Sunday, December 21st, 2014

- It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Jump to:  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
cutthroatInt
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:28 pm 
Trinituner Peong

1jz A31 was one of the first projects i was goin for.. drivin A31 was sellin for 16k... opportunity missed yes.

but the cross breed might get some of the nissan men upset lol... :mrgreen:

747 TECHNOLOGIES
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:42 pm 
3NE 2NR Power Seller

^^Who cares....if you study to worry about OTHER PEOPLE and not build what you want, then you eh going to build what you want.

Naka
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:25 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

No more cefiro deal for me :x ! It have no reg. no.

TRD lil boost
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:29 pm 
Ricer

Naka wrote:
How is parts availability for both platforms?

I've been a fan of the JZ line ever since, but I fraid to do a project and ketch meh ass for alternator, sensors and thing.

Could anyone clear the air.

Any JZ owners who have theirs a while can let us know as well.

well i have a 2jze out down waiting on sale so parts isn't a problem lol

seecarr11
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:15 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

Bumping an old thread here to get some info from the gurus on the JZ engines.

what is considered normal operating temperature range for the 1JZ/2jz GTE engines? under normal and "spirited" driving conditions? I've heard that JZs run a bit warmer than most and using stuff other than the toyota long life coolant is asking for trouble. Is this true?

rx80
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:03 pm 
Chronic TriniTuner

These engines do run hot just be sure you change the old water hoses and use a good pair of fans if going electrical(No mishimoto sheit).
I use water wetter and prestone coolant with a slightly higher than stock radiator cap with no problems with a pair of Flex a lite fans.
I had a pair of 14" mishimoto fans before but i had some cooling issues with them so got rid of them..

drunk24-7
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:43 pm 
Street 2NR

I'd recommend DERALE fans, as from my experience, 1 14" fan can keep a 4D56-T cool under EXTREMELY SPIRITED DRIVING!!!

Also, make sure your radiator is in good condition, with no kinked or damaged fins... Get a 3 core cross flow, its worth it, try to have an external trans-cooler which is mounted away from the front of the radiator, as well as use a smaller condenser for the AC which leaves the radiator open for heat transfer. Other than that, i used kool-on radiator coolant for its antirust properties(its cheap!!) and changed hoses ever so often.

qscpower
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:08 am 
Street 2NR

Been running my 1JZ-GE in a Royal Saloon frm ptown to chag everyday on premium gas for the past 4yrs and all i do is change oil and filter, you cant go wrong with a JZ.

rx80
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:09 pm 
Chronic TriniTuner

Any one running the 1jz vvti motor?

Naka
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:19 am 
3NE 2NR for life

^you. lol.

Bumping the ole thread, I need A1 superior tech back on this.

Ok the new project right now I recently got is an MK3 supra with a 2jzgte. Driving normal for the while but I wanna wake up the 2jz!

First off lemme ask, is traction control holding me back?
and...
What are some first mods I can do to start off? Is tranny too.
and...
Is there any way to turn the stock sequential to non-sequential.
and...(one more, it's a reall dotish question, but ppl say no question is a stupid question).
How does the idea sound of building an extractor setup with aftermarket wastegate, using back the stock turbos?

seecarr11
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:04 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

traction control won't hold you back. its just another nice safety feature. however, if you like ripping tyres, making alot of smoke and getting the back to swing out (and you should, its a jz, that's what they're for :-) then just hit the trac control switch and turn it off. that's what i do. Get a nice LSD to go with it too if you don't already have one

being an auto, you should get a good tranny cooler. one of the best mods you can buy to protect your investment, especially if you plan to up the boost later and you drive aggressively. heat is the biggest killer of autos. i found out the hard way.

sequential to full parallel? its possible, google it. alot of people have done it and its not very hard to do. there is the downside of loosing your low end torque though, the car will feel sluggish until about 4500rpm when you compare it to the sequential setup. if you have the vvt-i version it might not be soo bad in the lower rpm range

build a custom manifold for the twins? hmmm. i guess the real question is why? what power/gains are you hoping to or can achieve by doing that? and then compare that to the cost of going big single or just turning up the boost. that should be what drives your decision. I know there are a few aftermarket manifolds for the vvt-i wun jay (1j) that are designed to use the stock turbo and oem intake/outlet and they provide some great gains but they are expensive.

so let us know how the numbers work out for u and the 2j. it would be nice to know what gains you'd get

rx80
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:48 pm 
Chronic TriniTuner

Naka,
Traction control won't hold you back unless the butterfly is stuck. What I did was get a throttle body without the second trc butterfly.
There are a lot of shift kits for the auto, you can prob check titan motorsports or mvautronics and no gbox can substitute a proper workin auto!
Aint no need for an aftermarket manifold for stock twins, just do over the twin pipes, it's the only real restriction in that exhaust..
To set it parallel is fairly easy for the 2jz, best thing to do is to get two front turbos from the US supra and yuh in the game!

Naka
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:36 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

^MV auto kit costing like about, 3kTT. I hadda calculate shipping tho. Thanks for the info guys. Sanjeev, I think I will be calling you. btw, what do you mean by doing over the twin pipes and do you have the non TC throttle body for sale.

Next question. 1jzgte non vvti vs 2jzgte non vvti, which one you guys prefer?

mrdk_cf
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:59 am 
Street 2NR

are celica parts available here in trinidad, i know there are a couple around but am i goin to b running around looking for body,engine parts?

seecarr11
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:45 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

Imo, if you're looking for really big numbers go for the 2jz, if its just 400-600 range 1jz. You don't need the extra weight from the 2j. Personally, even thou aftermarket support might be a little harder to find, i think you should be looking for the vvt-i versions but that's just me.

rx80
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:23 pm 
Chronic TriniTuner

Get a 2jz vvti and have best of both worlds. I'm not selling the TB I have but you can carry the stock one by a machinist and have them cut out the front . The twin pipe I'm speakin of is the exhaust from the turbos. It joins the both into one then goes to the exhaust pipe. From what others have run the best option is to run twin pipe from both turbos then joint them just before your first reonator.(Which should be just on the side of the tranny)

Naka
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:12 am 
3NE 2NR for life

Ok coolz, I'll try the machine shop. The twin pipes sounding like a good idea. I hope to get mines sorted out, but if anybody's interested: 2jzgte engine and tranny for sale, running, 10k.

Naka
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:09 am 
3NE 2NR for life

Well this thread seems to be really interactive and 'outeractive'. Cutthroat made a journey to come see the car and engine. So I'm loving this thread for the link up of JZ and supra men alike.

That's me here. No scene with number plate showing, this car is VERY legit!

Pics and yard, courtesy Roche(the white demonic mk3).

cutthroatInt
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:14 am 
Trinituner Peong

yeh boy.. add meh on the book.. i will send u the links

Naka
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:22 am 
3NE 2NR for life

^Added...

seecarr11
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:16 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

sweet. that is a sexy mark 3 right there.

Naka
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:18 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

^thanks man!

fras
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:50 am 
Chronic 2NR

1/2JZ in an Altezza... What pros & cons?

seecarr11
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:32 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

pros. you'll have a potential 4 door supra/ a real kick ass altezza

cons. one you start looking for the big numbers, reliability will become an issue. i.e. if you don't spend your money in the right upgrades you'll start to brake things and the car will fall apart around u :-(

the engine however, will probably last till the 2050s :-)

seriously thou, there are a few threads on that topic in this forum. do a search or ask some specific questions and we'll do our best to answer

fras
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:27 pm 
Chronic 2NR

When u say break things and fall apart, i assume ur talking about the chassis?
What can be done to strengthen the chassis?

How difficult is the engine swap? I heard nothing fits original :shock:

What upgraded brakes can be used, that would fit bolt for bolt?

For the suspension... At least coilovers will do?

seecarr11
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:08 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

ah now you asking the right questions.

no the chassis will be fine for the most part. i was talking about the drive train/suspension.

i know some guys that snapped drive shafts and final gears at around 450 on street tyres.
repeated hard lanuches usually go through oem bushings very quickly, especially the ones to the back that support the diff. the oem front shocks will not support the jz weight so the front tyres will tend to spread

some guys will disagree but imho, nothing fits if you want to take short cuts. its not going to be just bolt in. i'm not a "just hit this some hammer and u good to go" kinda guy

the main thing i would suggest for fitting is you get IS300 mounting brackets and an oil sump off the 2jz-ge that came in the altezza. plenty guys don't realise that those parts were different and that is why the jz sits farther back in the American is300 swaps and they keep their oem fan setups

then when u get past all that there is still the electrics to worry about and I'm not talking about just making it start and go, any mech can do that these days...

as for brakes, (i may get flamed for this )unless you plan to take your car to the track, the oem double piston brake will work just fine, and don't let anybody tell u different. the IS200,300 have the same brake setup as the Aristo, Chasers/mark 2/soarers that actually came with the 1jzgte and 2jzgte. if toyota didn't think those brakes would have enough clamping force for the heavier chassis they would have changed it. Altezzas are 500 pounds lighter than those cars. However, if you drive really aggressively and worry about brake fade, then the supra bbk is a viable upgrade. but at the end of the day if your tyres are sheit then you won't stop anyway you'll just engage the abs and slide straight into whatever you were trying to avoid

fras
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:57 pm 
Chronic 2NR

How easy it is to acquire the 2JZ-GE oil sump?

Whats the best drive shaft/gearbox setup for 450-500whp daily driver?

seecarr11
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:46 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

most people just modify the front sump it comes with. not very hard to do and yeah, you need a front sump jz that came in the aristos or mark 2s, the rear and mid sump jzs from the supras (a70,a80) will not work unless you convert it to front sump.

the drive shaft strength will depend on the weld quality. you will need to modify your existing driveshaft to suit the transmission you go with. (a340e/a341e, w58, r154, v160), or if you get your jz to fit like i did, you may be able to do a direct swap with the USDM/IS300 drive shaft, eliminating the need for custom welding and having the shaft balanced

rx80,naka,drunk 247 might be able to add more info on that

fras
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:53 pm 
Chronic 2NR

Much thanks 2NRs

Michelin
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:39 pm 
Riding on 13's

I am planning to put a 2JZ GTE into a W126 Mercedes 280SE, year-1983. I have already purchased the engine and transmission. Any advice will be appreciated.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next