TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Does anyone know any good racing schools here in TT?

Official Solodex Forum -
Please visit www.carstt.com for more info on Autocross (aka Solodex)

Moderators: CarsTT, CARSTT SoloDex, 3ne2nr Mods

kimanihinds868
Riding on 13's

Does anyone know any good racing schools here in TT?

Postby kimanihinds868 » March 6th, 2013, 9:30 pm

id like to get actively involved in motor sports, preferably circuit racing or solodex so if anyone could link me on a good school or course( i dont mean a track) id appreciate the help thanx :)

NLVA200
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: Does anyone know any good racing schools here in TT?

Postby NLVA200 » March 7th, 2013, 8:49 am

Only one place to do Solodex (now called Autocross) and you're in the right forum for it. Next event is March 17th at the Arima Race Club Car Park.

whizpig
Sweet on this forum

Postby whizpig » March 9th, 2013, 7:33 am

C.A.R.S. Autocross is good driving school for those interested in motorsport that involves more than just a straight line, (karting should be good too, but i doh know how much they do with respect to instructing, its also kinda expensive compared to autocross).

C.A.R.S. hosts several driving schools/BYCC days (BYCC = Bring Your Car and Come, basically practice days) through out the year, usually like 4 of them. They Usually consist of a classroom type session in the morning, followed by practicals in the afternoon. The practical portion may taken on different forms but it all an excellent opportunity for beginners to get there feet wet, and at any point beginners can feel free to ask more experienced drivers for advice, or even to do a ride along.

Ok so the next event is on the 17th or March, its the first competition event for the year, may not be the best time for a beginner to start, unless you're the type of person that likes to jump in head first, but its still a great opportunity to come to the event, observe yuh might learn something, talk to people ask questions, and if there is time at the end of the event there are fun runs on the course. Please do not misunderstand me, you can infact join and start competing on the 17th, i just prefer to start with a driving school event.

and to help you on your way to motorsport success, here is a link to a vid we made of a previous driving school that does a pretty good job of covering the basics from the perspective of one of the clubs most successful and experienced drivers Devi Nath viewtopic.php?f=28&t=456986

and here is the first of a series of video tutorials on autocross that i found on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRhTUf9iaG4

I look forward to seeing you at the next event :)

kimanihinds868
Riding on 13's

Postby kimanihinds868 » March 16th, 2013, 2:25 pm

thanks alot for the help man :D i look forward to it too

Mr. Fixables
Trinituner Peong

Postby Mr. Fixables » April 17th, 2013, 10:54 am

If you are going to start in Solodex, definitely seek out an experienced driver and let him/her "coach" you through the day. Your learning curve will be much greater that way. It will also be a huge boost to know you have improved from run to run.

Kirk

Advertisement

Return to “CARS - Autocross (Solodex)”