TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Rav4 Music Setup

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

RuffNeck
Street 2NR

Rav4 Music Setup

Postby RuffNeck » January 30th, 2008, 9:06 am

Wus the bess setup of music for a Rav4.
Don't want to have it overwhelmed with amplifiers, crossovers and speaker boxes.
Want to keep it stock with the music where it supposed to be (not visible) but sounding really impressive and clean.

Let me know whqat your ideas are from choice of deck to choice of speakers and power output.

The van is wifey's but lacking some music luxury.

sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby sweeks » January 30th, 2008, 10:14 am

Talk to SR

xtrail
Street 2NR

Postby xtrail » February 2nd, 2008, 8:00 am

you've got many options.

1. change the factory headunit. You will need a dash trim kit depending on which model rav4 you've got. These are easy to get online(amazon) or SR can get them for you. There is also a standard toyota wiring harness adapter so you dont need to cut any wires.

You may like this as the factory speakers will perform better with a better h/u. But it would most likely distort at higher volume.

2. do 1. plus change the door speakers. The rav4 uses 6 1/2's. Components to the front and coaxials to the rear are fairly easy to install. Coaxials to the front can also work but the components can be used in front to improve staging. Try to get a good seal when installing the speakers. I 'scrapped' my original(plastic frame) 2007 rav4 speakers and used the original riser to simple screw on aftermarket 6 1/2's.

3. do 1+2 and install a good 5-channel amp. There are many on this forum-crossfire, directed, interfire, mtx, etc. Wiring this in a rav4 is easier because most panels are 'snap-fit'. A single 10 or 12in sub in a sealed box will not take up much space and make that rav4 shake.

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”