Thursday, October 23rd, 2014

- It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Jump to:  

lastminuteaudio
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:16 pm 
Sweet on this forum

well i runnin the texaco red coolant without any probs but i hear the prestone good as well. well i run normal shell 20w-50 in my engine an jus change oil on time. i dont hav a transmission so i not really sure bout that...lol... an rotors, i guess its a matter of preference an usage, slotted will cool better but the drilled ones crack after sum time.. jus my input..i can stand to be corrected..

turbohead
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:40 pm 
18 pounds of Boost

i am doin this same conversion at the moment. i used a complete 4efe engine and tranny. all the tercel mounts will work back original, the p/s and ac will bolt back original i jus used the alternator from the 4efe. my problem is that the transmission selector is opposite to the 2e engine....anyone with the solution to help me with that problem?

Hook
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:28 am 
3NE 2NR Moderator

IIRC, when you move the shifter forward to the park position, the linkage on the tranny end is supposed to move counter clockwise. What you're describing, means that when the transmission is in P, the shifter is in the L position.

I think that has to do with the orientation of the bar that connects the cable to the tranny. If when facing the engine, it's on your left, then you should be okay. See if you can unbolt it and flip it to the other side (you may have to adjust the bracket that holds the cable), or maybe use back the old linkage and bracket.

BTW, save your neutral start switch and speed sensor from the old tranny.

turbohead
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:40 pm 
18 pounds of Boost

nah it cant flip as the tranny cooler lines running next to the shifter and if i flip it it would bounce. so i wanted to no wat the op did to rectify this problem

Mr. Fixables
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:16 am 
Trinituner Peong

If your mechanic says your engine is a 2Y, you should think about changing your mechanic as well.

The 2Y is a Hilux engine.

The above posts are correct though, just swap in a 2e/3e/4e/5e FI conversion and you will be fine. You don't even have to change the block if you don;t want to, just the head and all the related FI stuff.

Kirk

turbohead
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:18 pm 
18 pounds of Boost

i got through with the bracket. wil post pics up tmr