TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

So long old friend.....

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

D3monic
Trinituner Peong

Postby D3monic » April 19th, 2008, 8:58 pm

:bump:

reddo_tuner
Riding on 18's

Postby reddo_tuner » April 20th, 2008, 12:10 am

UPDATE:

well get a call from meh padna tellin' meh that the engine wire up everything nice, ....except the brain box, not not good, so he have to go back to bic's to get it, so monday, the car should be started.

Zeriam
punchin NOS

Postby Zeriam » April 20th, 2008, 2:07 am

:onfire:

reddo_tuner
Riding on 18's

Postby reddo_tuner » April 20th, 2008, 1:28 pm

*steups* I WANT MEH CAR BACK... :( *SOB*

dmitc
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby dmitc » April 20th, 2008, 1:54 pm

well get a call from meh padna tellin' meh that the engine wire up everything nice, ....except the brain box

so how he know the car wire up properly if the brain box not working
them auto electricians again :evil:

reddo_tuner
Riding on 18's

Postby reddo_tuner » April 20th, 2008, 3:25 pm

dmitc,i ent kno car so good, so..the box could be good, but the wiring not then, well, we'll have to wait and see by tomorrow.

reddo_tuner
Riding on 18's

Postby reddo_tuner » April 20th, 2008, 8:23 pm

since i started the swap, i've been doing some research on the engine and looked for starlet owners, came across this setup:

check out where the exhaust is.lol :P

Terran
punchin NOS

Postby Terran » April 21st, 2008, 7:35 am

Something is not right - how could it be wired up "nice", but the brain box not good? :? I hope those guys not pulling one over your head.

It's always a good idea to be around when these things are happening. You don't want people working on your car and swapping parts from your engine because what you have is in better condition than what they have.

When I first attempted my conversion, I bought 3SGTE axles that I was advised would work. When they didn't, the mechanic and I came to an alternative arrangement that worked. I had to fabricate my old axles, and the 3SGTE axles were set aside. The air condition fan also had to be removed since it was "in the way" and I had space constraints. In the end, when I settled everything with that mechanic, I asked for him to return my 3SGTE axles and the fan that was removed. He was like:

"What axles? Me ent know nothing 'bout no axles. What axles you talking 'bout?"

And:

"Fan? What fan? It didn't have a next fan."

:evil:

Not saying it will happen to you, reddo_tuner, but you need to be careful about who you can trust, especially with people who you don't know working on the car for you when you are not as technically inclined as they are. That's why it's important to be there and see what is going on.

By the way, SWEET pics, boy! :twisted:

reddo_tuner
Riding on 18's

Postby reddo_tuner » April 21st, 2008, 9:13 am

Terran wrote:Something is not right - how could it be wired up "nice", but the brain box not good? :? I hope those guys not pulling one over your head.

It's always a good idea to be around when these things are happening. You don't want people working on your car and swapping parts from your engine because what you have is in better condition than what they have.

When I first attempted my conversion, I bought 3SGTE axles that I was advised would work. When they didn't, the mechanic and I came to an alternative arrangement that worked. I had to fabricate my old axles, and the 3SGTE axles were set aside. The air condition fan also had to be removed since it was "in the way" and I had space constraints. In the end, when I settled everything with that mechanic, I asked for him to return my 3SGTE axles and the fan that was removed. He was like:

"What axles? Me ent know nothing 'bout no axles. What axles you talking 'bout?"

And:

"Fan? What fan? It didn't have a next fan."

:evil:

Not saying it will happen to you, reddo_tuner, but you need to be careful about who you can trust, especially with people who you don't know working on the car for you when you are not as technically inclined as they are. That's why it's important to be there and see what is going on.

By the way, SWEET pics, boy! :twisted:

thanks for the advice, think i'll try that, but i started work today, so it will be kinda hard to be there when everything is being done

reddo_tuner
Riding on 18's

Postby reddo_tuner » April 21st, 2008, 9:18 am

Update: it seems that the brain box was actually the wrong one, it means that it was probably switched or changed when it was at BIC's. :| these people good yes, hoping to
organize one from them by today, engine still on warranty.

Zeriam
punchin NOS

Postby Zeriam » April 21st, 2008, 10:12 am

Terran,i hope it wasnt sting u went by for that 1 work

D3monic
Trinituner Peong

Postby D3monic » April 21st, 2008, 10:29 am

Goodluck with swap if u do that setup in those pics.... one word for u Drags....... :mrgreen:

reddo_tuner
Riding on 18's

Postby reddo_tuner » April 21st, 2008, 10:32 am

D3monic,the wait is overbearing...!

sleepertercel
Trinituner Peong

Postby sleepertercel » April 21st, 2008, 11:20 am

reddo_tuner,
If you can't be there all the time, make it a habit to drop in so that they know yow are likely to be around. I know it may not be possible to watch their every move but if they know that you are likely to pop in at any time they might be less likely to try stupidness. And know if they promise you 2 weeks be ready to wait 6.

If you can't get an A/T ECU then let me know i have one that may be for sale.

Terran
punchin NOS

Postby Terran » April 21st, 2008, 11:38 am

Zeriam wrote:Terran,i hope it wasnt sting u went by for that 1 work

Dude's name is Daren. I have him in my phone book as Daren the Mookanic.

Terran
punchin NOS

Postby Terran » April 21st, 2008, 11:43 am

sleepertercel wrote:reddo_tuner,
If you can't be there all the time, make it a habit to drop in so that they know yow are likely to be around. I know it may not be possible to watch their every move but if they know that you are likely to pop in at any time they might be less likely to try stupidness. And know if they promise you 2 weeks be ready to wait 6.

Quite right! And DON'T call if you are popping in. Just show up. Watch and see how the wretch(es) scramble for tools... and stutter for words when you ask questions. Don't put them on alert by calling first.

reddo_tuner
Riding on 18's

Postby reddo_tuner » April 21st, 2008, 12:32 pm

thanks for the advice fellas, greatly appreciated!

dmitc
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby dmitc » April 21st, 2008, 12:50 pm

yo reddo we not trying to scare yuh but things does happen
ah sure yuh go like yuhself when yuh get back yuh car :wink:

reddo_tuner
Riding on 18's

Postby reddo_tuner » April 21st, 2008, 1:02 pm

how yuh mean! countin the days....

Terran
punchin NOS

Postby Terran » April 21st, 2008, 3:07 pm

I had tons of problems with mechanics... but I learned from it all.

One guy had my car for nearly four months, and he claimed he was going to get my air condition working, deal with the high idle speed and install a relay that would get the supercharger working. Don't ask me how or why. I didn't know how it was going to work, especially when he asked me for a wiring diagram of the engine.

The problem was that he had erected this wall right around his property, making it impossible to see inside his yard. I only saw my car from glimpses through the spaces between the gate frame and the wall. It was never really in the same spot. Sometimes, I could not see it at all. And then the time came when I could not see it at all for weeks. I feared the worst. And every time I called the mechanic, it was a different story. Most of the time, he did not answer his cell phone, and if he did, he was never home, or sick, or...

When weeks passed and I had not seen the car and could not get on to him, I called a wrecker and was set to get the police involved to get back my car. On the day itself, I passed in front his house, and there was the car!

I called from outside the tall wall, and out came his wife with the keys. I drove out of there one time, without turning back.

Air condition was working, but sucking power. Idle speed was still high. And, still, the bonus in buying that engine - the boost - was still not there. No relay or whatever sheit he spoke about doing was ever installed.

There was dust all over the car. Months of it, so much, that it glued itself to the body of the car. Cobweb was between all the rims, and there was mildew on the seats. Used KFC napkins, straws and empty beer bottles littered the floor. The car apparently became a lounge for relaxing while the mechanic and his workmen ate, worked, relaxed, limed, played cards... and God alone knows what else!

D3monic
Trinituner Peong

Postby D3monic » April 21st, 2008, 8:39 pm

hmmmmm thats rough boyTerran, u came a long way....... :wink:

reddo_tuner
Riding on 18's

Postby reddo_tuner » April 21st, 2008, 8:55 pm

Update: my padner(remains anonymous), collected a brain box from droppa, to start the car, so it should be back down in Marabella by tomorrow. Props to Droppa, thanks man! :twisted:

D3monic
Trinituner Peong

Postby D3monic » April 21st, 2008, 10:32 pm

Droppa is a bosss :)

reddo_tuner
Riding on 18's

Postby reddo_tuner » April 21st, 2008, 11:16 pm

fellas, check this bad boy out, this is what i want my tercel to look like:

:skurry: :wiggle: :wiggle:

D3monic
Trinituner Peong

Postby D3monic » April 22nd, 2008, 1:13 am

loooks nice.......... :wink:

Terran
punchin NOS

Postby Terran » April 22nd, 2008, 8:36 am

Now I wonder where he got those projectors done...

reddo_tuner
Riding on 18's

Postby reddo_tuner » April 22nd, 2008, 8:44 pm

Update: well, it seems that the car was never by the steve guy, it was by a guy named Andrew in Marabella, i saw it today, 'smallley' as he is know, says that they will try to start the car this evening and to check him in the morning. Iam studying whether i should have done the swap by someone else :?

D3monic
Trinituner Peong

Postby D3monic » April 22nd, 2008, 10:37 pm

doh worry reddo_tuner, just say your prayers and hope u meet them with your car running...... :wink:

Zeriam
punchin NOS

Postby Zeriam » April 22nd, 2008, 10:42 pm

if u fEELing worriEd an wanna switch i could link u with somEonE
and that tErcEl mad!!! i saw a how to makE ur own halo projEcts a while back online i'll try to find it and post it

Terran
punchin NOS

Postby Terran » April 22nd, 2008, 11:19 pm

reddo_tuner wrote:Update: well, it seems that the car was never by the steve guy, it was by a guy named Andrew in Marabella, i saw it today, 'smallley' as he is know, says that they will try to start the car this evening and to check him in the morning. Iam studying whether i should have done the swap by someone else :?

I am SURE you were never told exactly where the car was, and when you were told, it was made to seem like information you already have. Ah right?

Try not to be afraid. Be vigilant, and on top of everything that is going on.

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”