TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

wtk how to make my b14 more fuel eco

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nicko
Ricer

wtk how to make my b14 more fuel eco

Postby nicko » September 28th, 2017, 2:27 pm

hey so tuners as the post says i want to make my 14 more better on fuel , have the ga15 in it new fuel rail (clean injectors)new fuel pump, new throttle body and distributor with new plugs and plug wires but still find she drinking gas some bit any advice on what to do again ?

gasbrain101
Riding on 13's

Re: wtk how to make my b14 more fuel eco

Postby gasbrain101 » September 28th, 2017, 5:17 pm

Ga 13 injectors

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » September 28th, 2017, 5:20 pm

Sr20

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » September 28th, 2017, 5:27 pm

Describe new parts

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » September 28th, 2017, 7:23 pm

Fart Canon installed? Remove it. Driving style could be a factor if you're heavy on the pedal.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » September 28th, 2017, 8:53 pm

thermostat installed?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » September 28th, 2017, 10:57 pm

what size rims?
what psi in tires?
auto / manual?
what rpm do you drive at?

nicko
Ricer

Postby nicko » September 29th, 2017, 3:27 pm

Sundar wrote:Fart Canon installed? Remove it. Driving style could be a factor if you're heavy on the pedal.

don't know what you referring to as the fart cannon

nicko
Ricer

Postby nicko » September 29th, 2017, 3:29 pm

wagonrunner wrote:what size rims?
what psi in tires?
auto / manual?

17" rims /automatic /30psi all around/ 3-4000 rpm on average

nicko
Ricer

Postby nicko » September 29th, 2017, 3:29 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:thermostat installed?

no it isnt

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » September 29th, 2017, 3:36 pm

I'm pretty sure that's ur problem. The car isn't coming to operating temp, so the engine throws more gas to heat it up.

Daz ur problem in a nutshell

Sent from my GT-I9060C using TriniTuner mobile app

nicko
Ricer

Postby nicko » September 29th, 2017, 11:33 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:I'm pretty sure that's ur problem. The car isn't coming to operating temp, so the engine throws more gas to heat it up.

Daz ur problem in a nutshell

Sent from my GT-I9060C using TriniTuner mobile app

Ok ok it never had the thermostat installed on it and recently got a decline in fuel economy it normally runs at half the gauge

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » September 30th, 2017, 12:00 am

nicko wrote:
what psi in tires?
auto / manual?

17 inch rims ....2-4k rpm... and you wondering why fuel economy sucks ???? :lol: :lol:

go back down to ur OE size...or one size up from your OE size and drive normally...around 1800- 2500 rpm or so....
smooth easy acceleration..no setta Dominic torreto driving....you'll see a drastic improvement

also try using less AC.... let the hot air out of the car before you turn on the AC and tint the car properly...
proper tint = less heat in the car = less time the AC has to be on.

branbran
Street 2NR

Postby branbran » September 30th, 2017, 12:05 am

nicko wrote:
Sundar wrote:Fart Canon installed? Remove it. Driving style could be a factor if you're heavy on the pedal.

don't know what you referring to as the fart cannon

Fart cannon is an exhaust barrel. Lol

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » September 30th, 2017, 12:23 am

^^^ i didnt want to say it.. :lol:

OP if you want a PROPER exhaust go for stainless steel extractors. and downpipe.....and a proper JDM barrel...fujitsubo.... .it cud be used too... ur exhaust shop guy will work it to suit.

full 2.5 inch front to back will do nicely....

it will allow the engine to breathe easier and release a few extra HP....and wont negatively affect fuel consumption.

nicko
Ricer

Postby nicko » September 30th, 2017, 3:56 am

skylinechild wrote:
nicko wrote:
what psi in tires?
auto / manual?

17 inch rims ....2-4k rpm... and you wondering why fuel economy sucks ???? :lol: :lol:

go back down to ur OE size...or one size up from your OE size and drive normally...around 1800- 2500 rpm or so....
smooth easy acceleration..no setta Dominic torreto driving....you'll see a drastic improvement

also try using less AC.... let the hot air out of the car before you turn on the AC and tint the car properly...
proper tint = less heat in the car = less time the AC has to be on.

no well i usually drive like this and notice i visiting the pump more often so was wondering what could be leading to the decline

nicko
Ricer

Postby nicko » September 30th, 2017, 4:00 am

skylinechild wrote:^^^ i didnt want to say it.. :lol:

OP if you want a PROPER exhaust go for stainless steel extractors. and downpipe.....and a proper JDM barrel...fujitsubo.... .it cud be used too... ur exhaust shop guy will work it to suit.

it will allow the engine to breathe easier and release a few extra HP....and wont negatively affect fuel consumption.

i was thinking was exhaust barrel was being referred too is how it was said so simply made me confused and 2.5'' wont be too big ? is stock ga15 i have which is 1.25'' i believe . i have no experience with these things that why i am asking

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » September 30th, 2017, 6:28 am

Put in a thermostat.

coltspeed
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby coltspeed » September 30th, 2017, 6:59 am

Make sure oxygen sensor is reading properly.
Swap tranny for a box. Cruise in high gear always.
15 " - 14" wheels
Free flow exhaust. Remove cat silencer and install extractors / barrel like skychile said.
Install a K&N filter.
NP - SAE -50 engym oil. Works best.

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » September 30th, 2017, 7:08 am

nicko wrote:
skylinechild wrote:^^^ i didnt want to say it..

i was thinking was exhaust barrel was being referred too is how it was said so simply made me confused and 2.5'' wont be too big ? is stock ga15 i have which is 1.25'' i believe . i have no experience with these things that why i am asking

My apologies. I meant IF you had chopped of the original silencer and installed one of those 4" Chrome barrels to undo that. You sure is not the increase in price of fuel that have you thinking you're spending more?

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » September 30th, 2017, 7:16 am

you need to say what sort of km/ liters you get

kerron01
Sweet on this forum

Postby kerron01 » September 30th, 2017, 10:46 am

Cng would really allow you to save dollars.

shameemh
Street 2NR

Postby shameemh » September 30th, 2017, 11:55 am

nicko wrote:
what psi in tires?
auto / manual?

3-4000 rpm is way too much for a cruising speed. At 4000rpm u must be doing like 140-160km/h. Bcus in my b14 at 3000rpm i get exact 120km/h so unless u drivin real hard which will contribute to excess fuel usage, something cud be wrong with ur drivetrain. I met a few ppl who did not kno how to use the overdrive in their car, they was drivin with it off right tru. Ur overdrive supposed to normally b on, thats y the light comes on wen its off "O/D OFF". The overdrive controls the 4th and 5th gear, and if its off, the highest gear that will engage is 3rd, that will cause u to have to go up to 4000rpm to get a reasonable speed. The overdrive is only to be used for a short time for rapid acceleration like wen overtaking. Sorta like a kickdown. So make sure ur overdrive is on, make sure the light isnt illuminated on the dash and give it a run, see what happens. This is also healthier for the engine since it will no longer be over revving. As i said 4000rpm is way to high. Additionally, u do not need to replace the entire exhaust, the manufacturers knew wat they were doing wen they designed the car. However if u can remove the fart can and replace it with the original silencer the car came wit, it wud help a bit.

shameemh
Street 2NR

Postby shameemh » September 30th, 2017, 11:58 am

Also i removed the thermostat from my b14 and using coolant in the radiator with absolutly no added water, due to the fact that water=corrosion, and the only difference is that the car runs way cooler especially on the hiway. The place done real hot already, so i dont mind my engine runnin a lil cool.

shameemh
Street 2NR

Postby shameemh » September 30th, 2017, 12:03 pm

And chances are, you may not have needed to change all those parts in the engine.

nicko
Ricer

Postby nicko » September 30th, 2017, 1:19 pm

shameemh wrote:
nicko wrote:
what psi in tires?
auto / manual?

3-4000 rpm is way too much for a cruising speed. At 4000rpm u must be doing like 140-160km/h. Bcus in my b14 at 3000rpm i get exact 120km/h so unless u drivin real hard which will contribute to excess fuel usage, something cud be wrong with ur drivetrain. I met a few ppl who did not kno how to use the overdrive in their car, they was drivin with it off right tru. Ur overdrive supposed to normally b on, thats y the light comes on wen its off "O/D OFF". The overdrive controls the 4th and 5th gear, and if its off, the highest gear that will engage is 3rd, that will cause u to have to go up to 4000rpm to get a reasonable speed. The overdrive is only to be used for a short time for rapid acceleration like wen overtaking. Sorta like a kickdown. So make sure ur overdrive is on, make sure the light isnt illuminated on the dash and give it a run, see what happens. This is also healthier for the engine since it will no longer be over revving. As i said 4000rpm is way to high. Additionally, u do not need to replace the entire exhaust, the manufacturers knew wat they were doing wen they designed the car. However if u can remove the fart can and replace it with the original silencer the car came wit, it wud help a bit.

ok so i hear what your saying and have some feed back i dont get the speed at that rpm as you said most ill get is 120 at like 3000 rpm ofcorse if i mash mor ill get my speed the overdrive function right now not working due to faulty solenoids so basically its on right through cant take it off ill look into exhaust problems last time i checked i had no leaks on the system what other problem you think i may have concerning the drivetrain ?

shameemh
Street 2NR

Postby shameemh » September 30th, 2017, 1:31 pm

nicko wrote:
shameemh wrote:
nicko wrote:
what psi in tires?
auto / manual?

ok so i hear what your saying and have some feed back i dont get the speed at that rpm as you said most ill get is 120 at like 3000 rpm ofcorse if i mash mor ill get my speed the overdrive function right now not working due to faulty solenoids so basically its on right through cant take it off ill look into exhaust problems last time i checked i had no leaks on the system what other problem you think i may have concerning the drivetrain ?

Well 120km/h is normal for 3000rpm, even on my corolla i get that aswell. If ur overdrive is always on, then thats ok. So it seems ur getting enough speed per rpm since all the gears seem to be engaging. The only other thing is, change ur driving style, try not to go over 3000rpm or 120km/h. This will also affect the fuel consumption. And also try not to accelerate agressively, wen accelerating, ease down on the throttle. Regarding the drivetrain, changing the transmission fluid, improves the response of the transmission.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » September 30th, 2017, 3:05 pm

you need to say what sorta km you get off a tank of gas....back then...from 100 super which was about 36 liters, i got roughly 3k
350-400k
before it was sold, it went down to 250k mainly because the o2 sensor was damaged, changed it and it went back up
no thermostat with quite a few upgrades

nicko
Ricer

Postby nicko » September 30th, 2017, 3:25 pm

X_Factor wrote:you need to say what sorta km you get off a tank of gas....back then...from 100 super which was about 36 liters, i got roughly 3k
350-400k
before it was sold, it went down to 250k mainly because the o2 sensor was damaged, changed it and it went back up
no thermostat with quite a few upgrades

later this week ill update how much km/l im actually getting

HONDA spoilboy
3NE 2NR for life

Postby HONDA spoilboy » September 30th, 2017, 5:28 pm

Nah. Do not put on that thermostat its a waste of time and money and it cause you to burn more gas because the water pump will be under morning strain it's forced push the water through that thermostat.. It make no sense in that was designed for cold weather climate to maintain heat in the engine local cars did not come with them so it's not necessary the operating temp is fine, remember everything withers with time and use. The compression in head and block will decrease with use = you press a little more x to compensate.. The oil you using if it's to thin (10w30) will cause friction if it to thick (15w40 ) it will harder to flow through the engine more strain = more gas initially also if you using the correct oil (20w50) and not changing it on time will have problems
Next thing regulating air filters clogged/ dirty filter = less air intake = more peddle pressing to compensate. To much air (cheep air filter/ cone type) = more gas release allowed by brain to compensate
So check on oil and filters
And where you fill gas to

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”