TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

ZD30DDT Turbocharging

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

VK56DE

ZD30DDT Turbocharging

Postby VK56DE » March 1st, 2005, 10:31 pm

Hey the nissan frontiers come with the ZD30DDT turbocharged direct injection diesel engine.If I put on a Garrett GT series turbocharger ,do you think it would work well.And what about intercooloing,those engines do not come with intercoolers as the 2.5 Frontier.I need some advice on what to do.

VK56DE

Postby VK56DE » March 3rd, 2005, 11:30 pm

what about tubo timing on the frontier..........i never see anyone with a timer but does it make sense to install one with the stock turbo?

R. Mutt
Shifting into 6th
Location: on the side of the road maptracing and reflashing the ecu

Postby R. Mutt » March 4th, 2005, 5:06 am

I have seen a turbo timer on a frontier...as far as it making sense I have no idea. My guess would be yes...unless u have a habit leave your engine on for 1-3 minutes depending on how u drive.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » March 4th, 2005, 10:10 am

Besides upgrading the turbo there are many other aspects that have to be looked at, you have to have a proper fuel flow as well fuel regulator, so therefore check to see if your stock injectors are up to the pounding, if not upgrade them and get a FPR to adjust the pressure through the injectors. You may also need so some sort of engine management to compensate for the upgrades. Do research before just upgrading.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » March 4th, 2005, 10:11 am

Besides upgrading the turbo there are many other aspects that have to be looked at, you have to have a proper fuel flow as well fuel regulator, so therefore check to see if your stock injectors are up to the pounding, if not upgrade them and get a FPR to adjust the pressure through the injectors. You may also need so some sort of engine management to compensate for the upgrades. Do research before just upgrading.

jason
Riding on 13's

Postby jason » March 11th, 2005, 3:30 am

ah shame eh, but ah never kno yuh cudda turbo ah fronteir

doh sheit meh up

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”