^Tinting ENTIRE front windshield^

Rx

^Tinting ENTIRE front windshield^

Postby Rx » April 17th, 2006, 8:11 am

Upon recent observations. it was noticed that there seems to be a new trend unfolding. Many drivers are having there entire front windshield tinted.

:arrow: Won't this greatly reduce visibility?

:arrow: Anyone here in 2nrland has done this?

:arrow: What are you opinions on this new craze?

MBC Autotronix

Postby MBC Autotronix » April 17th, 2006, 9:04 am

i think this has been around a while now...a few years...it's just that it now gettting popular.i do this to all my cars....cause it looks kool, helps keep out some sun, and yuh dashboard wont get hot and cracked up as much/fast.

if u use d correct tint u wont have a problem..u not supp to use the ordinary tint which u tink d rest of d car with....,,,we normally use a 50% shade
other factors in clue if u wear glasses....if u do alot of night driving etc.

use d correct tint and u shudnt have a problem..but it's more expensive tho.

however, many guys use like rell ridulous shades of black for style...more than it's usefullness....i gee cars with 35% and 20% on their whole front..
but their main objective is so noone will see inside d car from the front.

call sheraz he go help yuh 685-3912

dunmor

Postby dunmor » April 17th, 2006, 9:19 am

i WAS TOLD THAT 65% TITANIUM COULD SERVE THE SAME PURPOSE AND AFFORD REASONABLE VISABILITY.tHE TRAFFIC LAWS STATE THAT A POLICE OF LINCENSING OFFICER SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEE THE DRIVER WITHOUT ANY DIFFICULTY.i HAVE TINTED MINES ALSO BUT I CAN SEE AND CAN BE SEEN AND I DOES A GOOD JOB IN KEEPING OUT GLARE AND HEAT..i AM SURE ITS A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE I AM PULLED OVER AND HARRASSED AND THOSE WITH MIDNIGHT TINT ARE ALLOWED TO GO FREE...SO WORKS THE SYSTEM!!!

Postby eliteauto » April 17th, 2006, 10:14 am

^^^ nah dude you wiil get the shaft cause of your choice of tint look at what dadio wrote and take your cue from there, btw all reflective tint i.e.titanium is illegal

§ephiroth

Postby §ephiroth » April 17th, 2006, 10:14 am

I actually wanna G5 the entire car we have.....But i wanna drive with someone up Santa Cruz Maracas side with it done on theirs too see how it works out....If u can drive up there with that i think u should be able to go anywhere :)

Postby eliteauto » April 17th, 2006, 10:48 am

You will eventually get wood, hope it's worth it :roll:

DarkClouD

Postby DarkClouD » April 17th, 2006, 10:55 am

corollalover101 wrote:You will eventually get wood, hope it's worth it :roll:

I was now about to say that...

fras
Chronic 2NR

Postby fras » April 17th, 2006, 12:53 pm

Was thinking about doing minez too... 35%

GameOver

Postby GameOver » April 17th, 2006, 1:02 pm

i have done this in 35%.. was actually allowed to pass in a road block conducted by licence officers that were stripping tint. but all my windows r only 35% and if the sun is behind you can see straight thru.. so i suppose i was lucky to be headed in the direction I was

nigel1977

Postby nigel1977 » April 17th, 2006, 1:18 pm

im using 50%.
if the rest of the car wasnt 20% and 5% then i wouldnt have gotten pulled over so often.
if you use even 30% on the rest of the car, you wont see the 50% on the front windsheild.

Rx

Postby Rx » April 17th, 2006, 3:56 pm

I guess dadio has a good point .

how is visibility in the night?

aidan

Postby aidan » April 17th, 2006, 4:50 pm

corollalover101 wrote:^^^ nah dude you wiil get the shaft cause of your choice of tint look at what dadio wrote and take your cue from there, btw all reflective tint i.e.titanium is illegal
titanium is illegal? :shock: d company tinit my moms car with that when she buy it,best auto!n dey is be selling titanium all over?!

Terran

Postby Terran » April 17th, 2006, 4:52 pm

I had my windscreen tinted 35% charcoal years ago. It looked great, complimented the car as it is black, with dark grey interior, and 35% silver titanium around. I even ran a titanium visor behind the charcoal, so I hardly had use for my own visors during the day.

Pros:

The car was generally cooler inside when parked in the hot sun for several hours. It helped to reduce the glare of oncoming cars at night, and deterred pipers who were trying to see inside for something to steal.

Cons:

Visibility at night severely impaired during very bad weather.

I was once pulled aside in a roadblock, but the officer who directed me to pull over gave no reason. The inspectors didn't see why once they were facing me through my window and let me go.

Upon vehicle inspection, the full screen window tint was noted as a "defect", but I was allowed to pass and got my sticker.

DarkClouD

Postby DarkClouD » April 17th, 2006, 4:57 pm

aidan wrote:
corollalover101 wrote:^^^ nah dude you wiil get the shaft cause of your choice of tint look at what dadio wrote and take your cue from there, btw all reflective tint i.e.titanium is illegal
titanium is illegal? :shock: d company tinit my moms car with that when she buy it,best auto!n dey is be selling titanium all over?!

welcome to trinidad!!! corollalover101 is right....all reflective/titanium tine is illegal.

Then again 35% could also be considered illegal. Depends on the police officers judgement of whether or not they could see into your car...ahh yes the law is just beautiful.

Pointman-IA

Postby Pointman-IA » April 17th, 2006, 7:40 pm

How company high ranking officials in State Owned companies can have their vehicles tinted with illegal tint?
Have you all ever noticed that?

Tinting your windshield right down with the legal tint? Would this breakdown the high beams of the night driversof incoming vehicles

VK-Sportsman

Postby VK-Sportsman » April 17th, 2006, 9:48 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:How company high ranking officials in State Owned companies can have their vehicles tinted with illegal tint?
Have you all ever noticed that?

That's just the advantage of being in authority.If I was Johnny Law I would have made them remove it,even if it was the PM's car.It's just illegal.

Raziel

Postby Raziel » April 17th, 2006, 9:54 pm

No tint in itself is illegal, which is why tint is such a problem in this country.

The law goes something like "the tint should not obstruct the view of the occupants in the view of the officer"

It would be much easier if a certain % tint or type was illegal.

aidan

Postby aidan » April 17th, 2006, 11:36 pm

lawd.so if i have a wagon and i tinit d cargo area in real dark like 5% or sumtin wat will happen?will it be hard to see at night?

Postby wagonrunner » April 17th, 2006, 11:47 pm

aidan wrote:lawd.so if i have a wagon and i tinit d cargo area in real dark like 5% or sumtin wat will happen?will it be hard to see at night?

you wil catch your nennen to reverse in adark area, unless you have halogen reverse lights.

Rx

Postby Rx » April 18th, 2006, 5:55 am

aidan wrote:lawd.so if i have a wagon and i tinit d cargo area in real dark like 5% or sumtin wat will happen?will it be hard to see at night?

you wil catch your nennen to reverse in adark area, unless you have halogen reverse lights.

or unless ... you have factory blackened glass like my forester :wink:

Postby wagon r » April 18th, 2006, 7:27 am

^i did that when i had my wagon and the craze caught on about a year after......i tinted from the back door to the trunk 5% and left the front doors and the windscreen clean.

was never harassed for it, pass thru many raodblocks and even drove thru lic. office when i sold the car and had no questions asked. :mrgreen:

i'm not for tinting the windscreen even though i could see the benefits, but you'll go strong.....

Postby Computerman » April 18th, 2006, 7:33 pm

My car is 20% right through. Although I just use an 8" strip on the windshield. I've been stopped a few times for the tint, but it's a wagon...so you can see right through and the interior is dark grey so it looks dark when you look directly into the vehicle.

The day they make me pull off that tint is the day I go G5!! :fist:

§ephiroth

Postby §ephiroth » April 19th, 2006, 9:19 am

But those titanium tints the ones with the colours like red blue etc...Even in the dat It is kinda hard to see through em Much less for the NIGHT! I drove in a panel van with the titanium all around in the night and I had to literally put my head to the window to see through a little...G5 looks like a normal ting from the inside when u look through to me. :|

Rx

Postby Rx » April 19th, 2006, 10:09 am

§ephiroth wrote:But those titanium tints the ones with the colours like red blue etc...Even in the dat It is kinda hard to see through em Much less for the NIGHT! I drove in a panel van with the titanium all around in the night and I had to literally put my head to the window to see through a little...G5 looks like a normal ting from the inside when u look through to me. :|

lol :lol:

fafrumlosin

Postby fafrumlosin » April 19th, 2006, 10:13 am

my entire car is 20% but as said before the one that is used up front is a expensive tint it actually looks like 20% from outside but on the inside it doesnt impair ur vision i love it.. :mrgreen:

Rx

Postby Rx » April 19th, 2006, 10:26 am

good for you man ............ :)

I feel it's like driving in the night wearing your sun glasses :?

Postby Computerman » April 19th, 2006, 7:19 pm

I used to have G5 in the back of my wagon (back and side panels)...was ketchin meh arse to see to reverse at night! :oops:

Rx

Postby Rx » April 20th, 2006, 8:52 am

I drove mih paddners car with G5 ...... it's really stupid ...... can't see a thing in the night while using the a/c :evil:

I rode shotgun in a car with DOUBLE G5 :shock: YES , that's G5 on both sides of the glass :shock: :shock: Man that was scary .....broad daylight and visibility was minimal :evil:

§ephiroth

Postby §ephiroth » April 20th, 2006, 9:28 am

^^ that is an idiot. Who he tryin to hide from Heself?? :lol: :lol:

Rx

Postby Rx » April 20th, 2006, 9:44 am

§ephiroth wrote:^^ that is an idiot. Who he tryin to hide from Heself?? :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: good one :lol: :lol: