TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

AE101/111 Interior + Power Steering Question for AE80 Sedan

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Crazymofo
3NE 2NR for life

AE101/111 Interior + Power Steering Question for AE80 Sedan

Postby Crazymofo » February 10th, 2008, 6:47 pm

I have a bone stock manual 1.3L AE80 sedan that needs an complete interior overhaul badly and pops and I haven't had any luck with finding another AE80 front dash + centre console to replace ours with.

I found out that the AE101 and AE111 dashboards/centre consoles can fit and was wondering if there's any major reason to choose either one over the other. So far I'm looking at the AE111 simply because it's the newer model of the two. Opinions?

We would also like to change the shift boot and all the panels by the handbrake and whatnot (not sure what to call those panels) to match the front dashboard. Would these swap in easily as well?

Any problems with swapping in respective AE101 or AE111 door panels and rear dashboard as well?

Also, I'm thinking of getting a AE101 or AE111 steering wheel to replace ours and was wondering if it's difficult to install power steering as well. Is it difficult? Expensive? What stuff do I need to do such a swap?

Are any of these parts difficult to source locally? Anyone know an average cost for them?

Thanks in advance for info/advice/opinions 8-)

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » February 10th, 2008, 8:15 pm

ah cyar tell yuh bout d interior nuh...but d steering is easy

all the AE Corolla steering column spline is the same so any steering wheel will work

now, u said u have a 1.3L engine...is it a the SOHC 12valve 2E?
does it have A/C...or more importantly, does it have two main pulleys? make sure u have one for alternator/water pump and another for a/c and power steering
if not, u can get one off a scrapped engine

once that's in order, to install the power steering u'll need
1. power steering pump and bracket for ur engine ~~~ roughly $300
2. depending on which pump u get, u'll have to get an external reservoir (and bracket) if the pump doesn't have one built in ~~~ $75-$100
3. power steering rack (any AE rack will work...make sure u get the coupling and two clamps with it when u buy it) ~~~ roughly $300
4. lines (u may have to make a custom high-pressure line by Farfan..carry the pump and rack for them to get the correct fitting to make up the line)..the return line can be done with ATF hose and hose clamps since is low pressure ~~~ $ ???

if u scrapping from a front cut, u have access to EVERYTHING so no need to shop around

it's a simple case of swapping racks, bolting up the pump and getting the right size belt , then running the lines and filling the system...suck eye ting :wink:

Crazymofo
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Crazymofo » February 11th, 2008, 7:19 am

The car is running a 2A 8-valve SOHC and never had A/C. I'll take a look this evening to see if I find the two pulleys.

I do hope to find everything from a front cut when I do go shopping around. Thanks for the info Hook 8-)

Anyone else got info on the interior by chance? :(

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » February 11th, 2008, 10:23 am

I have an AE100 dash and centre consol on a scrapped front cut, but it's missing parts so I don't think you'll want to have to buy it piece-piece

PM me if yuh interested still and we can arrange to go take a look at it

Crazymofo
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Crazymofo » February 11th, 2008, 6:23 pm

Well I'm just looking for info about the full interior swap for now actually. Not planning to buy anything to swap in for a couple months at least.

Thanks though 8-)

buzz
Riding on 17's

Postby buzz » February 11th, 2008, 11:11 pm

i've heard of a kind of fibre glass that is used on cracked dash's and stuff to restore it. rumor has it that the garage in crown st tacrigua (cant rember his name)
is one of the few that can actually do it.........

in case u change your mind and wanted to stay original nah....

Crazymofo
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Crazymofo » February 12th, 2008, 6:29 pm

Hmm thanks for that option though it's probably better in the long run to pull a newer setup from a front cut.

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » February 12th, 2008, 6:37 pm

^^^ while I agree with u there for newness factor and resiliance...I'll only advise it if you're keeping the car

the AE100/111 interior is rounded and doesn't mesh well with the shape of the AE80...in reality, it will look odd
anybody looking to buy the car after that will wonder what kinda simi-dimi went on to have that installed

I suggest u keep it original..either repaired and painted (which is cool, cuz that way u could totally customize it with extra pockets, gauges, colours and trim and whatnot)

check Bick's in the bamboo and arx them about the parts that still hanging upstairs Courts in Curepe Jctn. (there used to be a goldmine of AE80 and CB3A parts!)
they had LOADS of AE80 parts hanging up there and up to last week I pass and saw them still there through the window

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”