TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The comprehensive 4age thread

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » November 3rd, 2006, 7:05 pm

what time on monday? and uwi side? or on campus itself?

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » November 5th, 2006, 3:05 pm

Campus itself.....around 4:45-5pm. Up by admin carpark. Just look for the 2 celicas! :twisted:

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » November 6th, 2006, 10:51 am

dem 1G is weak sauce.

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » November 6th, 2006, 9:23 pm

gt4tified wrote:Campus itself.....around 4:45-5pm. Up by admin carpark. Just look for the 2 celicas! :twisted:

well UWI musbe have a private underground admin carpark. cause i swing through (yes an all dat ffing traffic) and i still looking for the 2 celica's in admin carpark. thanks though i meet one nice lil browning cause i had 2 borrow she laptop to make sure is admin carpark u said on the forum. and then i meet a nex dougla ting who in her final year up there. if i wasnt so tired eh :twisted: (and broke)...
anyway. thanks again. anytime i invited to come up and meet u in UWI again i goin and dressup put on some cologne and IF i happen to bounce into u no scene but i goin fuh de "scrembees" next time.

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » November 7th, 2006, 2:06 pm

gt4tified wrote:
Zeriam wrote:can the engine from a parado fit in a rx70 cressida. and if it can would it make sense or nonsense cause is a free eninge we getting any thoughts welcomed

Sell it for parts and buy a 2jzgte and drop THAT in de cressida! :twisted:

Hahaha

I think he should look at the 1G-GZE. Would fit perfect.

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » November 7th, 2006, 2:12 pm

AllTrac wrote:dem 1G is weak sauce.

No man.

Not as much spunk as the 4A-GZE, but much potential and less headache and cost.

And more potential as in the 1G-G(T)E, if you can't get a stock 1G-GTE since the GZE is more common. i.e. you can swap out.

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » November 7th, 2006, 3:03 pm

the 1g-gte is the first 6cyl turbo motor toyota ever made, it was in a testing phase, kindda trial and error, it was 2.0lt, it came with about 150hp at the fly, the turbo was poorly made and it chokes up quickly, it doesnt like revving and power drops of quickly at about 5K rpm, its also plagued with a cracked manifold problem, its a iron head and block, so its heavy as firetruck, its an old engine so parts are not readily available, it does not have much aftermarket support, toyota relizeing its not much of a performer and they gained all there experience from that 6cylturbo engine decide to finally cut out a true performer and done away with the iron head and made the 7mgte, now that a true performer, not a dinky 2lt 6, but a 3.0lt 6cyl, 24valves, I get a pull in one in a cressida, 1g-gte, it was running my brothers stock rb20det, my brothers car tore the 1g a new azzhole to put it lightly, once again its weak sauce, the blue capri in drags has a 1g, it ran 17's first time he timed it stock, now it has alot of mods includeing big turbo, he doing 15's now, so he told me.

another question, where u getting parts for that? the 3sgte is so rare and mathuras have entine rebuild kits for the 3s, go in and ask them for any gasket for the 1ggte nah. Remember the after the 1g toyota made the 7m from the ground up design, meaning that they scraped the idea of enhanceing the 1g made the 7m from scratch, so they dont share parts between the 7m and the 1g.
IMHO the best toyota straight sixs starts from the 7mgte's
Last edited by AllTrac on November 7th, 2006, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » November 7th, 2006, 3:10 pm

Now the 7M is a great engine! But it drinks gas.

BTW I saw a sudden influx of 1g-gze. The only problem I think are the differences between the 1ggze, 1ggte and 1gge... although it's the same block. Remember reading that somewhere.

It's not the best engine, but easy install from what I've seen. A partner of mines has the last gen in his crown.

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » November 7th, 2006, 3:14 pm

the blue capri in drags has a 1g, it ran 17's first time he timed it stock, now it has alot of mods includeing big turbo, he doing 15's now, so he told me.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
my stock 1.6 will whop that from de line :twisted:

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » November 7th, 2006, 3:18 pm

^^ "stock" you say? :P

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » November 7th, 2006, 3:30 pm

yes stock as in not even a cold air intake. bone stock with dropin air filter and oil filter from trd. and it will whop that from de line. i could proove it on the 18th if yuh want.

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » November 8th, 2006, 10:53 am

The 7mgte while a much better performer than the 1g, has its own set of hiccups. H2O was explaining them to me recently... water whey yuh dey boy? Educate the masses nuh?

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » November 8th, 2006, 11:15 am

eh eh eh....lol 1g cheap and decent. Cheapest swap IMO! Theres a few people away who dynoed their stock 1ggte supras and they getting from 187-194rwhp. Theres a few of them in australia pumping out 350-390RWHP with some good amount of mods but still, for an old ass engine it pumping out some decent numbers.

The 7M's only require up to 450-500hp to do mid 11's constant. WITHOUT nitrous

However the 7M's(GTE that is) came with like 240HP stock or so. AND THEY CARRY SOME GOOD TORQUE! :twisted: :twisted: The problems with 7M's is the overheatage. You would need to put a better head gasket and retorque head studs but im not sure how much. The stock 7m turbo is upgraded to a 60-1 mostly and work very damn good at 18psi, this is where most people away make 400rwhp with.(The same turbo that in my 1G i get)

Look it have a 1g with box on forum for sale, they does pull nice with the gearbox but auto is shiet. Same goes for 7M but the 7m auto pulls nice but still shiet compared to driving it with a box. I CAN GET YOU AN AUTO COMPELTE 7MGTE IN BEST CONDITION FOR 5000$.

Yea 7m is drink gas but you'll like it.

Want more? 1JZGTE theres alot of them around and an auto 1jz will be good enough on a cressida, trust me. I did 14.1 with mines auto with the thing wired on econ mode and 8.5psi. Even with a screwy boost line showing me 4-5psi when one line was incorrect, i was doing 14.7 constant auto.

A 1jz will work in a cressida, but they come middle/rear oil sump, if you need a front sump and crankcase, i have one to sell if u decide this way. Also 1JZ's going for 5-7000 in bamboo now, Auto. But look like someone buying them out. lol

Forget 2jz in a cressida, believe me, that is some serious conversion. UNLESS you have the money and proper parts located.

For a cressida, i would suggest a 1JZGTE if you want a decent gas mileage, but if you want to do some slight mods and have a decent turbo to work with and get some good power, 7MGTE.

Slow Poke
Trinituner Peong

Postby Slow Poke » November 8th, 2006, 12:35 pm

Not as much spunk as the 4A-GZE, but much potential and less headache and cost.

care to explain the headache with a 4agze?

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » November 8th, 2006, 2:25 pm

I've heard from 1st hand sources who rally this engine that the boost is uneven. Strauss and dem would know more bout dis...

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » November 8th, 2006, 4:43 pm

Slow Poke wrote:Not as much spunk as the 4A-GZE, but much potential and less headache and cost.

care to explain the headache with a 4agze?

I was comparing the 1G to the 2J

Slow Poke
Trinituner Peong

Postby Slow Poke » November 8th, 2006, 5:00 pm

oh ok i got lil worried ther cause thats my next engine thanks

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » November 9th, 2006, 9:52 am

So erm, nasscott, how de cash sponge look? :|

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » November 9th, 2006, 1:32 pm

^^^minus the rice front bumper :twisted: i REAL like it. you seriously giving it up? isnt that a four wheel drive? if u sell that it doh have nottin again from toyota performance oriented to upgrade to unless u wanna shell out $240K for a 2002 caldina GT-fourN and that is headache trust me i tried to get one.
right now nothing working in my favour with my "cash sponge either" i might have to use a koni fsd front suspension kit from the toyota avensis and hope that they'll bring out one for the levin soon so i can use that in the back. i REAL fedup of not being able to set the suspension exactly as i want it cause that keepin back everything and i want to do it fast so my pocket can recover enough to sort out the ST215 if one pops up. Thanks for the headsup i saw a front clip on ebay and i got a friend to bid on it for me i dunno how that'll work out but we'll see.
:!:

WHO was it that said the 1JZGTE was a 2 liter engine btw?
http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/toy ... 2_10/7873/
not according to that. i guess though, thats the only thing besides the caldina that's newer from toyota with a lil bit of oooomph!

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » November 9th, 2006, 1:49 pm

Yes it is the All-Wheel Drive (different from 4wheel drive..just being technically correct) and as far as I know, there are only 2 of them in T&T.

Blame the person that I bought it from for the 'rice' front bumper. Its actually nice tho...would look even meaner with the sides (hell, if the supras do it...). I think that now its easier for me to get the CS front bumper for it but the way that the fenders are flared to match the kit, I may not be able to reverse the fender-work.

I just have the FS sign on it....if anyone really wants it and is willing to pay the price, take it (with some exceptions...like first time owners-me ent want nobody mammie to come an hold me responsible for dey son/daughter ending they life because of owning a gt4) :lol:

I'm still in the process of tuning it and doing a lot of work, little by little. Good thing is I have a lot of spare parts and access to parts :wink: But if your pal really want one, I know of a half-trac (normal celica GT with 3sgte conversion...front wheel drive in great shape) owner who's thinking of selling. Hit mih ah pm and I will link yuh.

Re your levin.....that superstrut suspension IS difficult to replace. and all I have to say on that is one word: TEIN!!!

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » November 9th, 2006, 2:18 pm

its the bz touring i have i hope the dampers from the levin will work on it. toyota says they think whatever dampers the levin use should work on the bz touring but the bz isnt super strut. not taking chances tomorrow im pulling the rear wheels off a levin and compare it to my bz just to make sure.
as for my friend he not sure what he want yes cause i told him that u were selling the car and he still tryin to make up his mind.

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » November 9th, 2006, 2:38 pm

Either way it doesn't bother me cuz iz mih only ride for now... and I needs a ride!

Hear ur best bet...get a set of good springs: Megan racing if you on a budget, Intrax or Eibach if u have the budget and take out the existing damper and carry it by Mathura's in St. James....you should get a KYB replacement for it there.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » November 9th, 2006, 6:00 pm

dunno who said 1jz is 2.0l, but 1G is 2.0l and 1JZ is 2.5L and they sweet from my experience

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » November 10th, 2006, 1:05 pm

take out the existing damper and carry it by Mathura's in St. James....you should get a KYB replacement for it there.

if i dont get through with the koni mission i'll do that i already checked mathura and found the replacement but upon finding out about the koni's i put the KYB'S on hold.
Do you guys know how many mrII ct26 3SGTE engines there are in seenath in the bamboo? there's a 4agze also even a blacktop 20V they want $10 for the 3sgte's 8 for the ZE and 7 for the blacktop 20V. you gettin right down to axles with each engine. call 662 0374 ask for Fareed and tell him i sent you. of course they dont have the ST215 3SGTE but alas... thats just my luck. so de deal is if i get my pals who lookin for 3S etc to buy all the engines they have they will source my st215 lol. who cares. i just want my peeps to have first "dibs" on these great engines.

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » November 10th, 2006, 2:45 pm

The mr2 engines are fine but beware......they won't come with a power steering pump. I betcha didn't know dat, did ya nascott? Go back and check if yuh tink I lie....then come back and ask mih why? (wait, did I just rhyme :shock: )

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » November 11th, 2006, 10:22 pm

no actually i know that i dont know if it matters cause in the same breath while telling me that seenath also said they'd make sure they got one for me if i took the engine so i really never was worried about it but i guess its noteworthy. I guess all you have to do is go with your business head on. they wanna make a sale and you wanna buy a complete engine. i see a healthy opportunity for a lil compromise bargain there. i was up there today cause they told me since yesterday they were getting new engines today but still no ST215 3sgte after everything was unpacked. and they got no new toyota high performance engines so my last post is still the most current. i got a tipoff that hyperfas has a 4th gen 3sgte cause it has coil packs but then they're saying that it came out of a celica. to my knowlege there is no AWD new model celica and also to the best of my knowlege the ONLY car that has the 4th gen 3SGTE is the new caldina i dunno i could be wrong. but i doubt it.

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » November 13th, 2006, 9:53 am

3sgte is also weak sauce

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » November 13th, 2006, 10:31 am

you want to see weak sauce visit this thread...
http://forums.trinituner.com/forums/vie ... 77&start=0

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » November 13th, 2006, 10:55 am

honda d15z :cool:

Terran
punchin NOS

Postby Terran » November 13th, 2006, 5:39 pm

Went by Hyperfas and asked about that engine moons ago.

It was rumoured that they actually had a Levin, modified with a 4th gen 3SGTE - air bag suspension, and tons of other goodies producing a 400HP beast. Since the car itself was over the age limit for imported used cars, they were selling the whole car in parts. When we got there, they denied having any Levin at all, and argued that somebody was just fooling people and encouraging a whole lot of nonsense.

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”