TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

HELP: driver's license and motorcycle license!!!

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

trini240z
Street 2NR

HELP: driver's license and motorcycle license!!!

Postby trini240z » April 23rd, 2012, 9:53 pm

i am turning 17 in 2 weeks, and i am going for my learners permit. i would like to know what is the procedure for learning to ride a motorcycle and getting a permit. do i get my drivers license first then go for the motorcycle license. or vice versa. does a drivers license let me ride a bike and do i need to take separate tests for each license. i do not have anyone to ask for advice so I'm open to all help, thanks trini tuners and especially the bikers!!!!

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Re: HELP: driver's license and motorcycle license!!!

Postby BrotherHood » April 24th, 2012, 12:16 am

Well for sure the driver's license and the motorcycle license are two completely different things and are separate test and procedures.
You can get any one first but one only allows you to drive one and not the other, i.e the motorcycle license permits you to ride a motorcycle but you cannot drive a motorcar with it and vice versa.

trini240z
Street 2NR

Postby trini240z » April 24th, 2012, 1:32 am

BrotherHood wrote:Well for sure the driver's license and the motorcycle license are two completely different things and are separate test and procedures.
You can get any one first but one only allows you to drive one and not the other, i.e the motorcycle license permits you to ride a motorcycle but you cannot drive a motorcar with it and vice versa.

but which would u recommend getting first, the motorcycle or car? also are there any restrictions on how long i have to wait to get the motorcycle license after i get the car license

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » April 24th, 2012, 2:23 am

trini240z wrote:
BrotherHood wrote:Well for sure the driver's license and the motorcycle license are two completely different things and are separate test and procedures.

but which would u recommend getting first, the motorcycle or car? also are there any restrictions on how long i have to wait to get the motorcycle license after i get the car license

Get a motor car license 1st and spend some time behind the wheel learning the road and how to read other drivers.

A motorcycle can be very dangerous in the hands of an inexperienced rider.. I'm sure you would have heard others mention this. You are now turning 17, you will try or want to do some stupid stuff behind the wheel of a vehicle, it's a phase most guys pass through and a motorcycle is the last thing you would want to be adventurous on!

Whatever you do decide to do, just be careful and safe out there!

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”