I found these clips quite informative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UJglINM ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH4UEr4F ... re=related

The rest are on youtube.

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

ADONI
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:18 pm 
Chronic TriniTuner

Yes nice stuff, but only if Toyota here in T&T was not so expensive. I think if u add up all d parts from Toyota in T&T to build a vehicle, it might b about 3 times as much at which they sell a vehicle.
4 me:
Air Filter = K&N
Oil Filter = original, from Ebay cost me 1/3 of the price as Toyota in hand
Brake = Wagner for now, but I trying 2 get some Ceramic next
Spark Plugs = Denso Iridium

toyolink
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:37 pm 
3NE 2NR Power Seller

This counterfeit business has really reached significant levels and is more than spark plugs.
In fact today a lot of parts places in T&T are unwittingly marketing counterfeit products as original equipment in brand name packages and markings.
Vehicle owners are really between 'a rock and a hard place' and really have to exercise extreme care when purchasing supplies.
What fuels the industry is the customers desire for attractive pricing of original equipment.Personally,I find the biggest issue has to do with filters,bushings and fluids.
The thing about this mess is that the unfortunate customer will not observe any major 'failure in the short term but in the medium to long term all hell breaks loose.
I always like to say to people ---if something too good to be true it normally aint.
Know what you are buying and from whom with warranties.
Note you cannot prove engine failure from use of poor quality oil filters (which can and do shorten engine life).

mitsu
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:02 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

^^agreed,counterfeit products has reached to a new level as its looks like the real deal.

Adoni,I've found some reliable genuine toyota parts websites that I get my parts for the NZE
with the assistance of toyodiy for reference.

_Rajiv_
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:26 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

mitsu wrote:
Adoni,I've found some reliable genuine toyota parts websites that I get my parts for the NZE

Pls post some links to those sites, its good information for fellow toyota owners :)

ADONI
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 pm 
Chronic TriniTuner

mitsu, yeah I use toyodiy.com. I see stuff online to buy at times. I only bought some original oil filters online so far.

Around
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:07 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

_Rajiv_ wrote:
mitsu wrote:

Pls post some links to those sites, its good information for fellow toyota owners :)

dido this sounds like a plan

ADONI
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:08 am 
Chronic TriniTuner

First I use www.toyodiy.com and enter the VIN number. and just google the part numbers.
http://www.toyotapartszone.com/ this site comes up or ebay is reliable as well to locate.
The items that come up are most of the times cross reference from Toyota vehicle in the sates.

Around
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:00 pm 
3NE 2NR for life

cool thanks