Forums

Tranny problem solved!! and spent no money

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Tranny problem solved!! and spent no money

Postby Team Loco » April 8th, 2005, 7:25 am

in a previous post i complained about my tranny in my A4 taking too long to change gears. I was told by as much as three mechanics i need to pull it down and do a rebuild, which may have cost as much as $20,000.00. Then i was also told i need to change my throttle sensor, or i need to do over the engine, it may be loosing compression and causing the tranny not to get enough power and blah blah blah blah......

Freaking morons and old thieves!!!

i decided to look at the obvious first and realised a cable had slipped out of a hold clip, therefore affecting the kickdown and screwing with the electronics. in less than 5mins it was fixed, and a problem that plagued me for a year has finally been solved.

Fellas, sometimes it pays to DIY!!!!

cdx2k1
Riding on 17's

Postby cdx2k1 » April 8th, 2005, 7:45 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DIESELTRINI
30 pounds of Boost

Postby DIESELTRINI » April 8th, 2005, 7:52 am

i decided to look at the obvious first and realised a cable had slipped out of a hold clip, therefore affecting the kickdown and screwing with the electronics. in less than 5mins it was fixed, and a problem that plagued me for a year has finally been solved.

I hope the first thing you did after putting back on the cable was to rock yourself a good slap! Something so simple you should have caught a long time ago. Let me reassure you that at least one of those places you took your car to, probably noticed that but said nothing. I hope you learn something, a good thorough visual inspection will catch most problems or at least point you in a direction about 75% of the time in my experience.

Especially when you have a car that costs extra $$ to work on, you should always familiarize yourself with what is normal, and what isn't in your engine bay.

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » April 8th, 2005, 8:14 am

I hope the first thing you did after putting back on the cable was to rock yourself a good slap! Something so simple you should have caught a long time ago. Let me reassure you that at least one of those places you took your car to, probably noticed that but said nothing. I hope you learn something, a good thorough visual inspection will catch most problems or at least point you in a direction about 75% of the time in my experience.

Especially when you have a car that costs extra $$ to work on, you should always familiarize yourself with what is normal, and what isn't in your engine bay.

got my girlfriend to slap me.....thanks :cry: :cry: :cry:

now i can put my car up for sale....now i know it's in damn perfect working condition

Spyrogyra
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Spyrogyra » April 8th, 2005, 9:18 am

HA! I know the feeling bro, was quoted a $1100 dollar AC job, to change expansion valve and dryer etc..... until I decided to pull down the dashbord and check the connections on the AC control panel, turns out the temp control was loose YIPPIEE, cleaned up some of the wiring down there as well that day.....oh well, more money to spend on performance parts.....

An honest mechanic is like the perfect woman.....impossible to find...(explaination given for the benefit of the perverts here) :lol:

DIESELTRINI
30 pounds of Boost

Postby DIESELTRINI » April 8th, 2005, 9:20 am

You deserve a good slap as well because you know how long everybody tell you to check that!

Spyrogyra
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Spyrogyra » April 8th, 2005, 9:23 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

damm Inshan, you gunnin to become a primary school teacher ???

actually everyone told me that it was the expansion valve. no one even hinted that it might be that...

DIESELTRINI
30 pounds of Boost

Postby DIESELTRINI » April 8th, 2005, 9:34 am

Wait, this is not the same concern you had for a while now? AC cooling cutting in and out? Nah boy, cyah handle them primary school chirren, they dangerous these days.

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”