TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Wtk:d15b cvt problem

Fit, Civic, Integra, CR-V, Accord, Legend - Do NOT post FS or WTB here!!!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Wtk:d15b cvt problem

Postby supercharged turbo » May 6th, 2014, 5:43 pm

Hey guys looking for some advice.Any help would be appreciated.

The situation:Last friday i went to drop a friend home.As i was reversing from his yard,the tranny sump caught in the gate track and developed a crack(took out part of his track) causing the oil to leak out.Oil was so black,we couldn't tell if it was the engine sump or transmission until we actually looked under the car.I ended up leaving the car by him and the next day i replaced the sump,filter and fluid.

The problem:Since the incident,sometimes when I'm driving and the oil gets got,it slips.The 1st time it slipped was saturday and it was very noticeable.I had to rev the engine and then it would just shoot off.Even when i was driving and momentarily removed my foot from the x,it still had a huge slip.Today now,i noticed the slip but it was nothing much if any at all.If I accelerated slowly then mash the x hard,you wouldn't feel a slip.Sunday and yesterday had alot of spirited driving,which allowed the oil to get hot but i felt no slip at all.

My question is,would a transmission oil cooler help?.I'm aware that the tranny might need changing but for the while can the cooler help?
Attachments
1399412583523.jpg

Advertisement

Return to “HONDA”