TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

2015 Honda Civic Type R

Fit, Civic, Integra, CR-V, Accord, Legend - Do NOT post FS or WTB here!!!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Gx7
Riding on 16's

Re: New Honda Civic Type R Approved

Postby Gx7 » July 27th, 2012, 3:19 pm

Is wetting ^^^ lemme stay quiet b4 ah get ah ban ..........

shady23
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby shady23 » July 27th, 2012, 3:52 pm

AWD > RWD > FWD.

Time for Honda to step up. Is only so long they could continue with the "ah keep up wid him till 3rd gear" mentality :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dirty Face
punchin NOS

Postby Dirty Face » July 28th, 2012, 3:05 pm

^^^^ actually 3rd gear is the honda gear, if an Awd/Rwd hasnt beat us on the launch and were in front still at 3rd, when are they gonna catch us?

Also, just so you know, RWD>AWD in any standing race eh....

shady23
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby shady23 » July 28th, 2012, 5:57 pm

Dirty Face wrote:^^^^ actually 3rd gear is the honda gear, if an Awd/Rwd hasnt beat us on the launch and were in front still at 3rd, when are they gonna catch us?

Also, just so you know, RWD>AWD in any standing race eh....

Yes I know 3rd is the word, but that is only if you racing another n/a pleb. Face it, you have to have some heavy machinery under your hood to take down anything running more than stock boost.

And I wasn't talking about drag racing only, therefore AWD>RWD>FWD still.

Dirty Face
punchin NOS

Postby Dirty Face » July 28th, 2012, 6:36 pm

^^^ but if the other person running "more than stock boost" then how fair is it that I be stock? Is that even in your mind?

To add, you went from comparing drivetrains to now comparing methods via which the vehicle makes its power. Even though I realise that apples and oranges are in fact different fruits, I'll entertain your non cohesive comparison. My response to it is SHOW ME the AWD car/engine combination that if I were to slap the same manufacturers stock turbo and run the same stock boost that it were running on my Honda would outperform me...... Drag it wouldn't stand a chance and even in circuit/road with all my understeer I'd be so far ahead in the straights that it would be a perennial game of catch up....

r3iXmann
punchin NOS

Postby r3iXmann » July 28th, 2012, 8:11 pm

Dirty Face wrote:^^^ but if the other person running "more than stock boost" then how fair is it that I be stock? Is that even in your mind?

To add, you went from comparing drivetrains to now comparing methods via which the vehicle makes its power. Even though I realise that apples and oranges are in fact different fruits, I'll entertain your non cohesive comparison. My response to it is SHOW ME the AWD car/engine combination that if I were to slap the same manufacturers stock turbo and run the same stock boost that it were running on my Honda would outperform me...... Drag it wouldn't stand a chance and even in circuit/road with all my understeer I'd be so far ahead in the straights that it would be a perennial game of catch up....

errm. Honda axles indestructible? :lol: :lol: :lol:

shady23
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby shady23 » July 28th, 2012, 11:01 pm

Dirty Face wrote:^^^ but if the other person running "more than stock boost" then how fair is it that I be stock? Is that even in your mind?

You seriously think that if your car had more power, that you could run with a AWD or RWD on a circuit? You ever drive an AWD car before? And even if it weren't a circuit, you ever try launching a high powered FWD car on a drag strip? You honestly think you could leave a AWD or RWD car off the line in a drag? The whole point of a race is to reach to the finish line before the next guy, in other words, to be faster, if you want to be stuck in 15sec bracket and console yourself with the fact that your car has better design and engine technology, fix up.

jussblaze
Street 2NR

Postby jussblaze » July 29th, 2012, 7:07 pm

not attractive

Dirty Face
punchin NOS

Postby Dirty Face » July 30th, 2012, 2:33 pm

shady23 wrote:

You seriously think that if your car had more power, that you could run with a AWD or RWD on a circuit? You ever drive an AWD car before? And even if it weren't a circuit, you ever try launching a high powered FWD car on a drag strip? You honestly think you could leave a AWD or RWD car off the line in a drag? The whole point of a race is to reach to the finish line before the next guy, in other words, to be faster, if you want to be stuck in 15sec bracket and console yourself with the fact that your car has better design and engine technology, fix up.

^^ No, ive never tried any of those things,I could only dream of having a high hp FWD much less launching it on a drag strip (wait, have YOU ever tried launching a high hp FWD on a drag strip..?) but anyway all the cars I have driven are slow I just got started in this speed thing and now trying to understand how it works. Luckily for me; Im only dissecting your argument on YOUR words, I dont need a car to do that...

I dont think I could leave an AWD/RWD off the line,I never said I could, but I think by the end of the quarter I got him though.., I mean we are still saying that is the EQUAL turbo running and EQUAL amount of boost as they do from the factory right? And again in the circuit all I said is that youd be playing catch up in the straights.

Actually come to think of it I have NEVER been beaten by an AWD car on the street... RWD yes but no AWD. But I digress, to summarize, Ill just quote you:

MY CAR HAS BETTER DESIGN AND ENGINE TECHNOLOGY.

COROLLA KID
Riding on 16's

Postby COROLLA KID » July 30th, 2012, 3:59 pm

wonder if there's a Euro and JDM versions like the last one's did.....this one sure looks Euro 2me

Samiir_Tuner
Sweet on this forum

Postby Samiir_Tuner » July 30th, 2012, 6:37 pm

high hp FWD hondas sleeping on the line is a thing of the past..my car makes over 550whp but yet still ive ran 2 wrx's and off the line i got them..its called tuning

Dirty Face
punchin NOS

Postby Dirty Face » July 30th, 2012, 7:12 pm

^^^ WHATT!! You beat an AWD off the line with your FWD!!! You lie!!! :mrgreen:

Samiir_Tuner
Sweet on this forum

Postby Samiir_Tuner » July 30th, 2012, 8:41 pm

lol ill be honest, the wrx could have launched harder but he still slipped the clutch nicely and pulled off but i grabbed second so fast that he had no chance

shady23
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby shady23 » July 30th, 2012, 11:55 pm

Dirty Face,

shady23 wrote:Yes I know 3rd is the word, but that is only if you racing another n/a pleb. Face it, you have to have some heavy machinery under your hood to take down anything running more than stock boost.

And I wasn't talking about drag racing only, therefore AWD>RWD>FWD still.

Samiir_Tuner wrote:high hp FWD hondas sleeping on the line is a thing of the past..my car makes over 550whp but yet still ive ran 2 wrx's and off the line i got them..its called tuning

End of story.

Samiir_Tuner,

What's your best time over there meng?

Dirty Face
punchin NOS

Postby Dirty Face » July 31st, 2012, 12:18 am

^^ Shady, sorry thought I responded to this already, actually 3 posts ago, but maybe you only peruse and not read....

Dirty Face wrote:^^^ but if the other person running "more than stock boost" then how fair is it that I be stock? Is that even in your mind............ My response to it is SHOW ME the AWD car/engine combination that if I were to slap the same manufacturers stock turbo and run the same stock boost that it were running on my Honda would outperform me.......

Still waiting on even a suggestion of which awd car could do this....

shady23
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby shady23 » July 31st, 2012, 2:58 am

Dirty Face wrote:^^ Shady, sorry thought I responded to this already, actually 3 posts ago, but maybe you only peruse and not read....

Dirty Face wrote:^^^ but if the other person running "more than stock boost" then how fair is it that I be stock? Is that even in your mind............ My response to it is SHOW ME the AWD car/engine combination that if I were to slap the same manufacturers stock turbo and run the same stock boost that it were running on my Honda would outperform me.......

Since you seem to be a Honda noob, let me educate you.

First of all, you.cannot.slap.the.same.manufacturers.stock.turbo.and.run.the.same.stock.boost.on.your.honda.engine.because.you.will.blow.it.the.fcuk.up.

Do you understand that? Do you honestly think you can slap on a stock STI turbo onto your Honda engine and run 14psi boost and OUTPERFORM that said STI? Do you think you can do the same with an Evo and hope to outperform it? What about a GTR? Are you that naiive that you believe all you need to do to compete with full fledged sports cars, is to add more power to your econo-box? Seriously?

You know what, I just realised I'm trying to reason with someone who believes FWD>AWD. That alone should have raised a flag. This discussion is over.

honda hoe
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby honda hoe » July 31st, 2012, 8:51 am

ladies ladies :lol:

the type r is in a different class to evos/stis

with enough mods/money u can make ANYTHING fast

the new type r is still sh!t tho :lol: :lol:

and this is comparing it to its predecessors.. not to differently classed vehicles

adriano7910
Riding on 17's

Postby adriano7910 » July 31st, 2012, 8:58 am

honda hoe wrote:ladies ladies :lol:

the type r is in a different class to evos/stis

with enough mods/money u can make ANYTHING fast

the new type r is still sh!t tho :lol: :lol:

and this is comparing it to its predecessors.. not to differently classed vehicles

:lol: :lol: :lol: at least i didnt have to say it

r3iXmann
punchin NOS

Postby r3iXmann » July 31st, 2012, 9:30 am

honda hoe wrote:ladies ladies

honda hoe

:shock:

Dirty Face
punchin NOS

Postby Dirty Face » July 31st, 2012, 3:20 pm

shady23 wrote:
Dirty Face wrote:^^ Shady, sorry thought I responded to this already, actually 3 posts ago, but maybe you only peruse and not read....

Since you seem to be a Honda noob, let me educate you.

First of all, you.cannot.slap.the.same.manufacturers.stock.turbo.and.run.the.same.stock.boost.on.your.honda.engine.because.you.will.blow.it.the.fcuk.up.

Do you understand that? Do you honestly think you can slap on a stock STI turbo onto your Honda engine and run 14psi boost and OUTPERFORM that said STI? Do you think you can do the same with an Evo and hope to outperform it? What about a GTR? Are you that naiive that you believe all you need to do to compete with full fledged sports cars, is to add more power to your econo-box? Seriously?

You know what, I just realised I'm trying to reason with someone who believes FWD>AWD. That alone should have raised a flag. This discussion is over.

Dear Shady,

Allow me to iterate :

1) You cant bring a gt-r into the conversation, thats a SIX cylinder... (apples and oranges remember those?)

2) You just realise that youre trying to reason with someone who believes that fwd>awd and THATS your reason for ending this discussion? It took you FOUR posts to realise that? And you think FWD cars are SLOW huh... that was some QUICK thinking there bud..

3) I thank you for acknowledging my Honda noob status, lets get back to apples and oranges; you now seem to be making a real comparison where you actually name some cars. Let me CONFIRM that I STILL do honestly KNOW I can slap the same sti/evo manufacturers turbo and run well not 14 but EXACTLY 10.8 PSI (the limit of the stock honda map sensor) on my Honda and certainly beat the socks off those cars you named even with the 3.2 psi loss....

4) Yes Honda are econoboxes, glad you said that, because it allows me to highlight the fact of how much cheaper it is for my Honda to be fast. To begin with the price of my used/new Honda ITSELF is certainly way cheaper than your new/used sti/evo and because of the cheap availability of Honda parts I can buy a Honda and put it in the 11's for less than 20K, the 10's for less than 30K, and the 9's for less than 60K... and still have tens of thousands from you buying your evo/sti..

Oh yeah and my car will STILL have better design and engine technology dont want to forget that.
Cheers :drinking:

honda hoe
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby honda hoe » July 31st, 2012, 3:41 pm

Dirty Face wrote:because of the cheap availability of Honda parts I can buy a Honda and put it in the 11's for less than 20K, the 10's for less than 30K, and the 9's for less than 60K...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

r3iXmann
punchin NOS

Postby r3iXmann » July 31st, 2012, 4:05 pm

honda hoe wrote:
Dirty Face wrote:because of the cheap availability of Honda parts I can buy a Honda and put it in the 11's for less than 20K, the 10's for less than 30K, and the 9's for less than 60K...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i thought d man was serious until he post that yes

allyuh real wild :lol: :lol:

red_dragon
Riding on 16's

Postby red_dragon » July 31st, 2012, 4:36 pm

:D congrats on Drity face and his 11sec civic

The man did better than Aboude , Greg and other top honda men... all these men waste money

60k for a 9sec honda hummm....Reix check me ..... 9 sec FTW

Dirty Face
punchin NOS

Postby Dirty Face » July 31st, 2012, 8:28 pm

^^^ Actually I have done better than Aboud and Greg and all the "top honda men"
To R3ximann and red dragon, you'll I expect better from, I know Shady doesnt know better so ive been stringing him along, but youll have been around long enough I thought to be believers in what I post in the HONDA forum, well at least I thought so. Thus Ive thrown the humility card out the window so let me say stop the noob pretending; X2 is probably the only Honda guy who's opinion on TECH I would even consider,and even he seems to be less involved than he was at one time. Barring that THERE IS NO ONE ON THIS BOARD THATS MORE INTO THE HONDA GAME THAN I, no one that has run more high hp hondas, no one whos more up to date on emerging tech, no one whos done more builds, played with more setups and had been doing it for so long, no one that was running low 12's way back in 1998 in a STREET honda, but words are just words so lets talk proof

Just put a civic hatch into the 11's (11.7 with a horrible 60 ft on purpose because its the STOCK axles) and the TOTAL aftermarket/parts cost was less than 3K US (20K). TO VERIFY this feel free to ask GARY YEO (I believe he is well known, trinituner name YEO) if you wish, in fact you can get a detailed build we were discussing doing a write up even....

For $1500 US more (10K) id hit high 10's (low 10's if I want to use c16 or an equivalent) and for 40 K more (6500 US) there there is no question ill break out of the 10/s , my biggest single cost would be passing cert. and which would involve getting a 8.5 roll cage, fortunately in Trinidad you dont need that...

I dont understand how yall think 60 k( approx 10 K US) isnt enough to get into the high 9's, you do realise that men are running 9's on NON SLEEVED blocks now right.. ? The hardest part is getting the short track down, something which boost by gear tuning has made much more seamless...

The ones to be laughed at are the guys who spending hundreds of thousands to hit 10's, in fact send them my way to source advice and parts, I could use the free money...

red_dragon
Riding on 16's

Postby red_dragon » July 31st, 2012, 9:12 pm

^ nice
Nice work

wait

Bro

That was not done locally

Put that same 11 sec car on CamDead Track and see what happens

Dirty Face
punchin NOS

Postby Dirty Face » July 31st, 2012, 10:00 pm

^^ hey, never said it was local,thought everyone knew I lived in America. In fact Ive never driven on camden and to be fair from the vids ive seen I dont know how people do it with high hp cars; I see DIPS in the pave and with a DEAD STRAIGHT PERFECT track I struggle for control, cant fathom what would happen if I hypothetically hit a dip in say 3rd where the BB gear ends and 32 psi in an S372 starts :(

The 11's though even with Camden are probably still doable locally for under 20K, only takes about 350 WHp and good driving in a Hatch to run 11's and with such small HP itll be less risky A la dips etc

P.S. If you look at any tech I have ever posted it has always been in an effort to be helpful and let others gain from what I learned the hard , and costly, way. Any budding Honda go-fasters Im available for advice/parts discussion for real, no charge, no premium just want to see you guys do well and not break the bank; things arent what they used to be, honda stuff is so plentiful and cheap now especially if youre willing to buy used...

Cheers

COROLLA KID
Riding on 16's

Postby COROLLA KID » August 5th, 2012, 1:36 pm

hey look Honda's already using it in the BTCC

red_dragon
Riding on 16's

Postby red_dragon » August 5th, 2012, 7:14 pm

was bored
^ specs for car above
TECH SPEC

Vehicle Type: Honda Civic 5 Door built to S2000 regulations with NGTC turbo assisted engine

Chassis: Standard Honda Civic shell, modified with a purpose built roll cage

Engine Type: Honda Civic Type R Turbo charged by Neil Brown Engineering

Displacement: 2 Litres

Intake System: Turbo Charged

Valve Train: Twin Overhead Camshaft 16 valve

Power Output: 300+

Torque: 300+Nm

Estimated top speed: 150mph

Transmission: XTrac Six speed sequential

Clutch: AP Racing Carbon

Battery: Yuasa

SUSPENSION

Front suspension: Honda Civic Type R with Eibach springs and Ohlins Dampers

Rear suspension: Twist beam designed and manufactured by Team Dynamics Motorsport

BRAKES

Front brakes: AP Brakes and Callipers

Rear brakes: AP Brakes and Callipers

WHEELS & TYRES

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 light alloy race wheels with Dunlop tyres

TEAM WEBSITE

www.honda.co.uk/cars/btcc

kes_vtec
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kes_vtec » August 6th, 2012, 7:47 pm

why would you what to drive a honda for just 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10 sec, i duh now...

Dirty Face
punchin NOS

Postby Dirty Face » August 7th, 2012, 8:12 pm

^^ Agreed, but as you know setup for drag and setup for track are so different that you only get to choose one per car generally. In my case,back in the days there were no tracks, no SCCA, only road race and that usually meant drag and I started as a teenager, now after 15 years of doing one, it hard to switch to the other... in fact circuit etc looks so much more fun I wish I started in that instead

Advertisement

Return to “HONDA”