TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

K12 March ABS light on after wheel bearing change

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

DanielCW
Street 2NR

K12 March ABS light on after wheel bearing change

Postby DanielCW » January 12th, 2014, 9:01 am

Well as the subject says, my k12 needed the front driver side bearing to change, dropped it by the mechanic when I picked back up the car the ABS light came on and remained on, the mechanic put the car on the diagnostic machine and it says change ABS sensor. How is that possible? The car went into the garage with the sensor ok. My question is can the bearing be put on wrong side? Is there a magnetic side for the abs sensor?

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: K12 March ABS light on after wheel bearing change

Postby ramishrrr » January 14th, 2014, 5:57 am

Recently I changed the two rear bearings on my Fielder wagon. But I disconnected the battery, BEFORE I disconnected the ABS sensors. I have no problem. Your mechanic should have done that.
Can't he reset the sensor ?

Try disconnecting the battery, then unplug the sensor, then plug it back. Reconnect the battery.
Peace.
RR.

chris600

Postby chris600 » March 21st, 2014, 8:01 am

this might be totally un related, but i recently changed a flat tyre and put on the spare,and the ABS light came on..probably something didnt go back in the right place?

DanielCW
Street 2NR

Postby DanielCW » March 21st, 2014, 7:10 pm

Well the mechanic said wen they pressed out the bearing they damaged a metal washer, which apparently was a magnetic sensor for the abs, so he ended up buying a foreign used hub and all is good now

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”