TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Need a good Honda Transmission person

Fit, Civic, Integra, CR-V, Accord, Legend - Do NOT post FS or WTB here!!!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

prutoonkman
Street 2NR

Need a good Honda Transmission person

Postby prutoonkman » May 27th, 2012, 5:14 pm

My Honda Stream (5 speed tiptronic electronic transmission) started just revving off when the gear supposed to change and the engine light came on while driving home. I stopped and used my pocket OBD II tool and got a shift error. I drove home but had to do so slowly and parked up as the reverse was working. Yesterday, I took off the three solenoids (one and a twin) just under the throttle body hose on the transmission and checked them. They all worked when I powered them. I then changed the transmission oil with the Honda ATF-Z1 oil after which I tested the car only to find out that this did not solve the problem at all.
As a result I would like to know where in the East I can find a good Honda transmission person that can rebuild it. I live in Arouca and depend heavily on my car. Using a foreign-used transmission crossed my head but I would prefer rebuilding since I can also run through everything in the transmission with the mechanic. I would also like to know the average associated cost.

red_dragon
Riding on 16's

Re: Need a good Honda Transmission person

Postby red_dragon » May 27th, 2012, 5:33 pm

FU dependin on D17 or k20 will be cheaper.. once u start to open trans is $5K +

prutoonkman
Street 2NR

Re: Need a good Honda Transmission person

Postby prutoonkman » June 4th, 2012, 8:19 am

Got a foreign used one last Friday at 1.00 pm and it was installed and car was ready for use on Friday around 5.00 pm. So far it is working good. The transmission was for a K20A engine, case MRPA which is five speed tiptronic.

Advertisement

Return to “HONDA”