TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Fluctuating gauge and power loss

Fit, Civic, Integra, CR-V, Accord, Legend - Do NOT post FS or WTB here!!!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

mellod
3NE 2NR for life

Fluctuating gauge and power loss

Postby mellod » March 25th, 2014, 1:44 pm

hey guys need some help here.

bought an integra Sir-G about a month ago. I noticed the car would drive for 9 miles without getting up to normal temp. when i investigated it didnt have a thermostat so i put one on. After this when we restarted the car the rev stayed at 2000rpm and when it got hot the rev came down but jumped between 1000 and 1500 back and forth, we bled the system. what i did notice though is that afterwards on one occation when i got home from the same trip my gauge was normal but when i switched off the coolant was boiling in the reservior. i bled the system again and it has not happened since. however since i bled the system the car takes the same length of time to get hot and when the gauge starts to rise from cold it moves back and forth for a little before it stabilizes and when it does pass the first line after cold it goes up till about 1/3 of the gauge. it goes back down a lil lower and back up again after a lil while. what i did notice is when i am off the throttle like going down hill the gauge goes back down when i'm on flat at cruising at 30 or 40mph it stabilizes at the 1/3 mark or sometimes goes down and when i'm doing up hills for about 30sec to a min it goes back up and sometime goes passed the 1/3 gauge to about 3/8 gauge and when it gets there the car power goes down quite a bit. need some help on this.

thanks

mellod
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Fluctuating gauge and power loss

Postby mellod » April 4th, 2014, 2:12 pm

what parts apart from the ECT sensor can cause a drop in power when temperature changes

Advertisement

Return to “HONDA”