Saturday, October 25th, 2014

- It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Jump to:  

ADONI
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:45 pm 
Chronic TriniTuner

Electrician say that is d ignition or some thing like that firing. It happens from time 2 time.
Just wonder if anybody get this in their NZE.
Thanks

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Hook
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:59 am 
3NE 2NR Moderator

A "sparking sound"? Like that clicking noise the igniter on those electronic ignition gas stoves makes? And it's coming from inside the car?
Are you sure it's not relay "chatter"?

Get a second opinion from another electrician and try to isolate the conditions that may trigger the noise and what accessories are on when you hear it.

ADONI
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:32 am 
Chronic TriniTuner

Hey, I forgot to mention it happens where trying to start the car that is. So as i turn the key it sounds like a taser firing on the left hand side by the glove compartment. I think there is a fuse box there. I react by turning the ignition off and then try to start the car again & everything is normal.

Hook
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:12 pm 
3NE 2NR Moderator

Methinx on the passenger side below there has the a/c relay panel and blower fuse. If you turn ignition on without trying to start, do u get it as well? Also, do you hear the noise when you try to start with the a/c off?

Check that relay box in the kick panel and make sure none of the relays are melted or have warped casings or that the relay sockets are sooty or melted. There's supposed to be a body ground nearby as well, make sure it's making a good electrical connection.

ADONI
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:40 pm 
Chronic TriniTuner

No shocking sound with the ignition on, plus I never start the car with the AC on. I will make some time & check the relays again. You have been very helpful!

Hook
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:56 pm 
3NE 2NR Moderator

If possible, leave the kickpanel off for a couple days and see if you could isolate where the noise is coming from, as and when it happens. Don't let it go on for too long though, just a few seconds is prolly all you need to reach over and feel if one of the relays in the panel is clicking.

sotf
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:07 pm 
Street 2NR

Any update on this?

I have gotten this sound about three times. TTTL say they may have to check the starter, but the noise was coming from near the glove compartment so that diagnosis seeming kind of strange to me.

ADONI
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:36 am 
Chronic TriniTuner

nah never did anything about it. Still get it from time to time.

pugboy
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:11 am 
punchin NOS

that is the a/c relay

mr NZE
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:12 am 
Ricer

Relay yes.....which one no idea because I start my car with the AC off and I still hear the noise

Hibrydsoul
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:02 pm 
Sweet on this forum

Normally there's a fuse box under the steering of most vehicles but I can't seem to find it in the corolla.... Any help/guidance

Hibrydsoul
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:42 pm 
Sweet on this forum

Never mind I found it, my new question will be where is the flasher relay in the nze. Normally its behind the instrument panel.... But I'm not able to see behind same as I'm still trying to figure out how to remove the lower have of the dashboard under the steering column