TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

y11 Problemthe

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

NissanMan2012
Riding on 13's

y11 Problemthe

Postby NissanMan2012 » September 17th, 2012, 8:36 am

Hey Guys,

Having 2 problems with my y11 wingroad. First one is the car will cut out and will flash start immediately however the engine light will come on and the engine would go into "safe mode". Engine wont rev over 2500rpm. However if i turn it off for 2 mins or so the engine light would remain on but it would rev as normal. Got a diagnostic check and it reported it was the MAF sensor which i have changed but it hasnt made a difference. And also this problem only seems to happen when the engine is hot. ie driven for more than 25mins.

Another problem i have is that is appears that either the brake lights or park lights are stuck on. Im not sure because when i press the brake the 3rd light on the back glass doesnt come on. I tried to look for a brake light switch on the pedal but i cant find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Re: y11 Problemthe

Postby wagonrunner » September 17th, 2012, 9:12 am

you changed the MAF, did you check the harness?

If your brake lights are stuck on, all red lights would be on all the time.
Did you check the 3rd brake light's bulb?

NissanMan2012
Riding on 13's

Re: y11 Problemthe

Postby NissanMan2012 » September 17th, 2012, 9:47 am

The MAF sensor was changed when i first had the problem about 2 years ago. Mechanic had found the problem but it was another sensor and not the MAF but he cannot remember what it was. Changed back to the first MAF sensor and that had worse results.

And as far as i know the 3rd brake light is working but i cant be 100% sure as there is no change in the rear lights regardless of if i press the pedal or turn on the park lights.
Id like to check the 3rd brake light but cant figure out how to take off the housing and i dont want to damage it.

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”