TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Honda VTEC Turbo engines announced in Detroit

Fit, Civic, Integra, CR-V, Accord, Legend - Do NOT post FS or WTB here!!!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Honda VTEC Turbo engines announced in Detroit

Postby SRASC » January 13th, 2015, 4:07 pm

Honda has used the North American International Auto Show to announce plans to offer a variety of new models and engines.

First and foremost, Honda will introduce a new range of four-cylinder VTEC Turbo engines by the end of year. Little is known about them but the company says they are an extension of their Earth Dreams engine lineup and will deliver "fun-to-drive performance while supporting fuel efficiency at a very high level."

The engines will go into production later this year and be built at the company's plant in Anna, Ohio.

Honda also announced plans to introduce several "next-generation advanced powertrain vehicles that will leverage new Honda Earth Dreams Technology powertrains" by 2018. That's a little vague but the company says we can expect an all-new battery-electric vehicle, an all-new plug-in hybrid and a number of new hybrids that use the company's two- and three-motor hybrid systems.

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Honda VTEC Turbo engines announced in Detroit

Postby SRASC » April 1st, 2015, 5:33 pm

GeneralHonda
3NE 2NR for life

Postby GeneralHonda » April 2nd, 2015, 5:57 pm

I was watching the vid. They say it will be a 1.5L Turbo. I can't wait to see the output figures. I wonder what will come to our shores and what the engine size(s) will be.

Joey420
Riding on 13's

Postby Joey420 » April 27th, 2015, 12:53 pm

Honda already made a 4 cylinder turbo motor a while back in the older civic or honda cities I forget what car it was but they already had one out :)

Joey420
Riding on 13's

Postby Joey420 » April 27th, 2015, 12:53 pm

It's either from the late 70's or the 80's

Advertisement

Return to “HONDA”