TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: New Vehicle Prices In Trinidad & Tobago

Postby Chimera » September 9th, 2015, 7:22 am

Didnt they want to only allow farmer owned vehicles to access subsidy?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 9th, 2015, 7:24 am

acesinghit wrote:Saw that the new Hilux has "officially" arrived in the country through the TTTL dealership. They cleared what appears to be the first shipment last night. Of course the drivers piloting these pickups didn't display any restraint with brand new yet to be purchased vehicles since some did not hesitate to peel back tyres with hard launches and taking corners pretty hard. Not too mention its straight line speed testing on the beetham while the hazard lights were on.

Pricing prediction:
double cab 4x4 auto, leather, 2.8td with full RAJA spec - $350k intro price?

Them should sell those vehicles as used by the time they drive from port to dealership

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 9th, 2015, 7:26 am

acesinghit wrote:Saw that the new Hilux has "officially" arrived in the country through the TTTL dealership. They cleared what appears to be the first shipment last night. Of course the drivers piloting these pickups didn't display any restraint with brand new yet to be purchased vehicles since some did not hesitate to peel back tyres with hard launches and taking corners pretty hard. Not too mention its straight line speed testing on the beetham while the hazard lights were on.

Pricing prediction:

Them should sell those vehicles as used by the time they drive from port to dealership.

Really hadda record them a night with a dash camera and post it online. "This is how toyota/nissan drives your brand new vehicle"

tiger balm
Sweet on this forum

Postby tiger balm » September 9th, 2015, 8:26 am

damieG82 wrote:
mrpetro wrote:Good morning I need some advice please. I like three vehicles, the ASX, the SPORTAGE & TUSCON. What I want to know is which one best all round. I'm looking for good fuel consumption, great handling, cargo space, comfort and power. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

WRT comfort and power, they're all pretty much on par with one another. Handling wise, the Sportage/Tucson are competent at best. I haven't driven an ASX but given it's Lancer roots, I would want to rate it higher than the Korean pair with their Elantra/Cerato roots, which aren't exactly known for handling prowess.

In terms of fuel economy, I'm sure the ASX win hands down... nothing beats a CVT for this, barring a tranny with 7 or more gears. Engine revs remain extremely low even at highway speeds and the ASX has 6 manual mode "gears" to choose from, which are selectable via paddle shifters, something the Koreans do not offer... they do have shift lever operated tiptronic though.

I have one huge criticism for the Sportage/Tucson though, and it has to do with their brakes... they are the WORST I have ever used in a modern car. I'm not sure if the servo size is too small, but the power assistance under braking is grossly inadequate and leaves you extremely panicked in emergency situations, wondering if you'll stop before plowing through the obstruction ahead. Worse yet, when descending steep grades, even under full braking you actually feel the pads skip along the discs, as if they aren't biting and gripping hard enough. This too is quite unnerving as you could imagine. It's a the only downside to an otherwise good and reliable vehicle. Having owned one I won't buy another only for this reason... it's that bad! Waiting to see if the system in the new model was improved. You eventually get accustomed to it and drive to suit, but therein lies the problem... the limits of the car are far lower than the average driver's own, which makes the driving experience a total buzz kill or a suicide mission if you decide to go fast... take your pick.

Agree with everything said here! I have the Basic model 2014 Sportage. Braking suddenly leaves you very panicked. Sometimes, even when I'm braking long in advance the brakes aren't "catching". This maybe due the the new front brakes they replaced at my last service though-not sure, the last set seemed better under regular braking conditions.

Other than that, the Sportage (basic model) gives u value for money

tiger balm
Sweet on this forum

Postby tiger balm » September 9th, 2015, 8:47 am

damieG82 wrote:
mrpetro wrote:Good morning I need some advice please. I like three vehicles, the ASX, the SPORTAGE & TUSCON. What I want to know is which one best all round. I'm looking for good fuel consumption, great handling, cargo space, comfort and power. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

WRT comfort and power, they're all pretty much on par with one another. Handling wise, the Sportage/Tucson are competent at best. I haven't driven an ASX but given it's Lancer roots, I would want to rate it higher than the Korean pair with their Elantra/Cerato roots, which aren't exactly known for handling prowess.

In terms of fuel economy, I'm sure the ASX win hands down... nothing beats a CVT for this, barring a tranny with 7 or more gears. Engine revs remain extremely low even at highway speeds and the ASX has 6 manual mode "gears" to choose from, which are selectable via paddle shifters, something the Koreans do not offer... they do have shift lever operated tiptronic though.

I have one huge criticism for the Sportage/Tucson though, and it has to do with their brakes... they are the WORST I have ever used in a modern car. I'm not sure if the servo size is too small, but the power assistance under braking is grossly inadequate and leaves you extremely panicked in emergency situations, wondering if you'll stop before plowing through the obstruction ahead. Worse yet, when descending steep grades, even under full braking you actually feel the pads skip along the discs, as if they aren't biting and gripping hard enough. This too is quite unnerving as you could imagine. It's a the only downside to an otherwise good and reliable vehicle. Having owned one I won't buy another only for this reason... it's that bad! Waiting to see if the system in the new model was improved. You eventually get accustomed to it and drive to suit, but therein lies the problem... the limits of the car are far lower than the average driver's own, which makes the driving experience a total buzz kill or a suicide mission if you decide to go fast... take your pick.

Agree with everything said here! I have the Basic model 2014 Sportage. Braking suddenly leaves you very panicked. Sometimes, even when I'm braking long in advance the brakes aren't "catching". This maybe due the the new front brakes they replaced at my last service though-not sure, the last set seemed better under regular braking conditions.

tiger balm
Sweet on this forum

Postby tiger balm » September 9th, 2015, 8:49 am

damieG82 wrote:

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » September 9th, 2015, 8:21 pm

^get that checked. I've had mine for more than 2 years and never had that issue

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » September 9th, 2015, 8:32 pm

tiger balm wrote:
damieG82 wrote:

New vehicles can come with settings levels for how much brake assistance is provided from weak to strong for example. Might want to let the dealer check the coding on your vehicle and set it to strong.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

telfer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby telfer » September 9th, 2015, 9:19 pm

Pricing prediction:

They are coming with a 3.0 engine the 2.8 are euro 5 spec and cannot take our diesel
The price starting at $269 mid 4x4 2.5
3.0 $289 high spec but fabric seats
Launching of these are next Wednesday

tiger balm
Sweet on this forum

Postby tiger balm » September 10th, 2015, 7:33 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
tiger balm wrote:
damieG82 wrote:

New vehicles can come with settings levels for how much brake assistance is provided from weak to strong for example. Might want to let the dealer check the coding on your vehicle and set it to strong.

Thanks, I'll do that

tiger balm
Sweet on this forum

Postby tiger balm » September 10th, 2015, 7:42 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
tiger balm wrote:
damieG82 wrote:

Thanks, I'll do that

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » September 10th, 2015, 7:58 pm

gastly369 wrote:.Image
lol @ this interior. it looks like they gave different people specific sections to design, and then just put all together :?
seen a few of them at M. rampersad, surprised I haven't seen any on the road yet.

SYKO
3NE 2NR for life

Postby SYKO » September 10th, 2015, 8:55 pm

There is a red TDJ. haven't been able to take pics. But it looks nice - ish.

Swisha
Chronic 2NR

Postby Swisha » September 10th, 2015, 8:58 pm

Saw a new Tucson and new Hilux heading to the south dealerships this afternoon

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » September 10th, 2015, 10:53 pm

WRT braking issues on the korean cars, remember that tires have alot to do with braking performance as well.

equipped2ripp
punchin NOS

Postby equipped2ripp » September 11th, 2015, 12:58 am

There are a couple of new Revos on the road now

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » September 11th, 2015, 6:27 am

I think I have seen at least 2.
It is bigger than I thought and definitely bigger than the outgoing model

Is it still coming with the kd series diesel engine. .... That sucks.

Now the question is how long will the new 2.8 engine last on our fuel; the new models i saw being driven on the road were labeled 2.8.

Time will tell

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » September 11th, 2015, 6:28 am

I think I have seen at least 2.
It is bigger than I thought and definitely bigger than the outgoing model

Now the question is how long will the new 2.8 engine last on our fuel; the new models i saw being driven on the road were labeled 2.8.

Time will tell

telfer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby telfer » September 11th, 2015, 6:49 am

The one with the 3.0(1kd) are being sold by Toyota Trinidad which hasn't launched yet all them that on the road are from roro dealers

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » September 11th, 2015, 5:27 pm

so I saw a white hilux on the road today lol
nothing special about the exterior, in fact if it didn't have its DRL on, I probably wouldn't have noticed it at all.
Oh and as for the Amarok being here, I think that was a pretty ballsy move bringing in that many at once. Wouldn't be surprised if it turns into another Colorado though.
Plus if the fuel subsidy on diesel is removed/ reduced over the next few budgets, should be interesting for the entire "SUV with trays" market.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » September 11th, 2015, 6:20 pm

People will still need these vehicles to wok dey garden, carry tiles, thinset and building material.
The only people that would stop buying are the posers

DJ Q
punchin NOS

Postby DJ Q » September 11th, 2015, 6:32 pm

drchaos wrote:People will still need these vehicles to wok dey garden, carry tiles, thinset and building material.

You Mean the 99% of people that own pickups?

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » September 11th, 2015, 6:44 pm

drchaos wrote:People will still need these vehicles to wok dey garden, carry tiles, thinset and building material.

yes, hence the suv with trays thing. It should only affect the top tier models costing well over $300K.

rayrayray
Street 2NR

Postby rayrayray » September 11th, 2015, 7:25 pm

Lol@ SUV with trays ...ent allyuh know how trini dey ...smfh

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » September 11th, 2015, 8:19 pm

Most accurate thing I've read in a while. LoL. SUVs wth trays.....hence the 22's etc.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » September 11th, 2015, 10:56 pm

Time will tell

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » September 11th, 2015, 11:49 pm

tourniquet wrote:
gastly369 wrote:.Image
lol @ this interior. it looks like they gave different people specific sections to design, and then just put all together :?
seen a few of them at M. rampersad, surprised I haven't seen any on the road yet.

I was thinking the same thing..I'm like..where is the symmetry? :?

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby greggle71 » September 12th, 2015, 6:54 am

Question, which is more environmentally friendly, premium gasoline or clean diesel?

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » September 12th, 2015, 7:15 am

Its a trade off, Diesel has more particulates and Nitrogen oxides but gets more mileage.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » September 12th, 2015, 9:08 am

greggle71 wrote:Question, which is more environmentally friendly, premium gasoline or clean diesel?

Gasoline.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”