TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

advice on fixin up 05 corolla

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

TRDcorolla
Riding on 18's

advice on fixin up 05 corolla

Postby TRDcorolla » December 9th, 2007, 9:20 pm

i got a nzfe and i wanan go faster, any 1 got any advice, i was thinking
cool air intake
headers
and doin over exhaust from manifold to a 3'' pipe ( i want it to sound like a beast)
but got a tight budget any 1 got any advice on wat i sld do and where to buy from ?

linker
3NE 2NR for life

Postby linker » February 14th, 2008, 7:40 am

do not go with 3" pipe. that diameter is too big... the exhaust gases would lose back pressure and you would lose power as the gases would not be able to exit as efficiently.. advice: go with 2" pipes. Once you take out the catalytic converter and exchange the stock barrel for an free flow, you will get an increase in the noise... please install a resonator where the cat was, else you would get a lot of noice inside the car.

you can get a cold air intake for it, i have a short ram by K&N, the temp does be around 30 degrees celcius as it in the engine bay, the cold air should position behind the front bumper to pull cooler air from outside, just make sure and place it where it would not get wet... drdrouter has one installed in his corolla.. you cud talk to him about it.

once you upgrade the intake and exhaust you shud see an increase in acceleration and throttle response.. albeit it may not be dramatic... also you would be buying more gas....

there is not much you can do with these engines "fe".. not built for racing... you can always spend money and swap the engine for a higher capacity like a 1.8... like a 2zz... but then you would have to consider upgrading the brakes which is more money...

just do the intake and exhaust, that will cost you over $5000 right there if you do it professionally...
intake is about $2400, K&N (US$200+)
exhaust about another $2000,with flex pipe and a good barrel, just not that it would not be mandrel bends as i eh know ne one here doing those kinds.
headers, you can check imraj in south, i eh do mine yet, but that might be another $2000

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”