Saturday, December 20th, 2014

- It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Jump to:  

CA6230
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:46 am 
Ricer

Hey folks! I've finally done the drum to disc conversion on my fielder and Im interested in sending more pressure to the rear. *alot of folks in the field said I dont need a proportioning valve swap. Even the guy I bought the conversion from said he wont sell me something I dont need (proportioning valve). Just need some clarification here guys. Thanks in advance.

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

CA6230
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:57 am 
Ricer

Anything guys?

ramishrrr
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:28 am 
Chronic TriniTuner

The idea of braking pressure to the rear wheels in a vehicle like a Fielder is not so much in stopping power, as it is in control. The front brakes do the most work in stopping, while the rear provides control in keeping the car in a straight line. If the back is holding too much, that will be lost. Wet roads will be a challenge.
This is noticeable with cars equipped with all wheel discs. The front is larger than the rear, and the rate of wear is more pronounced at the front.
Peace.
RR.

CA6230
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:36 am 
Ricer

ramishrrr wrote:
The idea of braking pressure to the rear wheels in a vehicle like a Fielder is not so much in stopping power, as it is in control. The front brakes do the most work in stopping, while the rear provides control in keeping the car in a straight line. If the back is holding too much, that will be lost. Wet roads will be a challenge.
This is noticeable with cars equipped with all wheel discs. The front is larger than the rear, and the rate of wear is more pronounced at the front.
Peace.
RR.

Thanks much buddy.

4a70
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:24 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

Well from my understanding of things... u will need the proportioning valve from the vehicle those brakes came from. I have done this in the past and i realised that without changing the valve u have much less stopping power. Discs require a higher fluid pressure as they arent as efficent at stopping as drums, however they are more efficent in the cooling hence why most performance track cars use them. Just my 2c

CA6230
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:25 pm 
Ricer

4a70 wrote:
Well from my understanding of things... u will need the proportioning valve from the vehicle those brakes came from. I have done this in the past and i realised that without changing the valve u have much less stopping power. Discs require a higher fluid pressure as they arent as efficent at stopping as drums, however they are more efficent in the cooling hence why most performance track cars use them. Just my 2c

Thanks man. People say since its a wagon it already has great rear pressure....... makes sense what you're saying though.