TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby tourniquet » August 6th, 2012, 5:46 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:South buyers have to carry their vehicles up north to morvant branch of Neal n Massy where Best Auto is located.

thanks, i had a feeling that was the case :x In that case, they could keep their freaking cars :lol:

nemesis
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby nemesis » August 6th, 2012, 6:39 pm

Well, they said that was the case with Volvo also. But if you make the appointment long enough in advance you can do it in south can't you? That's what happens with Volvo, but that might just be because there are fewer so they can afford to do that.

mammoo
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mammoo » August 7th, 2012, 1:49 pm

tourniquet wrote:mammoo( :lol: ), are there any plans to bring the Amarok to trinidad?

Of course there is! We're awaiting VW Commercial to approve the contract, so we are hoping to get it by at least January 2013.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » August 7th, 2012, 2:57 pm

^^^Wow, an entire two years late.

Plz make sure you all bring some 6 speed manual and not that DSG thing you all still have to work the kinks out of.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » August 7th, 2012, 3:06 pm

:popcorn:

mammoo
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mammoo » August 7th, 2012, 3:44 pm

Habit7 wrote:^^^Wow, an entire two years late.

Plz make sure you all bring some 6 speed manual and not that DSG thing you all still have to work the kinks out of.

Bro the 6 speed manual is the only option we have right now.

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » August 7th, 2012, 9:39 pm

tourniquet wrote:
Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:South buyers have to carry their vehicles up north to morvant branch of Neal n Massy where Best Auto is located.

thanks, i had a feeling that was the case :x In that case, they could keep their freaking cars :lol:

This was/is my biggest grudge why I did not get a tiguan. Sales rep did say they were trying to get a location down south, I look forward to it tbh.

rawCpoppa
Street 2NR

Postby rawCpoppa » August 7th, 2012, 11:11 pm

kurpal_v2 wrote:
tourniquet wrote:

This was/is my biggest grudge why I did not get a tiguan. Sales rep did say they were trying to get a location down south, I look forward to it tbh.

Sales rep told me they would be in south by the beginning of this year...I no longer trust sales reps.

nemesis
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby nemesis » August 7th, 2012, 11:15 pm

I saw they had some VW's at the back of the south branch late last year. Not sure what became of it.
Either way, I'm sure they can find a way to do the service in south if you really wanted it.

mammoo
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mammoo » August 8th, 2012, 2:58 pm

Guys,

Management has been promising this to us almost 2yrs now. Every yr is next year for sure. U think we dont wanna come south to sell AND service? It is entirely up to them (Shareholders) to say when. One of our main shareholders does not want us down there due to the fact that Audi (His other company) sales will be afffected and he knows very well that VW will sell alot more than Audi. So it has been a battle on both ends. We got another promise on monday about that south showroom & service, so we're crossing our fingers again.

Yes they did give us the old Pug showroom but when Neal & Massy asked for $40k a month rental we drove right back out. So our hopes are just as great as yours. However we will keep fighting for this, cuz we are continuosly insisting.

rawCpoppa
Street 2NR

Postby rawCpoppa » August 8th, 2012, 3:25 pm

^^^ Thanks for taking the time out to explain and give background info about this. Doing this is way better than staying silent on issues and letting bad word about the business get out of hand. There are other tuner accounts related to Volkswagen TT which don't seem to respond to questions or issues and are doing your brand a disservice by staying silent. You should check the euro forum when you get a chance.

nemesis
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby nemesis » August 8th, 2012, 4:20 pm

mammoo wrote:Guys,

Management has been promising this to us almost 2yrs now. Every yr is next year for sure. U think we dont wanna come south to sell AND service? It is entirely up to them (Shareholders) to say when. One of our main shareholders does not want us down there due to the fact that Audi (His other company) sales will be afffected and he knows very well that VW will sell alot more than Audi. So it has been a battle on both ends. We got another promise on monday about that south showroom & service, so we're crossing our fingers again.

Yes they did give us the old Pug showroom but when Neal & Massy asked for $40k a month rental we drove right back out. So our hopes are just as great as yours. However we will keep fighting for this, cuz we are continuosly insisting.

Thanks for the info. That's quite a lot N&M wanted for that very small space.

However, I think you should explain to your audi shareholder that it probably will not affect his sales too much and that if he has a problem with Audi's being sold it's really much deeper than that. The only vehicle Audi sells that may be slightly affected is the A4 because of the Passat. And the people that would probably want a Passat over the A4 are obviously the ones concerned with things other than just looks and therefore would be the type to drive POS and get the right car for themselves in the first place.
As for the other Audi's? Well, consider this: how would VW really affect them when you already have the new model 5-series being sold before they land. The first week of July three 7-series got sold in the south branch....so are the A6 or A8's being marketed properly? I don't think VW would really affect those very much. Wrong category.
As a main shareholder, dude should realize he might actually make more overall by having the wider variety of vehicles available.

NorStar2K
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby NorStar2K » August 8th, 2012, 11:33 pm

In the second quarter of 2012 for the 2013 model year, Suzuki unvelied a facelifted Grand Vitara with new wheels, a new grille and front lights. This is the final facelift for this 3G model.

Here's a sneak peak (minus the fender mirror):
Attachments
2013-suzuki-escudo-01-1342112815.jpg

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » August 9th, 2012, 7:59 am

passat 1.8tsi highline is cheaper than starter a4 1.8t. It is also a larger car with equal to more features and the vw has the dsg gearbox vs the audi's cvt so licks in the performance category.
passat win.

The shareholder mammoo spoke of is a 50% owner of best auto, NM Automotive is the other 50% therefore Mr. DOB must have equal say on behalf of NM.

I support the establishment of a south office with showroom and service center and mr. share holder who pushing audi should focus more on what he and his brothers should do to improve service on a whole (from their own dealership) and find out how come a johnny come lately south korean brand could simply pass their flag ship japanese brand in sales and also why are they selling their newly launched crossover mere thousands less than a loaded audi suv. Their preference for audi and this korean brand shows so fire bun vw and zoom zoom?

nemesis
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby nemesis » August 9th, 2012, 3:55 pm

Well, actually only NOW is the Passat cheaper than the A4. Up until January this year the A4 base model was cheaper than Passat highline.
The A4's have now gone up in price past the Passat and have lost a few features, but they are now 8-sp non-cvt..so that's kind of good. Plus, keep in mind that when the A4's had the CVT they were still 0.5s faster to 60mph than the Passat, and the new A4's are quoted at 0.2s faster than the outgoing model, so not sure where that 'licks in performance' idea coming from.
If you drive both chances are there are many things to prefer in the A4. Other than if you need the extra interior space of the Passat, or shopping mainly with a very precise price point.
Either way, I totally disagree with holding back on selling one brand just to hope it makes another sell more. That will just make some the people who know to leave out that company completely when they consider a new car just because of what they're doing. Some will sell easier than others yes, but you should at least offer all the options you have.

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » August 9th, 2012, 8:37 pm

Audi A4 1.8T 170ps and 320Nm 0-62mph in 8.3s
Volkswagen Passat 1.8TSI 160ps and 250Nm 0-62mph in 8.5s
Volkswagen Jetta 1.4TSI 160ps and 240Nm 0-62mph in 8.3s :P

That Passat will be on that Audi's behind all the way to the top thanks to the advantage of the twin clutch as you can see, the DSG advantage shows in the acceleration numbers where the heavier and less powerful passat is pretty much even with a more powerful and lighter A4.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » August 9th, 2012, 9:06 pm

Where are you getting those figures?

The 1.8T in the Audi is the same one in the Passat. Torque is 250 Nm. Same engine in the skoda Octavia as well. That 320 Nm figure is for the 2.0 TFSI engine. You right though. All these are evenly matched. I always look at a4 badges saying 2.0T before I attempt to beat up :D

nemesis
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby nemesis » August 9th, 2012, 9:11 pm

They're not evenly matched. I guarantee you that. Line them up and see!
I think the Jetta will be off the line best, but lose in a long run. Those Passats have nice figures on paper but go pretty much nowhere. Even the 2.0T was rather slow.
Anyway, call it what you will. If they ever do bring VW to south the Cross will be directly between the two dealerships and we'll find out. :)

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » August 9th, 2012, 9:21 pm

I'd take an a4 over the passat with the same engine. Don't like the styling on the passat.

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » August 9th, 2012, 9:38 pm

allergic i won't pull random figures off my head....the new refreshed a4 1.8t got a bump in output to 168hp (170ps) and 320Nm of torque. My source? The RHD Australian market website.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » August 9th, 2012, 10:17 pm

Ok. I find the 0-60 times strange as the previous engine with 250 Nm posts the same 0-60. Me thinks there is a mistake as the more powerful engine in a car with relatively the same weight should be faster than that and don't think the Passat will be keeping up with it as much.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » August 9th, 2012, 10:24 pm

Nevermind. Just downloaded uk brochure.

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » August 10th, 2012, 7:48 am

^^^^^u see how useless the multitronic is? Even with more HP and Torque it couldn't 'help' launch the car properly.

Ever wondered why those Lancer GLX INVECS 111 CVT couldn't keep pace with the older Lancer CK4 INVECS 11?

What about the Wingroad Y12 with the XTRONIC CVT vs the Y11 with the e-atx 4-speed? Y11's will dust off those Y12's.

CVT is a waste.

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » August 10th, 2012, 11:43 am

what price range looking at for the new vitara and when is it going to land?

any word if ford is bringing the escape next year? heard they'll be bringing the kuga

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » August 10th, 2012, 11:44 am

also anyone with reviews on the new tiguan?

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » August 10th, 2012, 4:02 pm

acesinghit wrote:^^^^^u see how useless the multitronic is? Even with more HP and Torque it couldn't 'help' launch the car properly.

Ever wondered why those Lancer GLX INVECS 111 CVT couldn't keep pace with the older Lancer CK4 INVECS 11?

What about the Wingroad Y12 with the XTRONIC CVT vs the Y11 with the e-atx 4-speed? Y11's will dust off those Y12's.

CVT is a waste.

People buy lancer and wingroad to dust off?

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » August 10th, 2012, 4:42 pm

metalgear2095 wrote:
acesinghit wrote:^^^^^u see how useless the multitronic is? Even with more HP and Torque it couldn't 'help' launch the car properly.

CVT is a waste.

People buy lancer and wingroad to dust off?

Men will try to dust off in anything. ANYTHING.

acesinghit I dunno if it just has to do with the CVT. Maybe they have a different map now too for better acceleration at higher speeds? I wouldn't beat it unless I test drove it and could say for sure.

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » August 10th, 2012, 6:02 pm

worksux101 wrote:also anyone with reviews on the new tiguan?

My best advice for you, take a test drive with it. I read countless reviews ( look at the UK reviews not the US), looked at vids on youtube etc and when I actually gave the van a go I found half the issues noted online neglectable.

My only fiddle with the van was the peddles which come up from the floor and not from under the dash like Im accustomed to. Something I think was worth adjusting to.

nemesis
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby nemesis » August 10th, 2012, 6:09 pm

CVT is a waste.

New A4's don't carry the old CVT again. It's the 8sp something now. Don't know model number of tranny though.
Drive it and try it nah. While moving it'll be a totally diff story than you might think.
Anyway, it's a matter of personal taste in the end I guess.

What is to "dust off?"

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » August 10th, 2012, 7:43 pm

I typed knowing I would eventually get pong lol.....the question is if SS is getting the A4 with the increased output and 8-speed?? Is the price still at $340k?

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”