Forums

Suspension adjustment(Lowering)

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Rah
3NE 2NR for life

Suspension adjustment(Lowering)

Postby Rah » January 24th, 2005, 10:36 am

hey i have a friend with a galant from singapore. Car came lowered. The cambers when tested are really off. They are : Front -1.2 and -1.3
Rear : -1.7 and -2.1 Despite this the alignment is good. Hes been worried about the tires cutting, hes had the car for about 7 mths and so far tires are still holdin up. What is strange to me is that the tires dont seem to reflect those camber angles, you can see them turning in a little on the right rear side but all the rest(especially) the front seem good. Anyway hes considering raising the car but most mechanics dont seem to have a clue about this. Any recommendations ? I have been tellin him not to trouble it because the car seems to have been configured by an expert. The front uses 215 50 series and the back uses 215 45 series, drop is really perfect looking, very balanced. Hes having some problems with humps however and would like to raise it an inch. Anybody got any suggestions who to try ?

Rx
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Rx » January 26th, 2005, 10:35 pm

Yeah........doh raise the car.............. :!:

seriously,you can try the original dampers and springs.........

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » January 26th, 2005, 10:45 pm

but yuh the difference in profiles in the rear and front?? if its the same size of rims wont this offset the car? seems to make the front raise more dan the back?

Rah
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Rah » January 27th, 2005, 11:22 pm

Well the front kit( bumper) is lower than the back so i believe the difference in profiles was done to accomodate this. Still confused about the cambers though. I know some ppl use rubbers etc instead of a kit to fix c amber. Not sure how this works and if this would still resultw in bad camber angles but actual good tire placement. If this is possible then this could xplain the car.

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”