TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

D16w7 overheating problems!

Fit, Civic, Integra, CR-V, Accord, Legend - Do NOT post FS or WTB here!!!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

bonzo
Riding on 13's

D16w7 overheating problems!

Postby bonzo » February 12th, 2012, 5:39 pm

Can anyone help please? I have an es8 civic with a D16w7 engine. Lately i've noticed that when i'm running my ac the engine temperature rises. I also have been losing coolant from the radiator & the overflow bottle keeps filling up. I changed the radiator cover, the thermostat & the fans are coming on & off as they should. I also checked for leaks & found none. I also haven't seen any signs of water in the oil. Can anyone suggest what might be my problem here?

ruffnek
Trinituner Peong

Re: D16w7 overheating problems!

Postby ruffnek » February 13th, 2012, 9:41 am

open the radiator when the car is cold, top up the radiatior,start engine....if bubbles flowing consistently, yea the head gasket is blown....that's compression leaking onto the water passage.

bonzo
Riding on 13's

Postby bonzo » March 30th, 2012, 9:21 pm

Most likely it's your head gasket. I have the same type of engine & i recently changed mine because of the same symptoms & now i have no problems.

vtec-ghost
3NE 2NR for life

Postby vtec-ghost » April 6th, 2012, 5:50 pm

it most likely is the head gasket. I had the same issue with my d15z4 and it was the gasket. The overflow would fill up and then when the car cooled down all the coolant was drained from it. There was no sign of water in the oil and no while smoke emission really. But the bubbles test is a sure way to know. Get it checked asap before your head gets warped/cracked

Advertisement

Return to “HONDA”