Forums

Good to know: DIESEL PROBLEMS

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

krb4788
Street 2NR

Good to know: DIESEL PROBLEMS

Postby krb4788 » April 27th, 2012, 1:05 pm

Tunerz, I drive a 2005 HILUX 4x2 (2.5 D4D).

Had a very horrid time for the past few days with my Diesel Injection system... My cousin has the same vehicle and is experiencing the very same thing. Diesel light starts to flash. When vehicle is started the idle slowly drops off until the van cuts off. If you restart and press your accelerator to reach 1000 rpm for about 10 seconds then release, engine keeps running!

Tips if you have the same problem:

The light flashing usually indicates water in the fuel injection system - Do not simply drain primer pump and prime again. You will encounter same a few months down the road!

FIRST OF ALL - DO NOT GO TO TOYOTA!!!! They know nothing!!! Diagnostic test will read "0093 - Large leak detected".

There is NO leak!

Your system has been infected with Sh*t Diesel and you risk damaging your injector pump... Toyota sells a pump for $16,415.00. Hence the reason they say "you need to change that Injector pump"!!!

My solution was simply using something called "Diesel Kleen with Cetane boost".

Open you primer pump, remove filter and drain diesel. If you collect it you will definitely see the "mock" in the container. Remove and thoroughly clean out filter housing.

Put back drain plug, mount housing in place. Fill housing with Kleen leaving enough displacement for your new filter, make sure you can see Kleen at hole on top filter. Reassemble unit and reconnect your electrical jacks (2 jacks).

PRIME PUMP ONLY TWICE TO GET DIESEL JUST COMING INTO THE FILTER.

Have someone start the vehicle while you prime the pump simultaneously.

It will take a few tumbles but it will start and you will have to rev to 1000 for the 10 seconds again. You will immediately notice the Diesel light stops flashing. Let van sit at idle for 30-45 minutes for Kleen to do its work through your system.

You will run fine now.

Before topping up Diesel again, drain and properly flush your tank and injection system.

Change filter and repeat the "Kleen" system. Top up and now you are good as new

Word of advice, fill your Diesel in a big keg so you can monitor sediment and fill your tank yourself! I know it sounds like a bother but with the quality of our fuels in Trinidad, it really is a small price to pay.

I hope this helps at least one person who is having the same problem, I found an easy fix just by calling a friend who services Diesel vehicles. Most people will know this, but will not tell you as they prefer you give them your thousands!

Good day all,
krb.

roovid
Riding on 13's

Re: Good to know: DIESEL PROBLEMS

Postby roovid » April 27th, 2012, 3:13 pm

bumppp

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”