TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Adding key-less entry to non-power-lock EG8 Civic?

Fit, Civic, Integra, CR-V, Accord, Legend - Do NOT post FS or WTB here!!!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

jwisquitethefellow
Riding on 13's

Adding key-less entry to non-power-lock EG8 Civic?

Postby jwisquitethefellow » April 19th, 2012, 10:25 pm

Hey guys, I have a question. My EG8 Civic does not possess power locks (I have to lock each door manually) and I wish to add key-less entry via a Viper Alarm. Is it at all possible? Has anyone ever done this to their car? And if so, what was the cost? Thank you for taking the time to read my question 'tuners.

ruffnek
Trinituner Peong

Re: Adding key-less entry to non-power-lock EG8 Civic?

Postby ruffnek » April 20th, 2012, 8:14 am

normally eg's does come with it...if your master door lock control givin trouble, that could be the whole issue...you will just have to purchase 1 door lock actuator(universal) you will get that at any where that installs alarms...approx$150.00 each + 2 relays $40each if the rest of doors are not equipped with actuators you will have to buy 4....

btw

what kind of eg you have...does it have a tach? non powered windows? or exi, eti, sir, vti, that info will help us determine

questions welcomed here jwisquitethefellow

welcome to trinituner Honda forums

jwisquitethefellow
Riding on 13's

Re: Adding key-less entry to non-power-lock EG8 Civic?

Postby jwisquitethefellow » April 20th, 2012, 2:51 pm

It is an EG8. It has a tachometer and the windows are powered. It's just if I want to lock the doors I have to use the key or press the button on the door, for each door. The doors aren't connected to each other. As far as 'exi', 'eti', 'sir' etc. I have no clue. The head rest is connected by one post. I don't know if that'll help.

'if your master door lock control givin trouble..'- There is no control for that if I remember correctly. The control on the driver's side door only deals with the opening and closing of the windows.

Assuming the doors aren't connected to each other and there is no form of power-locking currently in the vehicle. Can you give me an estimate of how much it will cost,including labour, to add power-locks to the two doors or to all four?

And thank you for the welcome and the help ruffnek, it's reassuring to know that the Trinituner Honda sub-forum is friendly.

Advertisement

Return to “HONDA”