TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

TriniGT's Project R32 GTR - Fuel Setup On The Way!!!

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Re: TriniGT's Project R34 GT FOUR

Postby TriniGT » May 24th, 2012, 8:22 am

I got it from a fella in Germany. For the price of it used from him scrapping I could not go wrong, can easily supply for a 1200HP setup.

turbohead
18 pounds of Boost

Postby turbohead » May 24th, 2012, 9:13 pm

i did one while at peak performance on a rx7, it was a crazy setup, 3 bosch 255lph pumps steel braided from each tank to engine and back, all mounted and still able to access spare tyre, i have a picture of it i would post it up, also did one on a evo7 wit a first time use of a electronic fuel switch valve, no more running to the back to switch between pump and race gas... also used it to switch between high/low boost...dat evo was a very interesting project for me, i kinda miss those days.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » May 25th, 2012, 6:55 am

Cool whenever you get a chance post up some pics, it is all good knowledge at the end of the day.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » May 25th, 2012, 11:15 am

some inspiration - local r34 GT-S iirc

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » May 25th, 2012, 11:36 am

Not seeing the last pic but it may be block by proxy. Will check it later. I have an aluminum plate to fit the swirl pot and pumps to and then have that attached to the side trunk flooring. Once I start we'll see how it goes. Where is the cheapest place to get -6AN and -8AN braided lines? PM me people.

.:PROZAC:..
punchin NOS

Postby .:PROZAC:.. » May 25th, 2012, 1:33 pm

are you good with AN fittings?
I challenged my self to learn and watched all the earls online vids on their youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/EarlsStoreOne

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » May 25th, 2012, 1:39 pm

Yeah well I will have to learn as well, think main thing is to cut and fit proper one time.

200sx
Trinituner Peong

Postby 200sx » May 26th, 2012, 7:19 pm

That's right Jason! The cut is very important! Get the correct length with the mid point! Wrap masking tape tightly around! Re measure! The mark should be at the centre of the tape! I used a chop saw! Cut real clean!

Ps: b careful of the sides! These stainless wires stick like needles! Lol!

Did some work on the Gtr! Had to change an inch! Lol!

Conrad
punchin NOS

Postby Conrad » May 26th, 2012, 7:33 pm

^build thread or lie.

Monster 101
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Monster 101 » May 27th, 2012, 3:38 am

16 cycles wrote:Image

some inspiration - local r34 GT-S iirc

saw this in a white r34 skyline.......
the install bess!!!!
it mad..........:)

speedaholic
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedaholic » May 28th, 2012, 12:36 am

i know i late.. but subscribed......! excellent work so far man... please dont sell this one!

yakuza
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby yakuza » May 28th, 2012, 6:18 am

What's the ID of the 26 ITB's? (in mm please)

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » May 28th, 2012, 7:53 am

Stock ID on the ITB setup is 45mm, the ones I have are 50mm. I may be putting up the GT four for sale this week as I may be able to get something suitable and easier to wire the engine into. Details to follow. Wish me luck.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » May 28th, 2012, 10:28 pm

Picked up these today,

turbohead
18 pounds of Boost

Postby turbohead » May 28th, 2012, 10:47 pm

those steel braided lines are beyotches and sticks like madness,lol.. wen using the chop saw dont go to fast otherwise it wouldnt cut good, go rell slow.

turbohead
18 pounds of Boost

Postby turbohead » May 28th, 2012, 11:48 pm

dis is the rx i did the work on...

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » July 4th, 2012, 7:52 am

Well it's been a while since I updated but here goes, after three days of having the GT Four for sale a buyer came and swept it away :(. So now I had the task of looking for a replacement candidate, for me the ideal thing would be an R32 GTR, so the hunt started. I came across a couple and finally found one that needed some work but was ideal cause the front was already stripped as the engine was out for repairs. Problem was that I had to purchase everything together, so I made a downpayment and over the past month secured the car. Reason I went with an R32 GTR is that it is cheaper and I lover the look and to me is one of the true Godzilla eras of the GTR. Anyway, updates since then, not much really, it is by the painter and I am currently looking for some items to begin the overhaul on the car.

Things that need immediate addressing are the door trimming needs replacing, need to acquire new front and rear windscreen moldings and finishers (they are really expensive new coming in at around $500-600US for everything but may have to get it) I may go this route as I won't mind removing the front and rear windscreens in an effort to get a better prep and ultimately a better spray job. Right no the only thing I am looking for locally is the two uper door finishers, I am guessing both GTS and GTR should be the same, they are easily removed so will begin the hunt. I have already ordered a couple of items to make the car a little unique, namely an Abflug Carbon Rear diffuser, hopefully a carbon front bonnet and also carbon ganador mirrors. For the engine all that I am waiting on are some Tomei Metal gaskets as porting the stock gaskets has proven a real task without damaging them. Once I get them in hand then I can port them and mount up the intake and turbo sides, install the clutch and install and set the timing belt properly and then that should be it for now for the engine.
Here is the car currently, thanks kev for the pics.
Here you can see where the upper door trim is falling apart and will need to be replaced

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » July 4th, 2012, 8:05 am

looking beautiful....

punchin NOS

Postby .:PROZAC:.. » July 4th, 2012, 8:18 am

You've done some impossible things, namely the S15 conversion.If in your estimation the R34 swap was too difficult then you made the right move. so tell me J, this R32 was a locally registered one and you had to but the engine that was out. Was it already rebuilt. I'd scarcely think it was anywhere close to the nature of the one you have.

Please also lookup rightdrive.ca they stock alot of new R32 oem parts since they also import and sell cars and ship internationally.

turbosingh
punchin NOS

Postby turbosingh » July 4th, 2012, 8:33 am

Jason i jealous :shocked!: Let me know wen yuh taking out the rear brakes!

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » July 4th, 2012, 8:34 am

So far my favourite no nonsense colour,
Black,
[img]

punchin NOS

Postby .:PROZAC:.. » July 4th, 2012, 8:59 am

Actually know the Last R32, toronto local but registered in quebec.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » July 4th, 2012, 9:01 am

.:PROZAC:.. wrote:You've done some impossible things, namely the S15 conversion.If in your estimation the R34 swap was too difficult then you made the right move. so tell me J, this R32 was a locally registered one and you had to but the engine that was out. Was it already rebuilt. I'd scarcely think it was anywhere close to the nature of the one you have.

Please also lookup rightdrive.ca they stock alot of new R32 oem parts since they also import and sell cars and ship internationally.

Yeah locally registered, plan of course is to swap in the engine I have, I sold some of the engine already so bit by bit I am recouping cost. I will also check them to find out the cost of some of the OEM items I am after. Watch this space.

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » July 4th, 2012, 9:20 am

That's the diffuser I have at home staring at it. I am so confused looking at all the colours.

Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Picasso » July 4th, 2012, 10:26 pm

Man if you only sell this car b4 or after you done with it and eh really have fun with it I WILL FIND YOU NO MATTER WHAT!! lol

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Re: TriniGT's Project R32 GTR

Postby TriniGT » July 5th, 2012, 7:48 am

Don't think I selling this one, spoke with wifee and told her this is it no more car business for a while, selling the silvia and the legacy, already sold the R34 GT four so now it's Forester daily and GTR weekend prowler. Will be comfortable with a 600HP street car, not looking for no 800-100HP beast as then gearbox will need some work and pocket does not have it for this car, and besides I not going transmission on this, maybe a getrag six speed but that's it. BTW, PROZAC, the engine parts were already purchased so had to buy Manley rods, Wiseco pistons, ACL bearings and headgasket as well with the package. Since then I sold the long snout crank, bearings, rods and pistons. Have a complete head with turbos and downpipe, and a bare block machined to 20thou with girdle all sitting here in excellent condition.

Shio
Sweet on this forum

Postby Shio » July 5th, 2012, 8:02 am

pbn registration?

turbosingh
punchin NOS

Postby turbosingh » July 5th, 2012, 8:34 am

Hold this...
Attachments
Heat Treatments 2011-2.jpg
Heat Treatments 2011-3.jpg
Heat Treatments and Godzilla.jpg

Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Picasso » July 5th, 2012, 5:41 pm

TriniGT wrote:Don't think I selling this one, spoke with wifee and told her this is it no more car business for a while, selling the silvia and the legacy, already sold the R34 GT four so now it's Forester daily and GTR weekend prowler. Will be comfortable with a 600HP street car, not looking for no 800-100HP beast as then gearbox will need some work and pocket does not have it for this car, and besides I not going transmission on this, maybe a getrag six speed but that's it. BTW, PROZAC, the engine parts were already purchased so had to buy Manley rods, Wiseco pistons, ACL bearings and headgasket as well with the package. Since then I sold the long snout crank, bearings, rods and pistons. Have a complete head with turbos and downpipe, and a bare block machined to 20thou with girdle all sitting here in excellent condition.

600hp is not bad for a street car.. Will be in a nice bracket in Drags and Drag and wine/ Dex.
Glad you found this one.. Think I got a pic of it on my phone. Will send you it on whatsapp

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » July 7th, 2012, 9:28 pm

My predicament,
Or,

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”