Forums

b16a in b13???!!!

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

GameOver
3NE 2NR for life

b16a in b13???!!!

Postby GameOver » March 13th, 2005, 11:46 pm

firstly, I dont want to get flamed by any enthusiasts, secondly, its not for me(all nissan, but nothing against honda) but my cousin has aquired a b16a engine and is seeking advice. swap? or try to sell and buy an sr20 for his b13. He argues the b16a is a really good motor (true!) and there are lots of options but I believe the swap would require too much custom work and he should stay all nissan and stay away from that headache. Is it even an option?? I've heard of sr's in civics but not the other way around. please advise. thanks...

crash dummy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby crash dummy » March 15th, 2005, 4:11 pm

why not? once he willing to do the work..... is a b13 it light .. it will move.... u cud put a march engine in dey an it go move...lol.. :lol: nah but for real it possible.. i suppose it boils down to personal choice and for what he wants out of the car?!?

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » March 15th, 2005, 5:11 pm

Easy... which one has more tq ? That's the one to think about. The b16 has lots of potential and is a great engine... but compare it to the SR20Det (if that's the SR he'd get in place of it) and you have a iron block, forged pistons and a turbo ecu. The b16 on the other hand is really an N/A masterpiece, weaker iron cylinder inserts, cast pistons and an n/a ecu... 111ft/lbs of tq... would it be work the hassle to swap ? Prolly not... now a B18.... that's talkin business !

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”