TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

TriniGT's Project R32 GTR - Fuel Setup On The Way!!!

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Re: TriniGT's Project R32 GTR - Fuel Setup On The Way!!!

Postby TriniGT » July 6th, 2014, 10:21 am

Thanks for the comments people, now back to the GTR, while waiting on the bulkhead fittings and some other stuff to come in I picked these up as I am thinking to keep this car as a nice responsive road car so for now at least the big single is a no go.
Immediately from the pictures you can see the top pipe has been cut and fully divided which is a common mod done to help proper flow from the turbos. Also, there are HKS actuators, stainless steel manifolds, more than likely an HKS setup along with the collector pipes. Propblem with the collectors are that the divided setup pipes are small so I may use the non-divided R34 OEM collectors. and port match both turbo to manifold ports along with the head-to-gasket-to-mani ports. Downpipe may also not be used as I have a Nismo Midori as well as an even bigger no name brand so I will decide at some point if back pressure poses a problem.

I also have HKS MAP type intake pipes somewhere around so I will locate and clean and have them ready for drop-in day. My only issue at this point now is the regulator setup, I have a huge Nismo regulator but I am not sure if it is a -6AN or -8AN setup. I want to run a -6AN from the center of the rail to the regulator and then a -8AN from the bottom of the regulator to my swirl tank as the lines already run. Will have to do some research.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » July 6th, 2014, 11:18 am

These are the two regulators, will measure the ID and see what the nismo comes up to.

kevin5211
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kevin5211 » July 6th, 2014, 1:58 pm

Inside for an epic build

Bezman
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Bezman » July 6th, 2014, 3:11 pm

Twin gt2530r's?

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » July 6th, 2014, 4:13 pm

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » July 6th, 2014, 4:14 pm

Bezman wrote:Twin gt2530r's?

Yeah Bez, looking for a responsive 450-500HP and I cool. Just confirmed that the ID for the Nismo Regulator is -8AN, just need to get the proper braided fitting to thread on to it.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » September 8th, 2014, 8:45 pm

Small update, installed the rear subframe with differential, also installed the axles with Nismo lower control arms, iKeya Traction rods and temporarily Nismo upper camber arms until my Cusco adjustable RUCAS are finish blasting. I will prime them and paint them in a stealth black to keep it simple. The cusco hicas eliminator kit was a bit shoddy so I got the brackets blasted and primed and painted in some duplicolor metalcast blue I had, came up ok but may spray everything black. My rear subframe has nismo subframe bushings, diff bushings and I have all replacement nismo bushings standby for the spare knuckles that have already blasted. Once the car is all settled I will then swap them out. I rerouted the handbrake cables after the subframe was reinforced like what I did the silvia's and also installed the driveshaft.

Next plan is to wait for the Project Mu rear rotors and ETS setup to come in to install the rear brembos and braided lines. As for the fuel setup I have since ordered a Turbosmart FPR as they are available in a -8AN option (FPR 2000). So I can run twin feed -6AN to the sides of the rail and -8AN from the rail to the regulator and back to the swirl tank. Now from the swirl tank I have to run a return to the standard fuel tank. I have the custom fuel tank cover so will be ordering a bulkhead five pin fitting to wire the fuel pump and the float mechanism, I have bulkhead fittings for both the -8AN return and also the -6AN supply. The supply will fill the swirl tank and then supply fuel to the twin external Bosch unit.

My only issue is the location for installation behind the back seat is blocked a little by the Cusco rear strut so I will use a thin aluminum plate and use washers to level the surface to install the swirl tank and pumps. The return will need to run on one side of the strut and the rest of the lines to the other side. Engine will be brought to the front so that I can remove the sump once again and drill the sump holes bigger and tap the top of the sump for two catchcan ports. Will then refit and then start bolting on the new turbo setup with custom braided lines and install the clutch, still thinking to go with a twin disc setup instead of the triple but we'll see. Pics to follow this coming weekend, should have a little more time.

javishm
punchin NOS

Postby javishm » September 9th, 2014, 3:25 am

Nice. Keep it coming man

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » September 13th, 2014, 8:41 pm

Cusco rear Upper Control Arms before some love, joints are in awesome condition.
Blasted Cusco Hicas Brackets
Gray Primer and Metalcast Duplicolor Blue
Primed and painted brackets, thinking to put them in all black to keep everything stealthy.
Redid some Tension Rods I had, may also redo these in black
Order Russel fittings and Turbosmart FPR 2000 regulator as only a few regulators give you the -8AN return setup and to keep with the black and silver theme in the engine bay everything looks a treat.
Turbosmart FPR 2000,
Went by Nick (Tuner Imports) and picked up hopefully the last three AN fittings, these are for the end of the braided lines that fit to the bottom of the bulkheads under the car to the rear by the trunk area.

That's it for now, hoping for some more updates tomorrow when work commences!!!

Conrad
punchin NOS

Postby Conrad » September 13th, 2014, 9:09 pm

King of JDM!

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » September 17th, 2014, 1:07 pm

Thought was me alone used to use "Harris" paints to do car parts in.

turbosingh
punchin NOS

Postby turbosingh » September 17th, 2014, 1:21 pm

moti wrote:Thought was me alone used to use "Harris" paints to do car parts in.

Harris does get the job done for the price :D

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » September 17th, 2014, 2:50 pm

moti wrote:Thought was me alone used to use "Harris" paints to do car parts in.

Harris makin ankle grinder disc?

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » September 17th, 2014, 3:45 pm

yuh mammy

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » September 18th, 2014, 7:30 am

Cinco, that is a bigger project, a 4Y Hilux that needs a lot of time and love, was one of two ole work-horses.

Anyway a little update as I have put some attention elsewhere for now. I decided to drop the front subframe and redo it as some areas had surface rust from being blasted and not treated and primed. It came up okay and same time I did the front lower arms and attached the new inner ball joints.

Subframe,
Front lower arms,
New OEM Inner Ball joint fitted,
OEM bits, inner and outer ball joints and hicas boot rubbers,

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » December 7th, 2014, 8:18 pm

It's been a while and not much has change, I started to do some work on the engine, dropped out the sump and got two AN fittings welded in for the catch can, trick it it needs to be high than the oil level.
Then I tackled the sloppy steering column bushing,
Old bushing removed,
Aluminum Bushing installed,
Got my Aeromotive fittings, most important are the one way valves at both ends of the fuel rail
I then tackled the HKS 2530s, the rear turbo was quite stiff to turn, I removed both compressor and turbine housings and soaked the CHRA with some purple blaster. After some time and washing and compressed air the CHRA is spinning freely. Both turbos are ready for install, I mocked up the rear and made some alterations to the mounting. I am at the point of figuring out how to route the new braided turbo lines. If anyone has done this I don't mind some help. I enlargened the Tomei gaskets holes on the rethreaded exhaust studs that seem to be stripped and I also secured the two HKS stainless steel manifolds into place for the last time. Once the braided lines are done then I will install the turbos with some new lock washers. Next weekend I should have much more updates.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » December 8th, 2014, 9:23 pm

Exhaust side taking shape, tried using the new braided lines but those ebay sets are not what they should be, needless to say, out with the new and in with the old. First disassembled them all and thoroughly cleaned them for properly flow and looks as well. Final fitment of the HKS manifolds, HKS 2530s and the HKS collector pipes with HKS internal wastegates. Only thing that needs adjusting is the front turbo oil return as the line seems a little kinked, it's too sharp a bend causing the kink.

smell
3NE 2NR for life

Postby smell » December 9th, 2014, 8:20 am

Factory hard lines any day for me!

Conrad
punchin NOS

Postby Conrad » December 9th, 2014, 8:36 am

Coming together great.

What was wrong with the ebay lines? I had found the one I bought the line itself was great but the fittings were inadequate. Once it was matched up with some Earl fittings it was set though.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » December 9th, 2014, 7:08 pm

Well luck would have it that one of the exhaust manifold studs was stripped. I had to remove the rear turbo setup and luck that I did, when I took off the turbo from the manifold I had stuff a cloth in the manifold and forgot to remove it. With it playing on my mind I removed the front turbo setup and double-checked it as well. I then got a longer exhaust stud and threaded it further in the head to catch proper threading further in and it worked well, refitted the manifolds and turbos and all is well just need to sort the front turbo oil return hose. As for the standard turbo lines yes they work well once cleaned thoroughly, I soaked and cleaned them a lot after which I will run proper coolant to help with lubricating all the fittings and sensors.

I also then paid some attention to the intake manifold again, I decided to strip it again as I didn't like the finish on it. I am at a loss as to what colour scheme to go with so I am online thinking of the combo, so far my theme is black/chrome/silver but the valve covers I am thinking will be something different. I may do the intake manifold in wrinkle black and wrinkly purple or something for the covers. Next step is the intake side, I have new silicone hoses to replace the weathered OEM ones and already replaced some of the hard metal fittings with new ones. A new Nismo thermostat will be fitted and then I will get started on the clutch setup and gearbox which needs a lot of cleaning. Updates this weekend, GTiR will also get some engine bay work as well.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » December 9th, 2014, 7:13 pm

Conrad wrote:Coming together great.

What was wrong with the ebay lines? I had found the one I bought the line itself was great but the fittings were inadequate. Once it was matched up with some Earl fittings it was set though.

The lines are fine but not the right length and the hardline fittings are not the right orientation. I will incorpoate them between the GTR and the GTiR somehow. I also landed an HKS 3.5" exhaust, front abflug style front lip and a new cage which should all land next year. By then I should have the car up and running and in full swing.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » December 9th, 2014, 7:30 pm

So

rb26 fully built with a pair of big boy turbos
proper fuel setup
bess suspension
bess chassis

LAWD
Last edited by Ted_v2 on December 9th, 2014, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » December 9th, 2014, 7:52 pm

Well I want to have it all functional and also as time went on I found upgraded stuff to replace almost everything. I hate myself and my pocket.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » January 4th, 2015, 11:33 pm

Well some small updates, fitted the turbo water and oil lines and vacuum lines also.
Turbo Side pretty much done just need to alter the front turbo oil return and it is fouling on the compressor housing.
Fitting Replacement Silicone Hoses
50mm Individual Throttle Bodies and trimmed Tomei Metal Intake Gaskets with a sliver of silicone to ensure a tight seal
Couldn't decide on a colour for the intake manifold and didn't want to chance chroming it so I did a quick polish for now and installed it,
Tomei Fuel Rail and 1000CC Injectors,
Alternator pre cleaning, since took a wirebrush to it, will use more on it again.
Front End Shot, missing timing belt and new OEM idler pulley and then timing belt cover and Greddy Clear Cam Gear cover.
Polished Intake Manifold again, will put some more elbow into it when I have some time,

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » January 5th, 2015, 5:57 pm

Keep the updates coming

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » February 1st, 2015, 9:27 pm

Finally got the new tensioner pulley and OEM Timing Belt. Installed them both today and did the timing belt today on my own, was a big step for me as I don't tackle this kinda job, but I did it. Next is to button up some small lines and then install the clutch and fit gearbox and install for the last time in the engine. You can see the ATi Damper also installed, finally getting some time to install my stash of goodies, an ATi RH9 Damper for engines pushing around 500HP.
You can see the beast in the back waiting to stretch its wings,

DriveLine retailers
Street 2NR

Postby DriveLine retailers » February 3rd, 2015, 2:13 pm

full of win.....

Conrad
punchin NOS

Postby Conrad » February 3rd, 2015, 2:14 pm

Can't wait to see it moving under it's own power.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » February 3rd, 2015, 2:17 pm

wow...

Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Picasso » February 6th, 2015, 6:59 am

Coming along nice bro.. What else is on the todo list ? lol

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”