TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

08 Nissan Tiida refusing to start

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

sizzla89
Street 2NR

08 Nissan Tiida refusing to start

Postby sizzla89 » April 13th, 2013, 2:17 pm

Gentlemen,

I need some assistance urgently. The Tuesday before Easter my car decided to stop starting, all it would do is tumble. Luckily my mechanic was nearby so i asked him to to come by with his scan tool. He plugged it into the car and showed me that the scan tool is unable to access the systems of the car i.e no communication with the ECU. Note: I have seen this scan tool in use on my car previously so it is updated with the vehicles info.

My mechanic advised that he checked all the grounding points, and the harness to no avail, he was unable to locate the fuse for the ECU. He then sourced a ECU from another Tiida, installed it and attempted to start the car, this also failed however when the scan tool was attached communication resumed with this ECU. Apparently the ECU's for these vehicles require a particular code in order to correspond with the engine and its components. The code for the ECU is FRA56-C61B8W8712. The important part to be considered is the FR in the code mentioned so i was told. If anyone has this ECU please message me ASAP as i have searched most of Trinidad and now Tobago in search of this.

Has anyone experienced something to this effect? I am a bit skeptical about the ECU issue so i would also like a second opinion. Is anyone aware of electricians who are knowledgeable with the 08 Nissan Tiida. BTW it is RORO.

Regards

IvanTerrors
Trinituner Peong

Re: 08 Nissan Tiida refusing to start

Postby IvanTerrors » April 13th, 2013, 3:17 pm

Search on Nissan forums for idpm problems may get some help there

konartis
Shifting into 6th

Postby konartis » April 13th, 2013, 6:59 pm

i knw someone had this issue with a tidda also, car was just tumbling and not starting...checked with the scan tool and came up with somthing about the brain box, what he did was get the coding of the keys reset(dont knw how) and it started...someone told him that it happens from time to time, he brought this car from japan himself...so i dont knw if ur situation might be different, but if its tumbling and not starting and everything checks out, check the keys if its coded...

zoelikescheese
Riding on 18's

Postby zoelikescheese » April 17th, 2013, 1:03 am

konartis wrote:i knw someone had this issue with a tidda also, car was just tumbling and not starting...checked with the scan tool and came up with somthing about the brain box, what he did was get the coding of the keys reset(dont knw how) and it started...someone told him that it happens from time to time, he brought this car from japan himself...so i dont knw if ur situation might be different, but if its tumbling and not starting and everything checks out, check the keys if its coded...

correct
it may be something with the keyless entry system (immobilizer)
saw this problem with an evo x and he had to bench the ecu and reflash

good luck

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » April 17th, 2013, 9:25 am

sizzla89 wrote:Gentlemen,

I need some assistance urgently. The Tuesday before Easter my car decided to stop starting, all it would do is tumble. Luckily my mechanic was nearby so i asked him to to come by with his scan tool. He plugged it into the car and showed me that the scan tool is unable to access the systems of the car i.e no communication with the ECU. Note: I have seen this scan tool in use on my car previously so it is updated with the vehicles info.

My mechanic advised that he checked all the grounding points, and the harness to no avail, he was unable to locate the fuse for the ECU. He then sourced a ECU from another Tiida, installed it and attempted to start the car, this also failed however when the scan tool was attached communication resumed with this ECU. Apparently the ECU's for these vehicles require a particular code in order to correspond with the engine and its components. The code for the ECU is FRA56-C61B8W8712. The important part to be considered is the FR in the code mentioned so i was told. If anyone has this ECU please message me ASAP as i have searched most of Trinidad and now Tobago in search of this.

Has anyone experienced something to this effect? I am a bit skeptical about the ECU issue so i would also like a second opinion. Is anyone aware of electricians who are knowledgeable with the 08 Nissan Tiida. BTW it is RORO.

Regards

fact that the vehicle is tumbling ( but not starting) you can perform the auto active test on the vehicle....to check for possible IDPM failure...

the below info is taken from this thread
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=453924&p=6421557&hilit=active+test#p6421557

IDPM -Intelligent Power Distribution Module.
controls power to the ECU and different systems on the vehicle. when the module is giving issues you get trouble starting check engine light comes on Etc etc etc..

OP, a proper scan with a scan tool should be able to assist.

Found this info online-it's a diagnostic procedure is for the 2004-06 titan.
i am not sure if this diagnostic procedure will work for you but here it is- never hurts to try-.

"Auto Active Test" feature you can perform easily:
1- Turn the ignition switch on
2- Press the door light activator switch in 10 times........notice the open door light on the dash will flash each time you press the switch.
3- Turn the ignition switch Off then back ON.
4- The horn will beep, oil light will flash, the defroster will cycle, headlights will flash, cooling fan will cycle, wipers will come on and ac compressor will cycle if the IDPM-ER is functioning "NORMAL".

In that thread the person was able to resolve the issue by having it ryan (RYOTECH) take a look at it.

reshaadtheviper
Riding on 13's

Postby reshaadtheviper » March 31st, 2015, 6:12 pm

I had this same problem....wouldnt believe what the problem was....ants got in the circuitboard of the relays and kept grounding it everytime i started....took out the box and spray some bop spray inside it....lol car started and working like normal.....

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”