TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Import

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Kershaw M Joseph
Riding on 13's

Import

Postby Kershaw M Joseph » September 30th, 2019, 9:06 pm

Can you legally import an Evo 9 to Trinidad ? If so, how much does this cost ?

MG Man
2NRholic

Re: Import

Postby MG Man » October 4th, 2019, 11:05 am

can't legally import any vehicle over 4 years old, unless you're a returning resident, in which case, stipulations apply, including how long you'll need to have owned it before returning, and you won't be able to sell it for something like two years

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » October 4th, 2019, 12:37 pm

MG Man wrote:can't legally import any vehicle over 4 years old, unless you're a returning resident, in which case, stipulations apply, including how long you'll need to have owned it before returning, and you won't be able to sell it for something like two years

You can legally import it . I recently brought in a fifty year old car. You remove the engine and bring it in as a shell and the suspension and engine as parts. Licensing it however is the problem.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » October 4th, 2019, 1:04 pm

rspann wrote:
MG Man wrote:can't legally import any vehicle over 4 years old, unless you're a returning resident, in which case, stipulations apply, including how long you'll need to have owned it before returning, and you won't be able to sell it for something like two years

You can legally import it . I recently brought in a fifty year old car. You remove the engine and bring it in as a shell and the suspension and engine as parts. Licensing it however is the problem.

well yeah, you can disassemble and bring as scrap....big racket in vintage circles
Old car chassis or registrations are gold
Shoulda bought that 40's Ford rustbucket back when I had the chance....coulda sold it to one of those nuveau riche collectors for good money now

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » October 5th, 2019, 11:44 pm

Hmm 2 years before transfer could be completed ? Looking at a 2009 used vehicle a returning resident brought in but I have to review that 2 years before they can sell then. A 1000+ PDT registered vehicle

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”