TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The comprehensive 4age thread

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Anton
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Anton » October 18th, 2006, 7:24 pm

Yup. Share how easy it is. :D

mrboxman
Trinituner Peong

Postby mrboxman » October 18th, 2006, 7:58 pm

i would love to know as well lets hear it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » October 18th, 2006, 10:03 pm

hoss if easy means cp pistons, carillo rods, aem ems, metal head gasket, t28 turbo, log or proper 4-2-1 or 4-1 stainless or iconnel turbo manifold, intercooler, inlet manifold with AIT switch ports, cold air intake, and some kinda wastegate, then hell yah it easy as pie and even if you get away with not using a piggyback to correct the fuel and u go with the stock management the engine wont last which is the biggest reason for concern since almost anything you put boost to will work; the question is for how long. the 4AGE 20V Blacktop (clearly stated for the sake of search engines) comes with 295CC injectors -as you would know if you've been following this thread because i posted the entire table of specs for every 4AGE model that exists- im yet to see a car that has enjoyed more than a few hard pulls at 18+ PSI on 295CC injectors. i say 18+ cause it WILL cross that sometimes believe it or not. I dont want to dampen anyone's spirits but EASY is not a word that should be used when referring to turbocharging a blackotop. at the very least you will need a turbo, turbo exhaust, and inlet manifold, AND FOR SURE a decompression head gasket unless your daddy last name is C16, intercooler optional, i guess it may be easy if u look at it like that but it will still cost you at least 10 grand plus then you'll have alot of headache when things start falling apart.

mrboxman
Trinituner Peong

Postby mrboxman » October 19th, 2006, 8:05 am

^^ we know that
i wanna know the easy way......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Terran
punchin NOS

Postby Terran » October 19th, 2006, 8:38 am

I think nasscott said it all, folks. I forgot to insert an emoticon in my post about it being easy to indicate my sarcasm about it. Surely, it is simple enough to achieve if you've got $$$ to burn, but I don't consider it to be worth the effort going that way when it's easier to modify a 4AGZE and kick enough ass out there.

Even if I had the cash to turbocharge a blacktop, stability and reliability come first for me. In light of that alone, the financial output in achieving that is likely to overwhelm any benefits derived from such a project.

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » October 19th, 2006, 9:29 am

Terran wrote:I think nasscott said it all, folks. I forgot to insert an emoticon in my post about it being easy to indicate my sarcasm about it. Surely, it is simple enough to achieve if you've got $$$ to burn, but I don't consider it to be worth the effort going that way when it's easier to modify a 4AGZE and kick enough arse out there.

I don't think that its about having money to burn cuz there are serious minded racers out there who would do it just to kill turbo b18c's etc.

But I agree that it IS serious cash to shell out though....judging from what nasscott put on that list....anywhere upwards of $30grand!

But on the other side, to move over to a 3sgte and get serious power going (about 350chp) you would have to spend almost $20k on headwork alone!

So either way, whether its the 4agze or 3sgte or whatever, serious power = serious money.

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » October 20th, 2006, 3:40 pm

on a more sad note. i eh too long come off the phone with koni's local rep seriously trying to understand if that is at all possible, HOW DE FFFF (trys to keep from getting emotional)... koni could only offer the FSD damper for the toyota avensis and not even the supra, mrII, celica or even the caldina. as anil roberts would say WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!! im goin to stick like a tick in their behinds till this blatant insult to toyota owners is corrected. i think its a slap in the face when a man with a crappy Skoda Combi could get a OEM spec replacement set of Koni FSD's and a man with a Supra have to suck salt? @#$%^&*#$%@!!!!!
It is incumbent upon me however, to mention that this is no fault of their local rep as a matter of fact the woman with whom i spoke provided the best local customer support that i have ever been privy to.

mrboxman
Trinituner Peong

Postby mrboxman » October 20th, 2006, 11:00 pm

koni have a local rep?
:shock:

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » October 21st, 2006, 2:22 am

yes the local rep for Koni is speedway. at least if you call speedway they have some other office that handles it. let me know if you need the contact name and number she's at least the most helpful person i've delt with customer service wise even if she's limited by the retards at Koni themselves.

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » October 23rd, 2006, 8:29 am

Boost is a dangerous drug.
From the time you taste it... you will spend your wife's used tampons to maintain the high.

Bezman
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Bezman » October 23rd, 2006, 9:39 am

you can call koni and get any shock you want for any vehicle, special made coilovers, special prepeded or valved OEM shocks, anything, all Supra and Celica owners would need to do is send in an OEM strutt and spring..

on another note, i am sure you can run 18spi on a stock 4age block and pistons, hell maybe even 20, with the right supporting mods, i think even the setup you listed nascott wouldnt allow 18+psi, the limiting fator in your list is the turbo, a T28 is only efficient till about 14-16 (MAX) psi, when you look at the compressor maps you see that its out of efficency at that level of boost..

allot of new tuners have proven, with the NEW EMS ssytems and good fuel / ignition, nearly anything is possible, and with the right fuel, even more is possible, there are allot more 11:1 and 12:1 daily driven street cars and allot more OEm 10:1 CR turbo street cars now too. its not eh gas, its the EMS and tuners and engine tech.,

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » October 23rd, 2006, 9:48 am

^ Preach it brudda Strauss, preach it!
Last edited by gt4tified on October 26th, 2006, 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » October 26th, 2006, 10:04 am

*bump*

Zeriam
punchin NOS

Postby Zeriam » October 26th, 2006, 6:05 pm

can the engine from a parado fit in a rx70 cressida. and if it can would it make sense or nonsense cause is a free eninge we getting any thoughts welcomed

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » October 26th, 2006, 6:45 pm

Always happy to help a fellow toyota owner but dude i seriously think you'd have better luck on the toyota tuner's thread. Only thing i thought is why not sell the engine and the cresida and get an AE111/101 or something and get yourself a 3sgte or a 4age 20v :twisted: THEN we can help you.

Zeriam
punchin NOS

Postby Zeriam » October 26th, 2006, 6:49 pm

when I actually buy my 4age20v for my AE80 then yeah i checking u guys but the info wasnt for me was for someone else.

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » October 27th, 2006, 9:44 am

Zeriam wrote:can the engine from a parado fit in a rx70 cressida. and if it can would it make sense or nonsense cause is a free eninge we getting any thoughts welcomed

Sell it for parts and buy a 2jzgte and drop THAT in de cressida! :twisted:

Zeriam
punchin NOS

Postby Zeriam » October 27th, 2006, 12:52 pm

that would have been a better thing to do i'll let the guy know

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » October 29th, 2006, 1:58 am

gt4tified, YUH EH GOOD :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » October 29th, 2006, 10:09 am

Sell it for parts and buy a 2jzgte and drop THAT in de cressida!

the man say free, i doh think he go have the money to finish the conversion......if u want i could carry by one ah meh padnah, he in gaspirillo, he have a old model supra that came with a 7mgte and he putting a 2jzgte auto and he catchin he ass. And the man is about 50 years old eh and getting vex he hadda keep spennin
money

is'nt prado diesel? why not put a 2L-T with box and done, cressidas came with 2L. Or u can just put a damn auto 1jz twin turbo and like yuh self lol those engines cheap these days(hopefully) and it have no probs fitting and if u need a front sump oil pan, crankcase and ting, ah have that cuz i no cressida is use front sump :twisted:

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » October 31st, 2006, 11:26 am

*~TeamH2O~* wrote:
Sell it for parts and buy a 2jzgte and drop THAT in de cressida!

the man say free, i doh think he go have the money to finish the conversion......if u want i could carry by one ah meh padnah, he in gaspirillo, he have a old model supra that came with a 7mgte and he putting a 2jzgte auto and he catchin he arse. And the man is about 50 years old eh and getting vex he hadda keep spennin
money

is'nt prado diesel? why not put a 2L-T with box and done, cressidas came with 2L. Or u can just put a damn auto 1jz twin turbo and like yuh self lol those engines cheap these days(hopefully) and it have no probs fitting and if u need a front sump oil pan, crankcase and ting, ah have that cuz i no cressida is use front sump :twisted:

How come you assuming how much money de man have? Like yuh get a bank wuk now? :lol:

ammm....if he getting de prado engine FREE....and he sell it, how come he won't have money to buy a 2JZ? I agree it will be expensive, but when you imagine how dem twin beyotches does sound when dey spooling.....worth de wait!

If he could get a 2jz from a front half lexus or supra, better yet!

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » October 31st, 2006, 12:57 pm

if he could get a whole lexus or a supra EVEN better yet! lol

allyuh i watch some real discouraging dvd's this weekend dread. somewhere in japan there was this GTR class drag meet and seriously speaking the slowest GTR ran very low 10's you dont want to know about the fastest one's trust me, and there were 32 of them at the meet :evil: so why dont i ever have any good news? i do! a couple of mrII's ran 10's and 1 that im PARTICULARLY proud of pulled a 9.9 what all of this translates to is that we all need to join a class where we can learn japanese and apart from that starting a savings account to invest in a couple of HKS 32/40 turbos. :!: :!: :!:
Last edited by TESTED performance on December 18th, 2006, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » October 31st, 2006, 8:15 pm

^^me doh even think about owning them thing cuz i doh see myself with tings like that lol

thank god i going japan next year :D

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » November 1st, 2006, 10:04 am

*~TeamH2O~* wrote:^^me doh even think about owning them thing cuz i doh see myself with tings like that lol

thank god i going japan next year :D

Yeah jed....so iz true? I really hear yuh guest appearing in:

FnF4....Tokyo MILF

and ah hear a rumor bout you having some part in: Godzilla vs. Supra?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » November 1st, 2006, 10:15 am

^^Pressure, that project scrap due to fittage issues and me eh bother cuz the cost was too much, so i get two choices, a stock 1jz or a modified 1G, and the 1G looking like it go run like a beyotch, the ct26 it have on it, the inlet huge compared to the stock ones and most likely it have forged internals from the way we see it

doh mind is 2.0l, i feel it go pull better with a 25psi

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » November 1st, 2006, 8:36 pm

any of you toyota peeps goin de burger lime on de cross in sando tomorrow night? i curious to see what some of deeze fowl fkkkers look like. pm me if any of u need directions. i does only buy chattoors burgars i hear they only use full JDM Race spec meat they does cook with C16 only and the cart itself was a joint effort between HKS and TRD :lol: :lol: :lol:

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » November 2nd, 2006, 10:58 am

H2O boy, ent you was de one saying recently it eh ha no replacement fuh displacement??? Wham yuh abandon dat theory or the 1G looking like ah stroker project? BTW, 1G is single turbo? I always thought was twin~

nasscott.....me has no intenshun of goin to north guyana to see no TRD/HKS burger cart nor eat JDm spec meat....I'd rather be saving my gas money to buy a ProfecB and wideband O2 afm. :mrgreen: But if allyuh go....lemme know how dem fowl does run out de coop!

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » November 2nd, 2006, 11:19 am

^^LOL ent, tha gas money is pressure.

the 1g looking like a monster setup how it come just so, so i wha see it perform, other wise is back to making the V fit.

TESTED performance
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby TESTED performance » November 2nd, 2006, 2:52 pm

i was juss hoping to have a 3sgte owner to talk to face to face my project still dead in de water and i want to get it off de ground.

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » November 2nd, 2006, 2:57 pm

nasscott wrote:i was juss hoping to have a 3sgte owner to talk to face to face my project still dead in de water and i want to get it off de ground.

Well yuh cud always make a north doubles lime. Just post on the weekly thread if yuh go be dere or not. A half-trac owner and I are supposed to be meeting up uwi side on Mon. evening so if yuh in de area, swing in nah?

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”