TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Re: NEW CAR / VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby acesinghit » April 18th, 2014, 12:55 am

With 600k I will personally show you my 328i with m sport kit and I would have cash to spare lol

dogichi
Sweet on this forum

Postby dogichi » April 18th, 2014, 12:58 am

The new 328i is really costly...over $600K. We pay to much for lively powerful engines here. It's a shame really.

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » April 18th, 2014, 7:46 am

A 328i is 600k?? Isn't the 316 around 400??

dogichi
Sweet on this forum

Postby dogichi » April 18th, 2014, 7:58 am

Hi Scotty. The 316i starts at $370K, add a line.....luxury, modern or sport add another $15K. So $385K starting. The 320i is $435K, add a line and it becomes $450K. The 328i is around $575-$600K.

slickrick777
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby slickrick777 » April 18th, 2014, 11:13 am

can ne one tell me if the chevrolet cruze (2012 model, don't fancy the look of the 2013-2014 one!) is ne good?...also the price as well?...

...also price of the new ford range 4x2 automatic...thanks!

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » April 18th, 2014, 12:17 pm

If lifestyle selling u a 2012 cruze most probably it was a demo car. Run like hell if they don't heavily discount it and offer u some kind of warranty.

Otherwise Pros are:
One of the most stable and secure handling cars in its class
Excellent fuel economy
Smooth shifting transmission
Heaviest car in its class
Excellent interior room
Dash design one of the best
Lifestyle has excellent after sale service and support
The car is really an Opel Astra based on the gm delta 2 platform. This means German engineering from engine to suspension
Triple sealed doors like a Benz, BMW and Audi
Triple layer windscreen like those high end cars
It's a world car so parts and accessories easy to get online
Nobody steals a Chevy
Excellent safety structure with standard airbags and traction/stability control
If the police could use them locally and abroad then it has to be competent overall

Cons:
Because the car is very heavy the 1.8 is the only motor I recommend. The 1.6 version feels like a skoda Octavia mpi
We only get the basic LS and mid grade LT versions in t&t. I am yet to see the LTZ model with the 1.4 and or 1.6 turbo. There's also a 2.0 turbo diesel we don't get.
Parts and service available only at lifestyle to maintain warranty status
Some hard plastic can be found in the interior door panels and dashboard
Naturally it's no toyota so resale value won't be the best

This is the best I can come up with at the moment. Alternatives to the cruze are the focus and Jetta. Once you go euro there's no turning back and that is what these 3 cars have in common. Germany!

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » April 18th, 2014, 12:21 pm

dogichi wrote:Hi Scotty. The 316i starts at $370K, add a line.....luxury, modern or sport add another $15K. So $385K starting. The 320i is $435K, add a line and it becomes $450K. The 328i is around $575-$600K.

A flashed 316 could perform like a 320
Flashed 320 perform like a 328
Flashed 328 perform like a 335

No or that's a stretch.... :lol:

dogichi
Sweet on this forum

Postby dogichi » April 18th, 2014, 12:35 pm

You're right ace with those assumptions. I checked them out myself. A 316i stock is 8.5 secs to 100. A friend of mine did a chip and got that down to 7 secs. Price to chip/flash about $5000. So technically speaking a "320i" is just $5000 away if you own a 316i. A ton of savings with both cost of vehicle/insurance with superior performance.

dutch2004
Street 2NR

Postby dutch2004 » April 24th, 2014, 12:27 pm

Yea Fella's,

While I know there are several threads with differing views and especially on the issue of Euro Vs All the rest, I am finally read to take plunge and invest in new vehicle, rather than RORO's I have owned and own now.

My options are,

1. Kia 2014 Cerato;
2. Hyundai mid Spec Elantra;
3. Volkswagen Jetta trend line ;
4. Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX;
5. Mazda 3 2014.

I am leaning toward the Jetta or the Cerato.

Any idea's experiences with the Korean and euro resale and maintenance etc...I have heard all the nightmares with Southern sales, but I do hear they are improving. As for the volks, any ideas? I have read all the worries about the DSG transmission longterm.

I know both are excellent value and the Jetta just has this understated mean look about it, while the Cerato just has a ton of extra's and looks like a ton of value.

Any advice would be helpful and please no bashing thread, I KNOW THERE ARE INDIVIDUAL THREADS FOR A FEW OF THESE...if it gets locked it gets locked...but i thought someone could chime in.

Just thought I could get some genuine opinions from owners and not just fan boys or detractor's?

Dutch

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » April 24th, 2014, 12:43 pm

test drive all and buy the one you enjoy the most
end of story.
everyone has a differing opinion on what is good and what is bad and what they want in a car.

4Motion
3NE 2NR for life

Postby 4Motion » April 24th, 2014, 1:00 pm

As cinco says go test drive them. My advice is to try and test drive them all within a couple of days and in similar circumstances to be able to do the best comparison.

Kia Cerato vs Hyundai Elantra, similar vehicles with similar specs I believe so it really comes down to preference of with dealer you like and style.

Mazda 3, haven't had a chance to drive one yet but it's one of those vehicles you can't really go wrong with once you are happy with the package and price.

Suzuki Grand Vitara, different class of vehicle if you like the idea of driving an SUV but that's really up to you. I've heard quite a few good stories of Lifestyle Motors service.

VW Jetta Trendline, if you want the best performance in this class of vehicle with the 1.4TSI. it's probably an obvious choice to some. Good fuel economy but requires Premium. (Really really don't recommend using Super not matter what people tell you.) You will be asking for problems with that supercharger and turbocharger. The Trendline is the lowest spec so if you like features such as parking aid you should either consider the Comfortline or look at either of the Koreans. Regarding the transmission i have read many problems with them and recalls but if what I've seem online is correct it should not be affecting the new models.

dutch2004
Street 2NR

Postby dutch2004 » April 24th, 2014, 1:11 pm

Thanks a mil for that breakdown 4 Motion appreciated man.

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » April 24th, 2014, 1:13 pm

Cerato has lots of features but the jetta will be more fun to drive. It's faster and handles better than the cerato. The 3 has some nice features but I think the cerato still tops it for features. The 3 also has the same old engine I hear. About 109hp. Never drove it so can't say how that will translate on the new model. It will probably handle better than the cerato too. The cerato doesn't handle badly and is fun to drive in manual mode. The suspension could be firmer for hard corners but the ride is really smooth.
I've had no problems with ss service service so far but my Cerato still new. If you worried about resale buy a corolla. The Koreans are coming up in status so resale will be less of an issue in the years to come.
A lot of jetta owners are very happy with their purchase and the newer models have less problems with the transmission. They both are good value.
As Cinco said the best thing to do is check and drive both. Pick the one you'd be most happy with in years to come.

dutch2004
Street 2NR

Postby dutch2004 » April 24th, 2014, 1:15 pm

Once again thanks metalgear2095....good to hear from actually cerato owner. I like the look of the cars, mind if i ask what colour u went with...been told the car looks best in black and the red....

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » April 24th, 2014, 1:39 pm

Black. I initially choose red and changed my mind last minute. I find the black looks best at night. It's pressure to keep clean though.

dutch2004
Street 2NR

Postby dutch2004 » April 24th, 2014, 1:48 pm

Has a black rolla years ago and loved the look but agreed on pressure to maintain..slightest bump in car park or dirt from daily driving shows in a glaring way.

dogichi
Sweet on this forum

Postby dogichi » April 24th, 2014, 3:49 pm

Would recommend the Jetta first and the Cerato second. For the fun of driving you can't beat the Jetta. The Cerato gives you nice features for an acceptable cost, the ride isn't to bad. Quite a few guys on tuner have Jettas and happy with their vehicles.

dutch2004
Street 2NR

Postby dutch2004 » April 24th, 2014, 6:54 pm

Thankz dogichi

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » April 24th, 2014, 8:44 pm

Well my choice would be the Jetta for safety, security, acceptable features listing and excellent power for its class.

My 2nd choice would be the Mazda. Despite the already 11 yr old mzr 1.6 engine it surely won't be significantly slower than the cerato. Even though said cerato pretty much trumps all cars in its class features wise Kia had to employ this strategy because outside of that checklist you get a cheaply engineered box. Handling is okay if u cruise on the highway and the 1.6 engine is impressive enough.

Not sure how a Suzuki grand vitara reach in this but the 2wd 2.0 fabric model is okay for an SUV. All you get really is ground clearance and a usable boot. Other than that it's hard to justify this 9yr old design unless it's the $339k 2.4 4wd model with leather and sunroof.

Besides the Jetta, if you test drive the focus and cruze you will be surprised in fact those 2 IMO has sharper handling than the Jetta including the Mazda 3.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » April 25th, 2014, 12:35 am

Cruze lagging behind in features tho. It refused to talk to my iPhone. Salesman suggested I get a blackberry :-/

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » April 25th, 2014, 7:01 am

LSM like they refuse to bring in the fully equipped Cruze as was mentioned before. All we get is the LS basic and LT mid spec. I heard a rumour that the turbo LTZ high spec model is on its way but talk is cheap. If we get the Ecoboost Focus then I'll choose that over the Jetta because you not only have the power you're looking for but the handling to back it up and sadly the Jetta does not have this.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » April 26th, 2014, 1:08 pm

MG Man wrote:Cruze lagging behind in features tho. It refused to talk to my iPhone. Salesman suggested I get a blackberry :-/

Carlos? He could sell those Chevys to a newbie, the only good thing about those cruzes are the size and the height, I find them to be slow and the interior bland, a/c also takes a while to cool the entire vehicle

mazdabishi
Ricer

Postby mazdabishi » April 26th, 2014, 11:17 pm

2014 World Car of the Year, 298K TTD.

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2014/4/18/A ... d-7719832/

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » April 27th, 2014, 12:21 pm

hustla_ambition101 wrote:
MG Man wrote:Cruze lagging behind in features tho. It refused to talk to my iPhone. Salesman suggested I get a blackberry :-/

Carlos? He could sell those Chevys to a newbie, the only good thing about those cruzes are the size and the height, I find them to be slow and the interior bland, a/c also takes a while to cool the entire vehicle

If u find the interior is bland I sure would like to know what car/s u compared it with...please tell. Wrt the a/c I think we get the North American / European spec version with 1 fan shared with the radiator and a/c. When we inspected the company lease vehicle I also saw the cruze radiator to be small with a small fan attached to it. I also noticed that there is no radiator cap. :|
This should be brought to GM's attention since I doubt the North American cruze can fire up the a/c to blow biting cold air at surface temps slightly above 40C. Maybe they engineered the car to live in countries that snow :lol:

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » April 27th, 2014, 2:05 pm

You do know the states OFTEN gets hotter than Trinidad right?
It's called continental interior, their summers make our year round breezy tropical climate seem like Alaska.

Just saying.

Adjudicator
Street 2NR

Postby Adjudicator » April 27th, 2014, 3:06 pm

What's the insurance like for the 240k Jetta any and all answers welcome (reputable companies please)

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » April 27th, 2014, 4:23 pm

Acesinghit, most of the cars in its class minus the corolla, they bland alike. And again no need for anyone to get their jockeys in a bunch, its just my OPINION

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » April 27th, 2014, 4:39 pm

The corolla? Lol. That looks horrible inside. The deck is from the 1980's. The steering controls look like cheap crap as well.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » April 27th, 2014, 4:54 pm

jetta insurance for the first year without any no claims discounts is about 24K with colfire and guardian. I went with Gulf cause they offered 17K, thats just the first year after that it drops significantly

Red Fraction
Sweet on this forum

Postby Red Fraction » April 27th, 2014, 6:22 pm

hello im looking for a Mitsubishi Rosa, didn't see any posts regarding them and pricing.

does anyone have the price of the Mitsubishi Rosa 25 seater (think its the super long)
Was on Diamond Motors site, saw they have the 2014 Rosa but no price.

Would like to get a price on one please thank you.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”