TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The comprehensive 4age thread

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » October 3rd, 2006, 9:44 pm

dread the core is fine i said it before. But i guess i didnt mention its pressure tested up to 30 psi and not a leak believe me when i say its just the fins... :(

mrboxman
Trinituner Peong

Postby mrboxman » October 4th, 2006, 8:49 am

k i have an interesting question here for 20v owners

how do you take off the factory airbox not the one with the filter
the one that covers the itbs?

if i do this would how do i run the map sensor?
ive seen it done but dunno how they do it
any info would be greatly appreciated

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » October 4th, 2006, 10:24 am

nasscott wrote:Who is pitbull??? i keep hearing the name popup. is that mih boy from San Juan with the blue corolla with the insanely fast 3sgte? He actually has a modded evo 7 now and he tell me the corolla still faster than the evo :twisted: that car was what first inspired me to research the 3sgte engine. By de way... i think if u need anything more than a boost controller and some tuning to run 12's with a 4th gen 3s in a 101 u need licks.

nah, pitbull is from cunupia side...and he doing 12's years now with a 2nd gen celica engine....his is a blue ae92 corolla or as I call it, a celica wrapped in a ae92 shell.

Remember nascott....a corolla with a 4th gen (265hp) modded 3sgte on 2wd will eat an evo 7 because of the torque and pwr to weight ratio. The evo 7 is not a 4wd lancer with an evo engine.

I think that Trac was referring to the fact that he was disappointed that the guy's using a 265 hp baseline with 20psi and standalone EMS to do 12's when there are guys in Florida who do that with a 3200lb gt4 celica without standalone on 15-17psi. 8-)

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » October 4th, 2006, 2:38 pm

^^^ dread i real biased so as long as he doing 12's with a 3sgte i doh care how much overspending went on i just happy is another toyota kickin butt. (not the right attitude i know but im not perfect :oops: )
mrboxman wrote:k i have an interesting question here for 20v owners

how do you take off the factory airbox not the one with the filter
the one that covers the itbs?

if i do this would how do i run the map sensor?
ive seen it done but dunno how they do it
any info would be greatly appreciated

there are some screws at the back of the manifold when you take those off there are 4 elbow shaped tubes about 6 or so inches positioned downward to even out the flow to each throttle body. if you are planning to discard those and go with trumpets it should be a bolt on mod since the MAP sensor takes readings after this point. but please dont take my word for it cause i've only considered it... i've never tried it. im one of those guys that believe that Manufacturer's Research and development budgets greatly exceed my own so i tend to rely alot on stock specs and oem performance equipment. Apart from that norm i've always wondered what an STI hood scoop with the 4 elbow type baffles turned upwards instead would result in on the quatermile with C16 fuel for a better safety margin from pinging with that insanely high compression ratio toyota uses on the blacktop.

mrboxman
Trinituner Peong

Postby mrboxman » October 4th, 2006, 2:53 pm

what about the lil sensor that goes into the air box?

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » October 4th, 2006, 3:50 pm

ralph, u sure pitbull did 12's? he has a slip for that? afaik he did 13/14's with that car, i could be wrong tho, but im speaking about the times i have seen it run, which is most if not all the times.

bleedingfreak
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby bleedingfreak » October 5th, 2006, 3:14 pm

mrboxman wrote:what about the lil sensor that goes into the air box?

Air temp sensor... yuh need dat

seanf3000
18 pounds of Boost

Postby seanf3000 » October 5th, 2006, 4:50 pm

Yeah....that would be the IAT sensor. Need to make a hole or adaptor for that.

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » October 6th, 2006, 10:05 am

AllTrac wrote:ralph, u sure pitbull did 12's? he has a slip for that? afaik he did 13/14's with that car, i could be wrong tho, but im speaking about the times i have seen it run, which is most if not all the times.

He did 12.5 at one event...the one right before his block went poof! As I said, since then I know he's done more work but I haven't seen him do any times since...and I could only imagine what he's do on the bottle!

mrboxman
Trinituner Peong

Postby mrboxman » October 6th, 2006, 6:30 pm

so if i take out the airbox thing covering the throttles
where do i put the air temp sensor?

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » October 6th, 2006, 9:15 pm

got me stumped there too i never thought of exactly where it must be relocated to i just knew it had to be relocated there is the obvious option of taping one of the trumpets or whatever you use to act as an inlet for the ITB's but theoretically its a flawed concept since u want to tell the computer what temperature is entering all four throttle bodies and not just one. any of you guys know how to work around this?

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » October 9th, 2006, 9:51 am

nasscott, just asking here but why would it make a difference that the air temp reading is across all four ITB's? Shouldn't the air temp entering one TB be (under normal circumstances) the same as that entering the other three (I'm just tryin a bit of logic here...me ent no 20v expert), since there would be no reason for the air temp to be higher on any 1 throttle than the others since they're atmospheric intakes?

What's ur take on this?

thegtiman
TriniTuner Crew

Postby thegtiman » October 9th, 2006, 10:14 am

Interesting thread going on here. Trac like you could write a 3S book by now!

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » October 9th, 2006, 2:02 pm

gt4tified wrote:nasscott, just asking here but why would it make a difference that the air temp reading is across all four ITB's? Shouldn't the air temp entering one TB be (under normal circumstances) the same as that entering the other three (I'm just tryin a bit of logic here...me ent no 20v expert), since there would be no reason for the air temp to be higher on any 1 throttle than the others since they're atmospheric intakes?

What's ur take on this?

First note that word i used was THEORETICALLY. in the real world you do get away with alot of bad science but the ideal situation is to provide the computer with the most accurate readings which is why toyota designed the system to take temperature readings that arent biased to the air temp entering one cylinder only. i guess theres nothing i can think of that could malfunction but if there was something that caused cylinder 4's throttle to be gulping air way hotter than cylinder 1's throttle the general idea is you want your system designed to detect the flaw and compensate for it. its all a question of proper engineering concept when u design and modify stuff. (like i know squat about what im saying lol) so again i provide you with no solution to the problem but im just pointing out that ideally the setup with the sensor in 1 trumpet isnt perfect. hope that makes sense.

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » October 9th, 2006, 2:37 pm

Yeah....I entirely agree with u hoss, I was just wondering if in practicality (for daily driving esp) if that would make a difference, in helping to answer mrboxman's question. Its just like toyota making a factory knock sensor to detect engine knock but the sensor can't detect which cylinder knocks.....and it takes an aftermarket company to concoct a clever device such as the knockguard to do just that.

mrboxman
Trinituner Peong

Postby mrboxman » October 9th, 2006, 2:48 pm

so with afm equipped silvertop 20vs how do they get around the sensor ?
if they wanna run trumpets?

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » October 9th, 2006, 4:10 pm

im almost certain but just "almost" that they use the same map sensor off the blacktop and use after market EMS' or the stock management from the blacktop. the engines are too simular for this mod not to work.

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » October 13th, 2006, 8:04 am

What does it mean when my tsc wire off the ecu reads 6.9v on idle/rev? Its supposed to be a 12v when off boost and switch (by TVSV) to a ground on boost...but I'm getting neither to happen.

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » October 14th, 2006, 3:53 pm

if that is the Thermostat Vacuuum Switch valve ur talking about, you may have a similar problem i've had troubleshooting a JDM honda's ecu output. Most times the tech you get for engines like the 3sgte is USDM spec and the JDM ecu's tend to differ slightly. my take on it is if the system seems to be working and just the voltages are off you dont need to worry unless you are using a different EMS which would result in alot of stress when pinnout voltages start to differ and the EMS see's it as a malfunction when the engine is just designed with minor differences.

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » October 16th, 2006, 3:25 pm

Anyone with a 4azge 3rd gen supercharger? :oops:

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » October 16th, 2006, 10:32 pm

Strauss wrote:Anyone with a 4azge 3rd gen supercharger? :oops:

i've only heard of the 4AGZE
:P
im wondering if gt4tfied had any luck with that problem he was having.

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » October 17th, 2006, 8:24 am

:) You know what I meant, bubbleboy.

Do you know of anyone with a 3rd gen 4agze supercharger and willing to part with it for a small sum?

Terran
punchin NOS

Postby Terran » October 17th, 2006, 9:04 am

Dear Gawd... what happen now?

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » October 17th, 2006, 10:13 am

nah i dont even think i've ever seen the 4agze up close and personal.
Terran, where have you been man and how are things with your project?

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » October 17th, 2006, 1:11 pm

nasscott....the info that I get is for both JDM and USDM 3sgte engines. In either case the TSC is supposed to be the pin for the TVSV...my tvsv apparently is not reading boost....it is constantly reading on-boost. My problem is that I don't know if its a mechanical or electrical fix.

Terran
punchin NOS

Postby Terran » October 17th, 2006, 1:26 pm

nasscott, update your parts list with these:

90916-03090 / Thermostat / $135.47 + VAT
16325-63011 / Thermostat washer / $25.02 + VAT

Terran
punchin NOS

Postby Terran » October 17th, 2006, 1:30 pm

nasscott wrote:nah i dont even think i've ever seen the 4agze up close and personal.
Terran, where have you been man and how are things with your project?

It still there... I'll look at getting it rolling again in the new year. Christmas coming and things going to get really busy, really fast.

Yesterday, a man was trying to show me how easy it is to get the BT boosting up to 18 psi. Tempting, tempting...

Anton
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Anton » October 18th, 2006, 2:51 pm

^^ Well share nah
:D

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » October 18th, 2006, 3:52 pm

Question for the 3sgte community.....is the 90-95mr2 turbo and 90-93st185 celica turbo Air Flow Meter tuned for the same ratings (voltage, air flow)?

Terran
punchin NOS

Postby Terran » October 18th, 2006, 5:27 pm

Anton wrote:^^ Well share nah
:D

Share what exactly - how to boost a blacktop engine to 18 psi? :lol:

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”