TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Blacktop Problem...

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ST205_GT4
Riding on 13's

Blacktop Problem...

Postby ST205_GT4 » August 21st, 2013, 12:07 pm

Guys my check light came on and remained flashing all the time...car works normal except when coming to a slow/stop...it idles at abt 400rpm but doesnt cut off.....did a scan nothing showed up...check light still blinking non stop..any ides here guys..BTW car is a ae11 gt with bt....automatic..thanks .

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Blacktop Problem...

Postby Hook » August 21st, 2013, 1:43 pm

That happened to me recently with my silvertop and I've no clue what caused it, but it seemed to have ironed itself out *knocks on wood* afterward.

I've a LED connected to the VVT pin on my ECU which lets me know when VVT is engaged (had an earlier issue years before with a faulty VVT solenoid, so I installed it to monitor whether the solenoid was getting current, and I just left the LED in).

On the instance where the CEL flashed, the VVT light was on, solid, as if it were in VVT.
I unplugged the solenoid, and managed to get home, but the following morning it happened again on start up.
Car refused to start, CEL flashing fast and VVT LED on solid. On checking, turns out there are no error codes.

If both problems are the same, I hope someone can shed some light on it, in case it's a sign of something that can be prevented.

ST205_GT4
Riding on 13's

Re: Blacktop Problem...

Postby ST205_GT4 » August 21st, 2013, 8:22 pm

thanks Hook...however after further check i can now say that the check light only came on while the ac was running....drove the car all day today with ac off and no problem....however now the ac compressor doesnt come on....so no CEL all day but now no ac....i was reading about a code "51" described as "ac switching" not sure what this means...i am assuming its the pressure switch..will do some more home-work...

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”