Forums

WTK: NZE Corolla

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

oSaRi.
Street 2NR

Postby oSaRi. » March 23rd, 2012, 6:17 am

What are the different types of NZE Toyota Corolla (eg LE, GLI, GLX, X-LTD etc)
What exactly are the features of each type?
I'm getting crap when searching on google.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Re: WTK: NZE Corolla

Postby ADONI » March 23rd, 2012, 9:56 am

All I know is that there are three different versions that are basically different from d front fender come forward & d tail light.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » March 24th, 2012, 12:30 pm

Wouldn't it depend on where it came from?

The cars sold by the local Toyota dealership, weren't they 1300cc (LXi) and 1500cc (GLi) cars? As far as I remember, the local NZE cars had two versions, the original and a face-lifted model (from PBY onwards I believe).

I have seen a 1600cc Singapore NZE Corolla with nothing on the back except the VVT-i sticker and this one was similar in appearance to the original locally sold NZE model. Then I have seen one with an "X" on the trunk lid and the reverse lights on either side of the licence plate, instead of within the taillight cluster as on the other models.

sterly
Ricer

Postby sterly » April 5th, 2012, 3:16 am

local- 3 versions (xli,gli and lx).xli seats in the back dont fold down, gli does and lx does. All three version come with other variety of specs. to tired to list them but they have to do with type of seats (leather or fabric), interior, fogs, engine size, sunroof, spoilers, electronic power steering etc.

Japan- xli versions has leather seats, I believe 1.3 engine, no fogs, flair kits.

gli has fogs retractable back seats etc.

Singapore- not to sure what dey have but you can identify them based on the different type of front and back lights. engine size I believe is the 1.6

But
dont always base them on the look of the lights and the look of the fenders. for example alot of the nzes selling on tuner, the the posters say are local. but if you look at them closely you see the foreign used lights and fenders. this means that the car was in some sort of accident. you see it is very hard to source local model parts to fix these cars when they get hit, foreign used parts are more easy to come by so the just convert them.

Also look out for different colours in the steering wheel, this usually means the airbags was deployed.

check out the links below and observe the difference in the lights and fenders.

Please note i have no affiliations with those vehicles. Just using them as an example since you say you getting crap on google.

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=429146 ( local)

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=429047 (foreign)

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=428945 (singapore)

Finally you can base them on the license plate and the year of manufacture. e.g if you see a PCA with a manafacture date of 2002-2003, then that is foreign used since PCA came out in 2005-6. No way that could be a local
If i gave any bad info please correct

Hope this info helps

PARTS2go
3NE 2NR for life

Postby PARTS2go » April 17th, 2012, 5:20 pm

NZE A/C evaporators, condensers & compressors are a very high demand. Where else can you get them at such low prices & with warranty?

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”