Forums

Windshield wiper

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

eitech
punchin NOS

Windshield wiper

Postby eitech » May 24th, 2015, 7:06 pm

I tried adjusting the nozzles many times but every wipe sends water onto d door glass area and into car. Am i missing something?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Windshield wiper

Postby *KRONIK* » May 24th, 2015, 7:28 pm

Does this happen when u are parked?? Or driving?

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » May 24th, 2015, 8:18 pm

eitech wrote:I tried adjusting the nozzles many times but every wipe sends water onto d door glass area and into car. Am i missing something?

how high did u adjust them ??

they need to be adjusted so that you get a "V" formation from each nozzle and they need to be positioned so it squirts water on centre of the glass. - ie not too low and not too high.

if positioned too low the top of the windscreen wont get enough water to clean
if positioned to high the water jets over the car and the bottom of the windscreen wont get enough water to clean..

if positioned too far apart - V formation - water sprays off the windscreen and enters inside your car
if positioned too close together - V formation- you wont get maximum coverage when the wipers turn on.

lastly try to avoid slamming the bonnet when closing - this causes the nozzle to "jump" or turn and coming mis aligned -ie the left nozzle is positioned too much to the left height and V formation isnt affected - just the nozzle positioning themselves.

cliff notes - spent a good half hr adjustin mine and gettin a proper soak....so i kno... :lol:

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » May 25th, 2015, 6:47 pm

I get that issue when d car in motion. A padna told me dat it cud be d strips to d side of d windshield.

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » May 28th, 2015, 2:13 pm

yup, strips doin that self, slow down wen you using the washer thats all. sometimes the water volume and wind pushing against the windscreen forces the water over the side onto the door glass.

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”