TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Honda Fit Transmission Problems

Fit, Civic, Integra, CR-V, Accord, Legend - Do NOT post FS or WTB here!!!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

GreenDoor
Riding on 13's

Honda Fit Transmission Problems

Postby GreenDoor » July 10th, 2012, 10:28 pm

Would appreciate assistance. Recently brought a Local 2002 Honda Fit and am having following issues with transm:
Seems to over rev sometime - say 3000/4000 rpm at 80/100k
other times work well - 2000 rpm at 80/100k
also - sometimes over rev at low speed or feeling sudden gear change
others feels like car rocking back and forth - seems to be shifting gears.
What I know - 2 engine mounts need changing, told there is a small trans leak - 2 axel seals, but not seeing any when parked. Previous owner seems to overfill trans oil - Honda oil used.
1st time Honda, car handles well, would like to keep

GeneralHonda
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Honda Fit Transmission Problems

Postby GeneralHonda » July 12th, 2012, 2:23 pm

That is not sounding too right and maybe you need to get some professional advice on that. Jenton in Aranguez (transmission people) may be of assistance to do an assessment of what the issue(s) may be and what cost may be involved.

Otherwise the fit is a great little ride - zippy and an ease to park, handles well etc. - and good on gas.

GreenDoor
Riding on 13's

Postby GreenDoor » July 12th, 2012, 9:51 pm

Tks, was begining to think I stump all people on Tuner, am 1st time Honda owner and ur rigt-it does handle very well for small car.
I drove a Laurel HC35 before this.
Got one of the mounts changed today - left side - transm. side and it is working much better.
Over reved only once from PTown to Couva, did 120k at 3000 rpm
read an online site that says eng mounts can be a factor like what i am seeing. so gonna get the next one changed tomorrow - will really try to get to Jenton tomorrow or Sat.

GeneralHonda
3NE 2NR for life

Postby GeneralHonda » July 12th, 2012, 11:06 pm

Jenton did some work on 3 company vehicles and one was a honda CR-V which the daughter of the boss total messed up. The CR-V worked fine after Jenton did the rebuild so I hope they work out just as well for you.
Once the engine mounts are changed, the vibration should stop.
Also, when you change the engine oil, use a good synthetic oil (good for 10,000 kms or 6 months based on which comes first). Classic I see uses Chevron. Check and see if the tranny fluid needs changing also since it may be a factor if it is old or the new was mixed with old. A complete flush of it and the filling of new might be a good idea (Jenton will advise). If the Fit is CVT (I know later models are) it should run smooth and you should not feel any sort of gear change or any kick for that matter since the engine will make a whizzing noise.

GreenDoor
Riding on 13's

Postby GreenDoor » July 13th, 2012, 1:33 am

Will do - Tks much
Think the car also needs eng oil change, filters, etc
will update on progress, so others with similr iss can kn

Advertisement

Return to “HONDA”