TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

WTK: Drivers?

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

dumbkid

WTK: Drivers?

Postby dumbkid » June 24th, 2012, 3:23 pm

I've had some typical small systems, looking for something larger now and i'm looking into drivers. However i know close to nothing about their function and proper use. Any information would be an asset. Thanks.

-Roach-
12 pounds of Boost

Re: WTK: Drivers?

Postby -Roach- » June 24th, 2012, 5:42 pm

Depends On What 'Larger' Means.... What You Plan On Running For Midrange, Bass etc... And What Amps Would Be Used...

If You're Looking For Drivers That Can Give A Decent Heights You Can Go With The Selenium 220Ti.... They Are Really Clean As Well... Price Is Like $375+ Per Driver And $50 Per Small Square Flare...

If You're Looking For Something A Little Cleaner And Louder You Can Buy The RCF ND350... They Are Around $1200 Per Driver Without Flare.... But They Sound Excellent!...

a little louder
Street 2NR

Postby a little louder » June 24th, 2012, 5:44 pm

dumbkid

Postby dumbkid » June 24th, 2012, 9:46 pm

-Roach- wrote:Depends On What 'Larger' Means.... What You Plan On Running For Midrange, Bass etc... And What Amps Would Be Used...

If You're Looking For Drivers That Can Give A Decent Heights You Can Go With The Selenium 220Ti.... They Are Really Clean As Well... Price Is Like $375+ Per Driver And $50 Per Small Square Flare...

If You're Looking For Something A Little Cleaner And Louder You Can Buy The RCF ND350... They Are Around $1200 Per Driver Without Flare.... But They Sound Excellent!...

Alright, back to square one... I tried to google this but i got it in context i didn't quite grasp, ignore my screen name, it was meant to be a joke.. Anyway a driver does what? Also why is the flare attached, can it be used without one? I really don't want large horn like things on my dash.. ruins the look of the car.

The equipment im planning to use is still debatable until I shop around more and find a good installer to properly advise me before i do shizzz

ChristianRD
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ChristianRD » June 24th, 2012, 10:21 pm

dumbkid wrote:
-Roach- wrote:Depends On What 'Larger' Means.... What You Plan On Running For Midrange, Bass etc... And What Amps Would Be Used...

Alright, back to square one... I tried to google this but i got it in context i didn't quite grasp, ignore my screen name, it was meant to be a joke.. Anyway a driver does what? Also why is the flare attached, can it be used without one? I really don't want large horn like things on my dash.. ruins the look of the car.

The equipment im planning to use is still debatable until I shop around more and find a good installer to properly advise me before i do shizzz

Again you asked a technical question Roach gave you the equivalent of "broscience".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compression_driver
A compression driver is a type of loudspeaker driver which uses the technique of "compression" to achieve high efficiencies. In this context compression refers to the fact that the area of the loudspeaker diaphragm is significantly larger than the aperture through which the sound is radiated. Compression Drivers are most commonly used in high sound pressure level applications. They are normally used in conjunction with acoustical horns. Horn-loaded Compression Drivers can achieve extremely high efficiencies compared to direct-radiating loudspeakers. They are almost universally used for high frequency reproduction in high power sound reinforcement loudspeakers.

dumbkid

Postby dumbkid » June 24th, 2012, 11:18 pm

Ah K, that i understand, Thanks. Any suggestions on flare placement...

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”