Forums

PLEH!!! Technical assistance required!!

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Corollaman
3NE2NR is my LIFE

PLEH!!! Technical assistance required!!

Postby Corollaman » January 6th, 2005, 9:45 pm

Last night I was driving downthe highway and trying to open the 5A out to see what she could really do.

I maintained the rpms at about ah 5000 or so for quite a while. Then, suddenly, no response....... :shock: The engine died down and eventually the car shut off. AH get ah lil tow home thank god. PBF1940, ah thought ah kill it dread ah nearly cry..........

Anyway, the engine was tumbling good so i checked fuel. The filter was empty :(

I checked the fuel pump fuse and it was good, the pump was recieving 11.few volts which is okay. I ran a direct to the battery thru an ammeter and although the pump ran, it pulled only about 2.5A and definitely did not bring the fuel pressure up to specs.

It seems i need a new fuel pump. This one was foreign used. I did some reading and saw that people advised against using used pumps because of the seals shrinking and getting hard when the pump gets wet with gas and then dries out.

Anybody here has good experiences with foreign used pumps?? Was I unlucky and got a bogus pump or should i invest in a new one??

Also, the car park up home, not by my mechanic. I need to drop the tank to change the pump. (modified gas tank nah, no access thru back seat). It looks simple enough to do at home. Any gurus out there willing to lend a hand??? Will pay in beers and food 8)

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated :!: :!: 8)

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » January 7th, 2005, 12:55 am

Well so far I've had a used pump for about 3 months now when I did my engine change and no Problems so far (knock on wood) I guess with any used electrical component, you will have to expect this, but I believe that there are good ones and bad ones sold. I plan to buy 1 or 2 more and keep them on the side just in case...

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » January 7th, 2005, 3:14 pm

LOL @ PLEH... :D :D :D :D

Allyuh iz kicks yes...

Anyway good luck.

pbf1940
3NE 2NR for life

Postby pbf1940 » January 7th, 2005, 3:55 pm

I HAVE A USED INTERNAL THAT I PAID 150 FOR FROM POYEAH IN THE BOO
GIMME A BILL IF U CANT FIND ONE CHEAPER.....

But my real suggestion would be to go with an external pump hoss yuh cyar go wrong and no more tank dropping I have a performance one valued at 1050 but ah aint parting with it until mu current external fails

either way waay your options bruh!

Dragist
punchin NOS

Postby Dragist » January 7th, 2005, 8:47 pm

^^^ Some Good advice there just make sure that if you get a external pumu you know if it Pushes or pulls so that you can locate it in the Correct place i.e Trunk or engine Bay

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”