TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Championship Points system for 2k7

Official Solodex Forum -
Please visit www.carstt.com for more info on Autocross (aka Solodex)

Moderators: CarsTT, CARSTT SoloDex, 3ne2nr Mods

Racefan
CARS Member

Championship Points system for 2k7

Postby Racefan » August 28th, 2006, 10:34 am

Some have argued that the Championship pts system currently employed leaves a lot to be desired especially wrt the briefing pts and their impact on the championship. Can you guys suggest a workable alternative that we can discuss at the next 1/4ly mtg.
For now we use the Canadian approach based on times relative to the winner in each class. The Americans (SCCA) and many others use points based on placing and ignores the time element. Here are 2 examples:

Points will be awarded for ALL events as follows:

Three points for starting an event.
Points for finish position in class:
1st Place 12 Points
2nd Place 9 Points
3rd Place 7 Points
4th Place 6 Points
5th Place 5 Points
6th Place 4 Points
7th Place 3 Points
8th Place 2 Points
9th Place 1 Point
Plus one point for each car starting in class that does not finish ahead of you (in events, not in championship)
Another version is:
1st: 15 points
2nd: 12 points
3rd: 10 points
4th: 8 points
5th: 6 points
6th: 5 points
7th: 4 points
8th: 3 points
9th: 2 points
10th:1 point

One additional point can be awarded to the driver setting the Fastest time of the day, or the fastest time in each run? So 4 extra pts can be awarded for the day.

We can also reduce the briefing pts from 10 to ?

Instead of just complaining, let us come up with something that we can suggest for 2k7 and beyond.

Comments/Suggestions?

Mini
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Championship Points system for 2k7

Postby Mini » August 28th, 2006, 11:42 am

Plus one point for each car starting in class that does not finish ahead of you (in events, not in championship)

I think you lost me there

lemme see if I understand this point

if I win a class I get 12 points (+3 for starting an event)... but if there are say 6 cars in the class besides mine, I can get and additional 6 points?

So what about the people in classes with only 2 cars?

Racefan
CARS Member

Postby Racefan » August 28th, 2006, 11:53 am

Hey, I did not make the rules, these were copied from the net.
But yes you are correct in the pts allocation.
That means you get more championship pts for winning or just competing on a day when there are more competitors as opposed to when there are less.
Does that make sense,,,for us?
Might it encourage ppl to bring along more competition in their class which helps the sport grow? Yes.
But newcommers who should run in the NE class may elect to run in your class so you get the extra pts.
We would need to control this by a rule.
But its all positive and "workable" I think.
I am also sure if ppl search the net for championship pts systems we can come up with something better (or just different) than we have now which we can vote on.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » August 28th, 2006, 1:18 pm

The Trinidad and Tobago Sailing Association uses a system which has provisions up to I think 16 competitors for points to be awarded to each. Minimum # of competitors making up a class is 3 and ya have a breakdown of how many points each competitor would get based on the # of registered boats.

I could try to scan the listing and post it here some time this week.

However, I think the system we have now makes everything much more interesting cuz the points are so close once the competitors finish close to one another in time.

Advertisement

Return to “CARS - Autocross (Solodex)”