TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: New Vehicle Prices In Trinidad & Tobago

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » December 3rd, 2015, 7:47 am

One thing to note is those ratings are based on how many things are included in the vehicle. 5 stars for sure if the manufacturer offers all the safety features. Once you start removing features in vehicles sold locally you can't see a 5 star rating for a vehicle and think it applies locally. Case in point that euroncap Tucson rating.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » December 4th, 2015, 1:48 am

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:One thing to note is those ratings are based on how many things are included in the vehicle. 5 stars for sure if the manufacturer offers all the safety features. Once you start removing features in vehicles sold locally you can't see a 5 star rating for a vehicle and think it applies locally. Case in point that euroncap Tucson rating.

The point is that the structure of the vehicle was found to be deficient in that area. The rating might not fully apply but the findings of those tests do.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » December 4th, 2015, 1:50 am

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:One thing to note is those ratings are based on how many things are included in the vehicle. 5 stars for sure if the manufacturer offers all the safety features. Once you start removing features in vehicles sold locally you can't see a 5 star rating for a vehicle and think it applies locally. Case in point that euroncap Tucson rating.

The point is that the structure of the vehicle was found to be deficient in that area. The rating might not fully apply but the findings of those tests do.

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » December 4th, 2015, 3:40 pm

yes tuners, the jetta is history. Borrowing the mom's car until the pickup arrives. Awesome reviews from real world people in here is what make things easy on shoppers. The Colorado almost got the sale but I got the np300 on a deal I couldn't refuse. Make those sales reps work for their commissions, trust me on this.....there is always wiggle room its just we consumers don't exercise our rights.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » December 4th, 2015, 4:05 pm

acesinghit wrote:yes tuners, the jetta is history. Borrowing the mom's car until the pickup arrives. Awesome reviews from real world people in here is what make things easy on shoppers. The Colorado almost got the sale but I got the np300 on a deal I couldn't refuse. Make those sales reps work for their commissions, trust me on this.....there is always wiggle room its just we consumers don't exercise our rights.

Try that when looking for a Toyota Corolla nah.

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » December 4th, 2015, 4:14 pm

Well yes true...I just don't like their arrogance. Their reps are not sales people, they are order takers. Hilux is very nice but underpowered and too expensive not too mention over-booked! They won't be seeing my money anytime too soon and well it appears they don't care cause I'm sure 4-5 other contractors walked in there and ordered another 20 hilux, 4 corolla, 6 prado and a rav4 for dey chirren, chirren mother and tantie this and uncle that etc etc

tacf85
Street 2NR

Postby tacf85 » December 4th, 2015, 9:36 pm

The Chevrolet Captiva is a good vehicle?

tacf85
Street 2NR

Postby tacf85 » December 4th, 2015, 9:46 pm

What's the features in the x-trail exclusive 7 seater?

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » December 4th, 2015, 11:19 pm

7 seats!

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » December 5th, 2015, 9:38 am

The captiva scores a unique point by probably being the cheapest 7 seater mid size unibody suv with a turbo diesel engine. Its based on a platform which is the basis for other gm products and i heard the motor hauls a$$. Being a familiar design over the years it lost some appeal to me not that i could afford it anyway. If i was in the market for a mid size diesel suv though it would be the sorento.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » December 5th, 2015, 10:15 am

Yeah captiva looks sort of bland. I agree that the Sorento is king in its class at the moment. I have even seen some people compare it with a range rover, in terms of space, features and luxury.

tacf85
Street 2NR

Postby tacf85 » December 5th, 2015, 1:16 pm

Found the Captiva was reasonable and very spacious for my growing family. The Sorento would have been my choice but the diesel 7 seater is really high. The Xtrail additional seats are a squeeze. Will go look at the outlander this week and examine the space. Will have to sell my Corolla GLI soon. Only bought it in January this year. A 7 seater is really needed.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » December 5th, 2015, 2:13 pm

Hyundai H1. ...:smile:

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » December 5th, 2015, 2:20 pm

sheit u not those h1 decent

tacf85
Street 2NR

Postby tacf85 » December 5th, 2015, 2:37 pm

The H1 is diesel? Also I like the tractable extra 2 seats in the SUV's For groceries if not occupied. Have 3 kids so the extra 2 seats may only be needed for long distance journey for comfort. Don't think the H1 have that trunk space.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 5th, 2015, 9:01 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
acesinghit wrote:yes tuners, the jetta is history. Borrowing the mom's car until the pickup arrives. Awesome reviews from real world people in here is what make things easy on shoppers. The Colorado almost got the sale but I got the np300 on a deal I couldn't refuse. Make those sales reps work for their commissions, trust me on this.....there is always wiggle room its just we consumers don't exercise our rights.

Try that when looking for a Toyota Corolla nah.

Never was a fan of the corolla but I saw one on the road some time back and it looks pretty ok.

The revo with the DRL's looks better than the ones without I find. Saw one of the first few on the road and donno if is me or part of the vehicle paint dont match with the rest of the body. Is it possible that it got in an accident already and was painted over before being sold?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » December 7th, 2015, 7:56 am

are car prices going down? see below as a few examples:

Isuzu D-Max 4x2 d/c - $155k (was 180k)
Chevy Colorado 2.8 LT 4x4 automatic d/c - $225k (was 250k)
Chevy Cruze 1.8 LT leather, sunroof - $209k (was 235k)
Mitsu Lancer GT 2.0, sunroof - $240k (was $260k)
Chevy Captiva - $299k (wasn't this like $385k??)
Mazda 6 2.5, leather, sunroof - $350k (was $375k)

does anyone have anymore examples?

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » December 7th, 2015, 8:13 am

Car sales for this month will be low because people will be waiting for the drop in VAT come JAN. So the stealerships will be looking to entice people.

Also we are in a recession and stealerships tend to really suffer! In about a year car prices will drop and buyers will have so much more negotiating power!

Ronaldo95163
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ronaldo95163 » December 7th, 2015, 10:25 am

The 4x2 D-Max LS was 180k

you sure you saw that 155k correctly??? :shock:

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » December 7th, 2015, 6:50 pm

drchaos wrote:7 seats!

:lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » December 7th, 2015, 6:56 pm

Agree with Sorento being king. There's a video on YouTube where a group of ppl debadged a Sorento and asked some random ppl in the public to check it out and guess what brand they think it is.. Almost everyone thought it was one of those premium brands (BMW, Mercedes, etc. )

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » December 7th, 2015, 7:02 pm

scotty_buttons wrote:Agree with Sorento being king. There's a video on YouTube where a group of ppl debadged a Sorento and asked some random ppl in the public to check it out and guess what brand they think it is.. Almost everyone thought it was one of those premium brands (BMW, Mercedes, etc. )

That simply means people don't know vehicles that's all. Or they are brand snobs.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » December 7th, 2015, 7:19 pm

Nah but that new Sorento front end looks real good. Can't really blame those people who see it for the first time....

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » December 7th, 2015, 7:38 pm

For value you can't go wrong with it. IMO, it's a pretty handsome SUV and I'm one of those anti Korean persons. The only thing I don't like is the style of the LED brake lights. And front DRLs.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » December 7th, 2015, 10:24 pm

Saw a white one on the highway once. My word.....

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » December 8th, 2015, 7:20 am

Morpheus wrote:Saw a white one on the highway once. My word.....

If you think the white is nice, wait until you see the silver..the black/white with the chrome trimmings look amazing too eh, but that silver is something else..Kia really takes win in this rounds..but those prices..I just built a 'fully-fully' loaded one, optioned to the teeth on the American website for a grand total of approximately $310k..whereas (according to the figures quoted on Pg.1) that money can't even get you a basic Sorento..I understand we have VAT and MVT and what not..but why such a huge gap?? And on top of that, our stealerships versions of fully loaded means 'we still have more options..but you either can't get them in this market or you still have to spend more money..'

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » December 8th, 2015, 7:23 am

Morpheus wrote:Saw a white one on the highway once. My word.....

If you think the white is nice, wait until you see the silver..the black/white with the chrome trimmings look amazing too eh, but that silver is something else..Kia really takes win in this rounds..but those prices..I just built a 'fully-fully' loaded one, optioned to the teeth on the American website for a grand total of approximately $310k..whereas (according to the figures quoted on Pg.1) that money can't even get you a basic Sorento..I understand we have VAT and MVT and what not..but why such a huge gap?? And on top of that, our stealerships versions of fully loaded means 'we still have more options..but you either can't get them in this market or you still have to spend more money..'

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » December 8th, 2015, 7:24 am

Sorry folks.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » December 8th, 2015, 8:00 am

You can delete repeats as long as no one posts after you..........I think

Swisha
Chronic 2NR

Postby Swisha » December 8th, 2015, 10:26 am

The pearl white does indeed look sweet 8-)

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”