 
Offline
Riding on 17's
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:38 pm
Posts: 1585
would love to line it up against another stock auto ek4 and see what goes on


Top
 Profile  
 
shady23
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:00 am 
Offline
3NE2NR is my LIFE
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:09 pm
Posts: 740
Location: Vtecshire
Adrian you want to line it up against a manual one? Lol.


Top
 Profile  
 
adriano7910
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:20 am 
Offline
Riding on 17's
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:38 pm
Posts: 1585
if you want to launch from 3rd yea :lol:
i will have to sell it if i still get licks :|
when i do the manual conversion some time next year we will line them up.


Top
 Profile  
 
Zim
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:22 am 
Offline
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:33 pm
Posts: 6128
Location: Charlieville
Novicecardude wrote:
Hey i have a B16A5 with auto transmission and it hits 220 on D4 and around 170 D3, original 15" rims.

u serious? It not stock?


Top
 Profile  
 
red_dragon
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:06 pm 
Offline
Riding on 16's
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:43 pm
Posts: 1254
adriano7910 wrote:
if you want to launch from 3rd yea :lol:
i will have to sell it if i still get licks :|
when i do the manual conversion some time next year we will line them up.


:shock:

not a problem
Shady check me before the run .... :D :twisted:
if it is a 1-4th gear comparison . I in that also :skurry:


Top
 Profile  
 
r3iXmann
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:32 pm 
Offline
punchin NOS
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:56 am
Posts: 4608
Location: Straya, m8.
race ting going on dey? ah dey :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
red_dragon
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:52 pm 
Offline
Riding on 16's
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:43 pm
Posts: 1254
Dre: racin where ?

I was referring to gear comparison... and who can reach max gear first :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours


Who is online

Registered users: *KRONIK*, 1UZFE, amp.fanatic, Avion, Bacon, Big Z, biltrin, Bing [Bot], birdman323, brickman, castortroy, chosen1, coltspeed, computercentral, crazeedude, davidchristlike, dwaynedee, Dylz305, eel7, eg8, Google [Bot], gt357, Hoper, hunterz4life, jmccomie, Johnny007, JOSIE, kcgilll, kellerwan, kevon12, khriStian, konartis, luckeydude, maj. tom, marlo5, meeseeks, mero, mohan1, Morpheus, nemram, NewbornAJ, Nick24, NR8, onyx, optimus11, PACMAN JDM TUNED UNLTD., phat_trini, Project-JDM, qu1988, Rajesh R. Ramlochan, ramfab2000, razi, RB34, redrum, ron_28, rudeboy29, rusty_turbo, scarhgunner, shern, sonicevo7, Spitfir3, superstar313, Toyotajunkie, Yahoo [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
3NE-2NR